New album cover artwork?

I was browsing Amazon today....

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
EugeneManiac
Just visiting

Post by EugeneManiac »

I'm so exited for them all. \:D/ and I'm gonna probably get them all eventually. Also what album repackaging are you looking forward to the most.
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

I just love how they make wonderful cartoon album art, and then when they make the remakes, they dash all of our imagined images of the characters by drawing characters that look nothing like what we imagine the characters to be.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

jasonjannajerryjohn wrote:I just love how they make wonderful cartoon album art, and then when they make the remakes, they dash all of our imagined images of the characters by drawing characters that look nothing like what we imagine the characters to be.
Yeah, I know and agree...
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:
jasonjannajerryjohn wrote:I just love how they make wonderful cartoon album art, and then when they make the remakes, they dash all of our imagined images of the characters by drawing characters that look nothing like what we imagine the characters to be.
Yeah, I know and agree...
Me too.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

I would have never pictures donna like that! They kinda ruin the pictures some times because they make almost everyone with blue eyes.

Also Normal looks a lot diferenly too. Plus George looks almost angry.

wasn't Donna sopost to be a tennager of about 15 or so in this album. The picture makes he well unteenageris
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I like the new artwork for 20 and 32. Not so much for 33 and 35. It's interesting that with the new 35 artwork they moved from the sinister Novacom picture to a much more light-hearted picture. That makes sense, though, since Novacom is in only 3 shows on the album as I recall. In text they let you know that's the album where it all begins. It'll be interesting to see what they do with 36 and 37 when they are redone.
Catspaw wrote:That isn't quite how I picture Mandy or how they've shown her before, but it isn't a bad cover.
But Crackers says she's blonde! :noway:
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

You would think that Mary's hair would be longer than Donna's since she's older. Right or wrong give me feedback please
Last edited by Bren on Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Chandler wrote:
Catspaw wrote:That isn't quite how I picture Mandy or how they've shown her before, but it isn't a bad cover.
But Crackers is a FISH! Wouldn't that mean he's colored blind? Or am I wrong? (again)
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:
Chandler wrote:
But Crackers is a FISH! Wouldn't that mean he's colored blind? Or am I wrong? (again)
I haven't studied fish eyes lately. X_X
EugeneManiac
Just visiting

Post by EugeneManiac »

album 27 the search for whit album art is up now.

http://aiofanpodcast.blogspot.com/
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

EugeneManiac wrote:album 27 the search for whit album art is up now.

lol, Indiana Jones.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules
Location: That white van right outside your house. Watching your every move. There's a camera behind you

Post by JD »

jasonjannajerryjohn wrote:
EugeneManiac wrote:album 27 the search for whit album art is up now.

lol, Indiana Jones.
That's what i thought when i saw it to, cool album art :dance:
Save Eugene in the character competition!
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

Pretty good, I like it.

We now have three pieces of new Jason art (two from here and one from Vol. 48). He's the only character that looks completely different than he used to, and I keep wondering why?
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Is the guy pictured on the back supposed to be Jason? I think that is the first time I have ever seen him in a suit.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules
Location: That white van right outside your house. Watching your every move. There's a camera behind you

Post by JD »

My guess is that is Jason.
Save Eugene in the character competition!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Jared deWhite wrote:My guess is that is Jason.
Interesting. I'm glad I don't have to buy the new albums right now. I really do not like the new artwork. Not that the current artwork is any better.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I like the Indiana Jones idea, but more consistency in the portrayal of Jason would definitely be nice!
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

I think that its cool that they are redoing the artwork.
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

So how 'bout that Vol. 17 On Earth as It Is in Heaven, eh? It took me ages to figure out why there was a squirrel on the cover that's eating all the Barclay's meager meal, until I remembered what the kids thought they might have to eat... ;)

And Tyndale finally gives us the repack artwork for Vol. 19 Passport to Adventure! Almost exactly how I pictured it in my mind's eye, except I was expecting Rodney to be parasailing instead of surfing. You can barely see it, but that shirt just screams "Bart on vacation."
Last edited by Boswell on Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That is a pretty good cover! Thanks for pointing out Bart's shirt - that does look like a perfect Bart shirt. :lol: