643: Kidsboro, Part 1

Why not review this one??

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

Rate this episode:

5 stars: Diamonds
27%
4 stars: Gold
44%
3 stars: Silver
24%
2 stars: Bronze
5%
1 star: Rusty Gordon
No votes

Total votes: 41

shasta
My posts are revolutionary

643: Kidsboro, Part 1

Post by shasta »

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Your thoughts?
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

I was wondering when someone was going to review this....

At first, I was very skeptical of Kidsboro. I was like, "this is sooo lame" in the opening minutes. However, I couldn't bring myself to stop listening half way, so I continued listening. It got better when Whit came in the scene. I also liked Mr. Holstein's appearance (What a character!) Anyways, overall I liked it. I'm actually interested to see what happens next episode, so thats good. I gave it a 4 star rating.

It's OK to do Kidsboro as long as it doesn't interfere with the future of AIO!!!!!
I do what I do.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Fantastic episode. I enjoyed it as much as I do most Odyssey shows. :)
GlennAdams wrote:It's OK to do Kidsboro as long as it doesn't interfere with the future of AIO!!!!!
Read, people... read...
Last edited by Trent DeWhite on Thu May 29, 2008 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

Yeah, I already saw that. But won't having to write 2 scripts make it harder to write better story lines for AIO? That's what I meant. Thankfully, next August, there will be another season of AIO. Anyways... about Kidsboro...
I do what I do.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I LOVE Kidsboro. Episode One was fantastic. =D> 5 stars.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Fred Holstein is back!!! \:D/

Overall it was a better episode than I expected. I thought it was going to be very imature, little kiddy, aimed for (of all people) their target audiance. Afterall it is advertising a series of children's books. It was a lot different than that though, the beginning reminded me too much of Pipe Dreams, but it got better as it went on. I loved the line about voting to not vote on voting. I'm really excited to hear what's going to happen!
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Jennie
insert dash here

Post by Jennie »

It was super! I wouldn't of exspected anything like what happened! I'm just sad they're gonna take a vacation :noway:
crosskritters
Fourscore and seven

Post by crosskritters »

Better than expected, but not fantastic.
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Good, but not an episode I'd want to hear over and over.
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

I did not have high hopes for Kidsboro from the start. It turned out better than I thought it would.

I loved hearing from Fred Holstein again! I love that guy!

Jill's voice reminded me of Lucy, I liked that. \:D/

The start of the episode seemed a lot like Pipe Dreams to me. But oh well.

All in all, it was a pretty good episode.
amyinodyssey
Found

Post by amyinodyssey »

I thought that it was OK. It didn't really seem like Odyssey to me though. Even though Mr. Whittaker was there it was like a spinoff of Odyssey. I was a little nervous when I heard previews for it " A town run totally by kids" I was picturing mass mahem! I was like how could a town be run only by kids with no authortarian figures? So I felt a little bit better when I found it wasn't what I expected. I don't know if there are any 8-year olds out there who were expecting the total opposite of what I just said but I'm just glad that it came out the way it did.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

I really enjoyed it, it didn't seem too far from odyssey to me.
However, i think that this three-parter is only a sampler, to get you interested in the books, and then it drops from the radio.
Think of Passages, they aired an odyssey two-parter about it, and then as far as the AIO listiners were concerned it was gone, even though it continued with the books.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

amyinodyssey wrote:I thought that it was OK. It didn't really seem like Odyssey to me though. Even though Mr. Whittaker was there it was like a spinoff of Odyssey.
I think that was the whole point. O:)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

I really liked the Kidsboro part 1 ep. It was really intersting. I had kinda hoped it might have a couple of regular Odyssey kids (So much so that the guy Alice tackled for jaywalking is starting to sound like Trent!) but it was still really good, because it helped us see another dimention of Odyssey. It reminded us that there ARE other kids, even if their adventures don't involve the FBI or a crazy mailman wearing bunny slippers. It was a very good episode. 4/5 stars.
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

*listens*

Hmm... sounds kinda like Rodney...

Anyway, good episode! I liked it a lot! \:D/ I definatly want to read the book series.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Smaug the dragon wrote:*listens*

Hmm... sounds kinda like Rodney...
I don't think Alice would be crazy enough to tackle Rodney. Plus, everyone knows Rodney, so if it had been him she would have said "Rodney" instead of "that kid".
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

I laughed-out-loud while listening to this first part. It had some really humorous parts to it. Hearing from Fred Holsten and Keith Quinn was also a pleasant surprise. 3.5/5.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Good to hear Adam Wylie again! =D> I liked his as Mike in Last Chance Detectives and recognized him right away on Kidsboro.

Come to think of it, Adam's character in Kidsboro is "Ryan Cummings." The announcer for the Last Chance Detectives was "Brian Cummings" (who, incidentally, was The Chairman). :-
aiofan_19
Found

Post by aiofan_19 »

RYAN - Kidsboro…I had no idea how that one word would change my life. And so it went that two weeks and a day later, Mr. Whittaker took us out for a field trip in the woods behind Whit’s End.

I love this line!

Here's some more:

- This is too confusing. I vote, we don’t vote on a rule about voting.
- Okay, well, I think someone should maybe second that.
- Okay, second.
- Third.
- Wait a minute. I think we just voted not to vote on voting so…does it count?
PETE - Arrest me? What are you talking about? You think you’re Queen of the Jungle?
ALICE - You’re breaking the law.
PETE - We’re in the woods. Who made up these laws, the squirrels?
ALICE - I made them up.
PETE - Oh ya? Show them to me.
ALICE - Stay right here I’ll be back in a minute.
ALICE - Alright if I’m gonna be Chief of Police I’ve gotta have laws to enforce.
RYAN - You’re right. We need some laws.
ALICE - I’ve got the first one: “No parking bikes on the paths in Kidsboro.”
RYAN - I guess that makes sense.
ALICE - In fact, we shouldn’t have bikes at all. I’ll never catch the criminals if I’m on foot and they’re on bikes.
RYAN - Fair enough.
JILL - So should we vote on it?
NELSON - Now wait a minute, we can’t just make up laws because Alice doesn’t want to run after the bad guys.
ALICE - Why not?
NELSON - Because well…what gives us the right to make laws?
RYAN - We’re the government, it’s our job. We’re suppose to promote what is good and punish what is evil.
NELSON - Ya but who says bikes are evil?
RYAN - Back to Mr. Whittaker!

NELSON - So I hear Alice is getting a jail.
RYAN - Yep!
NELSON - She doesn’t really expect anyone to stay in there if they do something wrong does she? I mean, I hear the bars will be made out of thin tree branches anyone can get out.
RYAN - Well, if she’s guarding it…ya, they’ll stay in it!

I loved this episode! 5/5.
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

I didn't really like this episode because it was suppose to be like the books and it didn't even seem much like the books.

But it was a good episode as an episode.