Season Tickets!

I am way too excited...

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Season Tickets!

Post by ajamj »

\:D/ My hubby and I are now the proud owners of Green Bay Packers season tickets!

The Packers website says
Packers.com wrote:The season ticket waiting list has more than 57,000 names. The Packers tell fans adding their names that the average wait is 30 years.
Yay! Jumped to the head of that line!
My father-in-law has decided to give up his tickets that he's had since the 1950's. And offered them to us. :D

Really, you have no idea how hard it is to get these. Hubby wanted to think it over, it being a big financial commitment, and he likes to be at home so he can watch all the games. I was chanting "Yes! Yes! Yes!" before he even told me the dollar amount! So, after much thought (on his part) we said "Yes" and wrote that check! I have been so excited! I have called almost everyone we know. :anxious: Anyone that asks "How are you?" gets the scoop! Even that poor kid at the gas station!

FYI: I think this is the first time I've used 3 smileys in one post!

Everyone should have a happy dance.
Homeward bound
Lucid and deductive
Location: Can't say where I am, but my head is in the clouds...

Post by Homeward bound »

Hey, that's awesome! \:D/ Yeah...I've heard how hard those are to get....
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

Wow, ajamj! Sounds like you found some awesome tickets! \:D/
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Congrats, ajamj! I love your enthusiasm! :D
Narnia55
Just visiting

Post by Narnia55 »

30 years? WOW. You must be extremely ecstatic to have the tickets, and not have to wait until 30 years from now. Congratulations on the acquisition!
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Nice! That's really awesome, ajamj! \:D/ Happiness and parties! :D
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

I would love to have them. They are hard to get and you were wise to buy them when you got the chance.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, that's very exciting, ajamj! \:D/ Enjoy those tickets! :D
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

I will!
The first regular season game is a Monday nighter against the Vikings. I actually might have given those to my mom and uncle, both Vikings fans, because with the traffic it's usually close to three hours after the game by the time we get home. My poor hubby gets up for work at 3 am. However, Favre's jersey number is being retired that night, so we're going. \:D/

Everyone should have a happy dance.
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules
Location: That white van right outside your house. Watching your every move. There's a camera behind you

Post by JD »

Cool that is great but bummer that Bret Farve is retired other wise that would be one of the coolest things ever But AWESOME
Save Eugene in the character competition!