A Jewelcase for Me

Or not

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Dave
Classic

A Jewelcase for Me

Post by Dave »

Back in April I purchased "A Date with Dad (and Other Calamaties)" from Amazon.com in the belief that I would receive the December-released re-design, in the traditional jewel case format. Unfortunately I instead acquired the over-sized, cardboard edition of this album. I was able, thankfully, to sell the product to someone at a similar price which I paid for it, and I plan to buy album 46 again. This time I want to make sure I get it in the new design. Any idea which online retailer (apart from FOTF) has it? CBD, maybe?
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

CBD has the version that you did not want pictured as did Family Christian Store. I am assuming that since that is the version pictured that is the version they have.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

Amazon has HUGE problems when ordering redesigns. Thing is, as soon as they get the redesigns in stock, that's what they change their picture to. However, they will send out all of their old stock first, without telling you.

You can simply return the item to them at their own expense, and say that the item you received is not was was advertised on their website. It's their fault for misleading you, so they'll take the blame for it. Just keep requesting one over and over again until you get the right one, and every time you get the wrong item leave feedback on the item's image (link is at the bottom of the page) and tell them that their picture is wrong.

I had to return Virtual Realities once because of this, and now The Search for Whit (they e-mailed me back saying that their entire stock is "defective" and that I can't order a new one), and it took me a whopping THREE MONTHS AND FOUR RETURNS before I got my jewelcase A Date with Dad.

Just keep hounding them until you get what they display on their product page.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

...or you could always order from Focus on the Family Canada and get the album for $17.50 and no hassles. \:D/
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Trent DeWhite wrote:...or you could always order from Focus on the Family Canada and get the album for $17.50 and no hassles. \:D/
Ya, but they tend to have the old versions too.
What the heck, I don't care what case it's in as long as it has the episodes I want, I just put them all on my ipod and then leave the cases in the drawer forever!
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Trent DeWhite wrote:...or you could always order from Focus on the Family Canada and get the album for $17.50 and no hassles. \:D/
One majpr hassle is FOTF Canada does not ship to the U.S. so unless Dave lives in Canada he's still stuck.
Last edited by Laurie on Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Bart Rathbone
Gold Member

Post by Bart Rathbone »

And if you can't find your jewel case, youse all can come down to the electric palace where we currently have a special on portable cd players that can play and carry your cds at the same time! Only twenty bucks each or buy two for fifty!!
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

Bart Rathbone wrote:And if you can't find your jewel case, youse all can come down to the electric palace where we currently have a special on portable cd players that can play and carry your cds at the same time! Only twenty bucks each or buy two for fifty!!
Wow! Amazing! Hm... one for 20 dollars, two for fifty... sounds like a great deal! I'll take two!
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

Boswell wrote:...it took me a whopping THREE MONTHS AND FOUR RETURNS before I got my jewelcase A Date with Dad.
Does that mean Amazon now have the jewelcase for 46 in stock? Or only that they have both versions in stock and there's a chance of getting either case? :anxious:
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Bart Rathbone wrote:And if you can't find your jewel case, youse all can come down to the electric palace where we currently have a special on portable cd players that can play and carry your cds at the same time! Only twenty bucks each or buy two for fifty!!
Nice! another NPC! But that picture is pretty outdated...
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
shasta
My posts are revolutionary

Post by shasta »

It appears that Focus is only switching out their images (on their online store) when the new versions are available.

The full list of repacks we know currently (thanks AIOfanpodcast!):
Out now-- Album 46: A Date with Dad
Out now-- Album 20: A Journey of Choices
Out now-- Album 32: Hidden Treasures
Out now-- Album 33: Virtual Realities
Out now-- Album 35: The Big Picture
June 08 release-- Album 27: The Search for Whit
July 08 release-- Album 17: On Earth as it is in Heaven
Aug. 08 release-- Album 19: Passport to Adventure

The links to each title above are the Focus order links. Even though the new covers have been released for other Albums (such as #33), Focus has not put up those new covers (the old covers still listed online).

This leads me to believe: if you order a Repack Cover Album from Focus, that is what you're going to get. Whoever tries it, make sure to tell how it goes!

peace,
-king shasta
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

Dave wrote:
Boswell wrote:...it took me a whopping THREE MONTHS AND FOUR RETURNS before I got my jewelcase A Date with Dad.
Does that mean Amazon now have the jewelcase for 46 in stock? Or only that they have both versions in stock and there's a chance of getting either case? :anxious:
Well, there's at least a chance, right? I got Vols 20 and 32 correct on the first try, but 33, 46 and 27 have all been busts. They haven't changed out the image for 35 yet, but they have for 39, so you can try for that one, too.

If you can withstand the mental anguish of always getting your hopes up when it arrives in the mail, you can always blame it on them and you're no worse for the wear.
Um, er, well...hadn't thought of that. That's $0.13 less per album, and you get free shipping if you order at least two of them at once... Too bad that they're behind on their repack stock and you can't pre-order items.
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules
Location: That white van right outside your house. Watching your every move. There's a camera behind you

Post by JD »

SivartM wrote:
Wow! Amazing! Hm... one for 20 dollars, two for fifty... sounds like a great deal! I'll take two!
I will take 2 too.
Save Eugene in the character competition!
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Jellyfish11 wrote:
Nice! another NPC! But that picture is pretty outdated...
Bart chose an older picture because he looks younger in it! :D