Name a funny moment...

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Name a funny moment...

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

that was funny buy was not meant to be funny. For instince, I laughed in the episode "Living in the Grey" when Connie mentions that she is getting old because she is supposed to babysit Jimmy not comment on his goatee.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

I'm sure there have been many of those times, but the one I can remember now, is in "A Thanksgiving Carol". When the ghost says, "He couldn't afford it." Speaking of Tinny Tom. I guess it was the way the ghost said it. :anxious:
amyinodyssey
Found

Post by amyinodyssey »

There are so many funny moments in the annals of Odyssey. I can think of a couple. In the episode "Ice Fishing" when Tom is hauling Eugene's boxes out of the car and he says, "Good grief Eugene what have you got in these boxes?" and Tom eludes to Eugene bringing a TV set, underwear warmers and a hair dryer. I can't quite picture Eugene using a hair dryer but OK.

The other day I was making dinner for my mom and I and I baked some blueberry muffins. I was telling her about this one Odyssey episode (as I do almost every day) when Nathaniel and Mandy have a muffin business and Pete comes up to Nathaniel and says, "I think your sign has a stutter." M-M-Muffins. Mom found it pretty funny. That is from the episode "The Buck Starts Here"

Does anyone else have that problem where they are able to recall instances from Odyssey by something happening in your life?

And of course just now as I was reviewing my post another funny moment from "Two Friends and a Truck" when Connie says, "Wear your graveling vest! It will be perfect for the occasion".

And then just yesterday I was telling a couple people about Rodney P. Rathbone in "Broken Window" where Rodney says, "So if you don't not know then you do know. And if you know that the answer isn't no then you know that there's no way you can know I broke the window". I kind of understand that phrase but it put a friend of mine in a chuckle. I just love referring to Odyssey for funny moments because there are so many of them and it doesn't take much to make me laugh.
Last edited by amyinodyssey on Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

It always makes me laugh the way Connie says "No I don't want to talk about it" and then she goes on and talks about it! :lol:
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

I love how in the Chosen One part 1...

That Ed Washington was telling Connie about how he was going to leave his kids at home alone for a weekend while he and his wife go on vacation.
Then Connie replys, "I remember the first time my mom left me alone for a few days. I was fourteen, and I invited all these...never mind, I wasn't a Christian."

I thought that was hilarious! :hilarious:
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

:hilarious: Yeah, I laughed so hard the first time I heard that! I was going to say something else, but I can't remember what it was.. ](*,)
...I hate marquees.
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

In 'Best Laid Plans' It always makes me laugh when Connie sings "Row row row your boat!"
:rofl2:
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

I like the scene in which "Harlow Doyle, Private Eye" blindly accuses everyone in his investigation of "stealing" Jessie's faith. :anxious:
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

I like the tunnel scene in Accidental Dilemma 2 when Jason dramatically proclaims "In the worng hands, this program is powerful enough to--dare I say it?--let you rule the world. I'm trying not to let that happen. And the collateral damage of my father and friends is worth it. They understand." Huddleston: "Do they?" and Whit, Connie, and Grady all mumble: "No, no I don't understand it."

I find that part funny--he's being dramatic and they don't back him up.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

thelordismyshepherd wrote:It always makes me laugh the way Connie says "No I don't want to talk about it" and then she goes on and talks about it! :lol:
Like Barney Fife!
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

jasonjannajerryjohn wrote:
thelordismyshepherd wrote:It always makes me laugh the way Connie says "No I don't want to talk about it" and then she goes on and talks about it! :lol:
Like Barney Fife!
YEAH!

Yay for the Andy Griffith show! :D
DaveyHolcomb
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by DaveyHolcomb »

I've always liked some of Bryan Dern's lines from "Top This".

Highlights:

"I want to play songs not named after cities in Wisconsin"

"And my deepest apologies to Johan Shmingii's neighbors"
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

DaveyHolcomb wrote:I've always liked some of Bryan Dern's lines from "Top This".

Highlights:

"I want to play songs not named after cities in Wisconsin"

"And my deepest apologies to Johan Shmingii's neighbors"
Cryin' Bryan Dern does have a lot of great lines! I totally agree that the Johan Schmingi (or however it should be spelled) line is great - my family and I quote that one randomly sometimes!
Honeygirl911
Not as new

Post by Honeygirl911 »

One is form an episode that I can't remember the name of but it's when Eugene and Bernard are on that road trip and they play twenty questions and Bernard syas that he is thinking of a thing and Eugene asks is it conr? and then Bernard syas he doesn't want to play anymore. That was so funny I mean it was so obvious they were in a cornfield.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

-When George Barclay reacts to his wife Mary using the word "crush" to discuss Donna and the ski instructor
-When Katrina walks in on Connie showing Eugene types of hugs
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

"My name is Digger. Digger Digwilow."

"Digger Digger Digwilow? That's a long name."
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

The scene in a Test for Robyn when Melanie has mashed potato's in her mouth and Dale keeps asking her what shei is saying! Heehee! I crack up at that scene every time I listen to it. It never gets old.
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules
Location: That white van right outside your house. Watching your every move. There's a camera behind you

Post by JD »

when Roney and Mitch are in court talking back and forth it is great.
Save Eugene in the character competition!
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

All those funny moments in Sunset Bowlawater... um... one of the split episodes. I always thought that one HILARIOUS. Harlow and Mandy... and then the fish (Um... I forgot the name. I have yet to get to my 34 album. I'm only on...28? Yeah, started at one, and have many to go.)

Many, many funny moments. I agree with the Rodney and Mitch thing.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Jared deWhite wrote:when Roney and Mitch are in court talking back and forth it is great.
Especily when you know that they're both vioced by Steve Burn!
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait