tattoos

got ink?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

tattoos

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

Well, I have one tattoo, on my foot, and I was thinking about getting another one. Does anyone have any opinions? ideas? testimonies? suggestions?
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
Rio
Animatronic

Post by Rio »

no tattos here and there wont be a tatto.
Last edited by Rio on Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Oreo wrote:no tattos here and there wont be a tattos.
Same here. I think they are dumb.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

My new tattoo! \:D/
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

That's great, Top. Where is it?
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

Just gonna say, imagine a really wrinkly, stretched out picture on an old person. *SL*

Basically, I don't like tatoos, and I will never get one.
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher
Location: Chillin. Probably sniffing your connection for passwords \:D/

Post by Azariah Ben Yaakov »

I have a tattoo on my left arm. It is a "tav", the last letter of the hebrew alphabet. It actually looks like a pi symbol, exactly like one :p. I have pictures, but I need to find them. I ended up doing it myself.
hubcap
new and improved danny
new and improved danny

Post by hubcap »

Ryan wrote:I have a tattoo on my left arm. It is a "tav", the last letter of the hebrew alphabet. It actually looks like a pi symbol, exactly like one :p. I have pictures, but I need to find them. I ended up doing it myself.
I remember that... That was amusing.
Do you believe in the couch?
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

I probably wouldn't ever get one, but I don't mind them on others if they're done right.
DrummerChick
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by DrummerChick »

I want to get one. I am going to get one of a heart with wings or on fire. they both stand for different things. But as for getting another is theree anyone or anyting that has impacted your life? that is how i looked at it.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

You should get the AIO logo.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Ryan wrote:I have a tattoo on my left arm.
I find the irony here amusing ;)
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher

Jonathan wrote:
Ryan wrote:I have a tattoo on my left arm.
I find the irony here amusing ;)
*cough* It has been a while since I have visited CCDS :-".

Buuut, I have never been against tattoos :P. Don't tell Danadelfos :-$
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

*makes note not to tell him.* ;)

Lev 19:28 Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.
That's the reason I would never get one. :D
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

So you're saying that people that get tattoos are getting them for the dead? :-k
...I hate marquees.
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

J-man wrote:So you're saying that people that get tattoos are getting them for the dead? :-k
I'm saying God doesn't want us to put marks on ourselves. I would take the second part of the verse, specifically in this instance, where it says, "nor print any marks upon you." That's pretty clear. ;) And, the passage where it says.
1Co 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
The body's the temple of the Holy Ghost, and the Lord told us not to mark our bodies, it seems clear. :noway:

Anyways, if someone wants to debate this you can pm me, but I don't want this thread to fall into CCDS, and I don't even really have time for debating right now, as the people who hang out in CCDS have probably noticed. ;)

Edit: Anyone who is interested in this topic, there was a debate that is in CCDS on piercings/tattoos. That sort of turned into a debate on the law. *cough* Which is the way these things always have a tendency to go. O:)
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

oh, lol, I missed that part.. :noway:

Anyway, back to the topic. :noway:
...I hate marquees.
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

I thought I should address this, since I was the one who started this thread. I don't want to start a debate, since I'm not good at debating, but here's a little of the reasoning (from the Bible) that I used to get a tattoo.

I've heard one verse in Leviticus that condemns tattoo, set in the context of the Law among many other instructions that we as Christians do not follow. Why choose to obey this law?

The context of 1 Corinthians 6:19 is about sexual immorality. Paul tells us that we should not join our bodies (the temple of God) with a prostitute. He is not talking about marking our bodies. Which is a good thing, because if he was telling us that we cannot mark the temple of God we would have to stop remodeling churches, or painting them, or decorating them in any way.

However, I have read in Isaiah 49:16 "See I have engraved you on the palms of my hands." and in Revelation 19:16 "On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written: King of Kings and Lord of Lords." Sounds like God has a tattoo? The Scripture uses an anthropormorphism of God with writing on his body. Interesting...

My tattoo comes from Isaiah 44:5 "One will say, ‘I belong to the Lord’; another will call himself by the name of Jacob; still another will write on his hand, ‘The Lord's,’ and will take the name Israel."

So, on my foot is the original Hebrew word for "The Lord's" and is a reminder to me of who I belong to.

As far as my next tattoo, the reason I want another one is to have something to symbolize the covenant I am about to enter into. I've been learning about how people in some cultures make a permanent mark for their covenant. Jesus has permanent marks on his hands from his covenant with us.
Last edited by Mrs Jason Whittaker on Sat May 10, 2008 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-William Booth
Narnia55
Just visiting

Post by Narnia55 »

I get a fake one every now and then. Does that count? Haha. \:D/
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher

I love hebrew \:D/. Awesome tattoo! *Feels like he should say something non-debate related to keep the ball from dropping into CCDS*