WHAT DOES BEING YOUNG HAVE TO DO WITH IT?

youth matters not!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

What do you think about this?

Do you think I'm right?
31%
Do you think I'm wrong?
69%

Total votes: 16

The Artful Dodger
Still standing tall

Post by The Artful Dodger »

The Top Crusader wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
I know, I probably sound pretty preachy right now. But really, try to be a witness for Jesus. We're all people on here, okay? I know I wouldn't be too happy with someone saying to me some of the stuff you guys said to GuruGuy. You're acting like you utterly hate the guy. So just be careful, that's all I'm saying. Consider your words wisely. That's it.
By all means, I have faith in the members of the ToO, that if GuruGuy signed up and was here to be an active poster and get to know us all, etc, not a single person would attack him. However, so far all he has displayed is a propagandic agenda... not a single post he has made has been beyond that... and if that is what he is here for then he really isn't welcome. If he wants to prove otherwise, that's honestly a great thing and I personally will lay off him.
Well, so far, you haven't been all too encouraging. For future reference, I would suggest a slightly more gentle approach. Of course, I must remember that this is the Top I'm speaking to... ;)

Didn't we have some fun, though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said, 'goodbye.' And you were like, 'no, wait.' And then I was all, 'we pretended we were going to murder you.' That was great...
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

GuRuGuY wrote:The only anyone would get offended by what I say is becuase your conscience has been convicted. Perhaps you all should consider that... :-k
Humility\love speaks far louder than a prideful\contrite heart. Afterall, it was Christ who showed us the greatest act of humility and love. We must have conviction before conversion, but that doesn't mean we go all out and pick up the first stone. :)

(Hint: your poll question isn't exactly overflowing with a lack of humility :))
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

I was going to respond with something hinting at condescension, but it looks like all the bases have been covered. ;)

Nevertheless, I wouldn't take all these posts so seriously as they all appear to have the nice, tinned flavour of Spam.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

The Top Crusader wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
I know, I probably sound pretty preachy right now. But really, try to be a witness for Jesus. We're all people on here, okay? I know I wouldn't be too happy with someone saying to me some of the stuff you guys said to GuruGuy. You're acting like you utterly hate the guy. So just be careful, that's all I'm saying. Consider your words wisely. That's it.
By all means, I have faith in the members of the ToO, that if GuruGuy signed up and was here to be an active poster and get to know us all, etc, not a single person would attack him. However, so far all he has displayed is a propagandic agenda... not a single post he has made has been beyond that... and if that is what he is here for then he really isn't welcome. If he wants to prove otherwise, that's honestly a great thing and I personally will lay off him.
That's basically what I was (am) thinking. And of course I could be more courteous.. I can be rather blunt when I really have something to say.. :P
...I hate marquees.
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher
Location: Chillin. Probably sniffing your connection for passwords \:D/

Post by Azariah Ben Yaakov »

I will go ahead and agree with the majority of everyone here GuRuGuY. It isn't the subject that arouses peoples dislike of these things, it is the the way it is presented :). Most of the time, know-it-all scenes are generally looked down upon by most individuals.
Remember that Moses was the most humble person there was, Numbers 12:3 And obviously, because of this, (as well as many other things) he was very highly regarded.
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

I know I'm just another person who seems to be ganging up on you, but I'd like to throw this verse from the Bible. It's a good reminder for all of us.

Romans 12:3 - For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you.
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

GuruGuy, I don't understand what you are talking about. :-s

Anyways, welcome to the ToO. \:D/
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Welcome to theToO! \:D/ Also, btw a couple of your threads have been moved to CCDS. (Campbell College Debate Society) Seeing that you haven't joined, you can join it by going here. \:D/
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Samwise
Love to love

Post by Samwise »

Birdie wrote:I know I'm just another person who seems to be ganging up on you, but I'd like to throw this verse from the Bible. It's a good reminder for all of us.

Romans 12:3 - For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you.
That's right; listen to the 78 year old!
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

J-man wrote:
GuRuGuY wrote:
J-man wrote:WHAT DOES CAPS LOCK HAVE TO DO WITH IT?

Oh, wait.

Perhaps we're offended by your arrogance? Perhaps he fact that you seem to think that you preach absolute truth and cannot be wrong?
I can't be wrong because i speak the truth. everything i say is from the Bible so i can't be wrong.
You just proved my point. Thank you.
you are a FOOL j-man! and i guess you do not beliveive the Bible, cuz your wrong and guruguy is RIGHT! in your face! =;
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

snubs wrote:
J-man wrote:
GuRuGuY wrote:

Oh, wait.

Perhaps we're offended by your arrogance? Perhaps he fact that you seem to think that you preach absolute truth and cannot be wrong?
I can't be wrong because i speak the truth. everything i say is from the Bible so i can't be wrong.

you are a FOOL j-man! and i guess you do not beliveive the Bible, cuz your wrong and guruguy is RIGHT! in your face! =;
I wouldn't say GuRuGuy is right... and I think J-Man believes in the Bible. As do I, but I'm not saying GuRuGuy is right...
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

snubs wrote:
J-man wrote:
GuRuGuY wrote:

Oh, wait.

Of course I believe the Bible. Is Guruguy the Bible? I rather figured he was human. Humans aren't always right, it's a fact. As soon as someone claims to always be right, I am immediately skeptical. Who isn't skeptical of someone who claims that they are always right and therefore that I am wrong?
Last edited by J-man on Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...I hate marquees.
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher

I am always right :noway:
MajorSplendor
Sing in the sunshine

Post by MajorSplendor »

:[Axl]: wrote:I am always right :noway:
*snorts*

Originality is the art of concealing your sources.
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

*bows*
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

*laughs*
...I hate marquees.
Kat
slow thinking occurs
slow thinking occurs

Post by Kat »

*joins in responding to his quoted post as an action* \:D/

*smirks*
*returns*
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher

Bow in my presence as SivartM has or be assimilated :x.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

He's not an admin/Shadowpaw created story arc character I hope. :p
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

:[Axl]: wrote:Bow in my presence as SivartM has or be assimilated :x.
We are so scared.. :noway:
...I hate marquees.