What books are you reading?

In the same vein as movie/music threads...

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

Hope wrote:we finished lord of the flies and now we are reading... Catcher in the Rye.
OOhh...Lord of the Flies is evil!!!
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

I am rereading the windsinger the first in a trilogy by WILLIAM nicholson.
THE BEST BOOK UNDER THE Bible
Hope
You like me! You really like me!
You like me! You really like me!

Post by Hope »

ILoveRichardMaxwell wrote:
Hope wrote:we finished lord of the flies and now we are reading... Catcher in the Rye.
i didnt even read the whole book because we watched the movie and it went right along with the book... catcher in the rye isnt that much better... we are supposed to be done with it by monday and be on like chapter 21 and i am only on chapter 6 :D
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Hope wrote:
i didnt even read the whole book because we watched the movie and it went right along with the book... catcher in the rye isnt that much better... we are supposed to be done with it by monday and be on like chapter 21 and i am only on chapter 6 :D
The book is actually okay, but the Lord of the Flies movie takes the themes of the book and distorts them...

The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas! \:D/

-Marshall
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Prince Caspian
ÇİΛ
ÇİΛ

Post by Prince Caspian »

/\ Good book.
Anyway, I am reading no book right now! \:D/
In the darkness, Ryan and Angel brighten up the ToO with Duck Juice flavored Linux as the mandatory os.
Vote for Ryan and Angel '08!
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

Adam ( \:D/ ) by Ted Dekker.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Eulalia! by Brian Jacques. My library finally got it. \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:
Hope wrote:
The book is actually okay, but the Lord of the Flies movie takes the themes of the book and distorts them...
I'll second that. I mean, sure, the movie is ok, but I liked the book a whole lot better.

I'm still reading a lot of textbooks -_-; A month and a half til school is done ^_^

I'm also currently reading a story by a friend of mine (a six part mini-series type thing, I'm currently on part six). And once that is done I will start proof-reading said friend's first novel.
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Laroux (I had to look up that one.)
Men's Secret Wars by Patrick A. Means.

I love The Phantom! It's a very good book. Men's Secret Wars is blagh and stupid. It's all emotional healing and much mumbo jumbo. Not appreciated by this reader. (Hey, it was $.99 and promised a good insight to emotional healing viewpoints.)
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Jonathan wrote:
COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:
Hope wrote:
I'll second that. I mean, sure, the movie is ok, but I liked the book a whole lot better.

I'm still reading a lot of textbooks -_-; A month and a half til school is done ^_^

I'm also currently reading a story by a friend of mine (a six part mini-series type thing, I'm currently on part six). And once that is done I will start proof-reading said friend's first novel.
I've never seen the movie, but I wouldn't call the book evil. A tad scary maybe.. :anxious: Reminds me of Animal Farm/1984 :p

I'm reading The Grapes of Wrath, by John Steinbeck. Just started it today.. :-
...I hate marquees.
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

I finished Sushi for One? Now I'm reading Redemtion--a series by Karen Kingsbury and Gary Smalley
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I am reading:

"I Would Die For You" by Brent and Deanna Higgins. Yes, I'm still reading this one, and I can't ever put it down. It has gained a new title: My Permenant Fixture. Literally, I take it EVERYWHERE with me! I'm nuts, seriously.

"Six Months To Live" by Laurlene McDaniel, in the Dawn Rochelle Series (the very first book). I'm getting good info, but I'm peeked in the book so much, I just rather skip the whole first book, maybe it all. I felt like reading though.

"Please Don't Die" by Laurlene McDaniel, in the One Last Wish Series. It's okay, but I would go for the other books in her One Last Wish Series.

"Circle of Honor" by Carol Umberger, a scottish tale, which is so good!

"Black" by Ted Dekker, the first book in the Circle series, and I LOVE THIS BOOK! Ah! Can't wait to get the rest of the series, and his other books. What have I been missing?

I just finished "Someone Dies, Someone Lives" by Laurlene McDaniel today, and that was a very good book. I got it on Friday and just kept reading through the weekend. I have other books to read, though, as you can see.

That would be it... my money's worth for the day...
Renata
I'm memorable
Post by Renata »

Last edited by Renata on Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
Psalm 37:4-5
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished A Passion Most Pure by Julie Lessman yesterday, a shame it took me so long to read it. It was very good. I have started A Lady of Hidden Intent by Tracie Peterson, it is the second book in her Ladies of Liberty series. Very good so far.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
EvangelineWalker
I'm a teapot

Post by EvangelineWalker »

I'm reading Skin by Ted Dekker. I can't put it down. Which is bad, because I happen to have other things to do...
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

I just finished Dan Brown's "Digital Fortress" which I picked up at the airport. Currently, I'm halfway through "The Bourne Legacy" which, in all honesty, doesn't hold a candle to the original Ludlum series.
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Post by Movieman »

To Kill A Mockingbird.

Yay, I'm finally a published author! Check out my website.
http://www.joshuagrantbooks.com
Abigail
Crazy lil blondie
Crazy lil blondie

Post by Abigail »

I just finished "A Gown of Spanish Lace" by Janett Oke yesterday. You guys ought to read it, its really good.
^She is back!! In all her glory!^ For real this time! ;)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That's my all-time favourite Janette Oke book, Abigail! \:D/

I'm currently reading "A Pagan's Worst Nightmare" by Ray Blackston. It's fiction, and quite amusing so far!