HALO anyone?

I'll admit it. I'm hooked. I'm an official Halo GEEK.

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.

Halo is:

OVERRATED
39%
Fun and entertaining
25%
Boring
18%
The most fun you're allowed to have with your clothes on!
18%

Total votes: 28

Me
An original

Post by Me »

It's not well known, but yes, Bill Gates has sort of announced it.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Me wrote:It's not well known, but yes, Bill Gates has sort of announced it.
I don't think it's ever been in doubt that they'd do a Halo 3. To do otherwise would result in pandemonium across the globe. :anxious:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Yeah, but you know Microsoft. "We do not comment on rumors or specualtion."
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

Yes, Halo 3 will be amazing. I am looking forward to experiencing it on the Xbox 360, opening day. :D

EugeneFans Cousin, I wanted to thank you for the mature way in which you took my remarks. I was afraid you might be offended by the directness in my defense of one of my favorite games. Thanks for understanding. I hope that one day you're able to appreciate Halo as much as I do.

BTW, IMO it really does have a great and captivating storyline. I'd strongly reccommend finding a friend with an Xbox that would let you play through it, either as a team or on your own. I have many very good memories of Halo. In 20 years I'll get all teary-eyed about it when discussing the good old days with friends.

Cool stuff.

And about Halo 3... This has been mentioned before, but it is being released the same day as the PS3. Take that, Sony! ;) :pysche:
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

Have any of you read the book Halo in which the game is based on?
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I think we have a copy of that book somewhere around here... but I haven't read it yet. :(
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

There is a book? By which author?
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

There are three!

You can purchase the boxed set here.

"First Strike" by Eric Nylund
"The Flood" by William C. Dietz
"The Fall of Reach" by Eric Nylund
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

The books help you understand alot!
Nick Riley
insert dash here

Post by Nick Riley »

quick opinion if you want a good fps then get Half-life 2 (you need a good enough computer to run it)
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Sure you need a good enough computer, but that game will run on just about anything.
Jeffro
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Jeffro »

I have tried playing halo once and couldn't even find my way out of the little airport-capsule thingy. (Possible because i didn't listen/read the directions.)
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

You shouldn't need directions for basic movements. Moving the joystick would do... #-o
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Yeah....I dont like inverted anyway so I put it on regular you know like where when you push the right joystick up you look up
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Eugene Kendall wrote:Yeah....I dont like inverted anyway so I put it on regular you know like where when you push the right joystick up you look up
I can't play a FPS unless the right joystick is inverted. :|
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
Eugene Kendall wrote:Yeah....I dont like inverted anyway so I put it on regular you know like where when you push the right joystick up you look up
I can't play a FPS unless the right joystick is inverted. :|
It used to be that way for me until I played the origional Splinter Cell on the XBOX, and look inversion wasn't an option. I had to get used to it, and now don't need inversion.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Nick Riley wrote:quick opinion if you want a good fps then get Half-life 2 (you need a good enough computer to run it)
...half life 2......it was to hyped up....just like fable......now if it wasnt so creepy and scary I would recommend Doom 3....I mean now THAT can get your PC smoking
Anyway....I need to get a new 2 month subscription somewhere.....yeah im that cheap
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

I almost bought Halo tonight...

(HL2 IS creepy)
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

We STILL don't have Halo 2! *goes crazy waiting for it*

About people thinking the story was lame, usually I like things that other people don't. like the Jackie Chan movie: The Medallion.

Other people said it was horrible. I didn't think it was awesome, but horrible? That right is reserved for movies like the Son of the Mask
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

Last Night I was playing Halo 2 on the Imax! It was for are S1 farewell so seven of us rented the Imax for two hours and played Halo and Halo 2 the entire time. It cost though $150 CDN. It was really fun as the each screen for the 4 people is massive. It's also really fun just to watch. You go to the bottom row and just look uo and you can't nearly see everthing. Then we went to one of the guys house and played Halo 2 to 6 AM.
I like this snubs fellow.
General nuisance extraordinaire.