634: Accidental Dilemma, Part 1

Reviews!

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

How many stars?

5 Stars: Scary villains ftw!
71%
4 Stars: Gradyyyyyyyy!!
19%
3 Stars: Rusty is at it again?!? >_>
5%
2 Stars: I'm tired of Applesauce!
5%
1 Star: Could it get any worse?
No votes

Total votes: 42

J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

634: Accidental Dilemma, Part 1

Post by J-man »

Review the newest episode of AIO! I will be posting my review very soon. \:D/
...I hate marquees.
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

I though it was hilarious, with the whole villain guy and all. :D And of course it was good to hear Jason again. It was funny and at the same time a little more so on the adventure side. I give it five stars! \:D/
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Greatest episode of the season! I LOVED it! "The Whisperer" and Jason, and Tasha! Golly Gee Whilikers!! That was so well put together. And then an appearence from Carson and Grady! The second part is bound to be good!

One thing that caught my eye: APPLESAUCE? Are they crazy? Did they LOSE their minds somewhere along the way? But then, guess who wrote the episode. You got it, Paul Mckusker. Surprise you in the least? Yeah, not me at least.
The applesauce thing caught me off guard at first. It's been used in every arc, every saga, and last I heard, it was destroyed at the end of "The Battle" (if I remember right). How does it keep showing up? Is there some mystery to this program? Have we not figured it out yet?

Tasha's voice bothered me. It wasn't...her. Yeah, okay, TASHA'S back, but with that voice? um.... redo?

I liked the scene at Trickle lake. It gave me ideas... for stories that is. I can only wonder if Jason will ever be back in Odyssey after this, by the sounds of it.
The boat part was weird... a miniature boat shooting needles or something of that sort? Yeah, technology has gone real far these days. Oh, wait, it actually has (but miniature boats?)

So far, this was the best episode this season. I can't wait for the second part. If I could, I'd be listening to even this episode more than once, but my internet won't let me. But, I still remember most of it.

I rate it a....5!!!!!!!!! Come on Part 2!
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

I didn't even notice Tasha was a different voice! :anxious:

I liked the episode. It's great to hear from people we haven't heard from in awhile. I am so excited about this season! The style is just like the Odyssey I used to love! \:D/
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

As I started this episode, I was like: "Ok, this sounds like the rest of the season (Which I haven't really been enjoying)". Boy was I wrong. By the end of the episode I was ready to give it 5 stars!

They should just get it over with and have Rusty come back to Odyssey. Seriously, he gets mentioned all the time. >_> That's partly why I thought it was going to be another episode that I wouldn't like.

I loved this episode. Jason has always rocked, and we haven't really heard from him in a while. I found it rather funny that everyone didn't know he was a NSA analyst though. :-k I guess he was pretty secretive about it. Tasha was good. It didn't sound exactly like her, but it was very good. Didn't bother me at all.

On to Grady. It's so cool to have his dad back. I like the McKay family now. not that I didn't before, but it feels so much more like a complete real life family since he came back. It's interesting seeing Grady getting to know his dad now. The part where Carson was trying to put the worm on the hook makes me want to wince every time I hear it (I've heard it 3-4 times now. :- ).

The Whisperer was so awesome. His evil laugh that didn't work too well. The way Jason teased him. xD.

Guess what, I gave this episode 5 stars. \:D/
...I hate marquees.
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

J-man wrote:As I started this episode, I was like: "Ok, this sounds like the rest of the season (Which I haven't really been enjoying)". Boy was I wrong. By the end of the episode I was ready to give it 5 stars!

They should just get it over with and have Rusty come back to Odyssey. Seriously, he gets mentioned all the time. >_> That's partly why I thought it was going to be another episode that I wouldn't like.

I loved this episode. Jason has always rocked, and we haven't really heard from him in a while. I found it rather funny that everyone didn't know he was a NSA analyst though. :-k I guess he was pretty secretive about it. Tasha was good. It didn't sound exactly like her, but it was very good. Didn't bother me at all.

On to Grady. It's so cool to have his dad back. I like the McKay family now. not that I didn't before, but it feels so much more like a complete real life family since he came back. It's interesting seeing Grady getting to know his dad now. The part where Carson was trying to put the worm on the hook makes me want to wince every time I hear it (I've heard it 3-4 times now. :- ).

The Whisperer was so awesome. His evil laugh that didn't work too well. The way Jason teased him. xD.

Guess what, I gave this episode 5 stars. \:D/
Yeah, I pretty much agree with that. \:D/

When I started it, I was like, "Oh, no, here we go again, another not-so-great episode," but by the end I gave it 5 stars. \:D/
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
Arla
Popsicle kid

Post by Arla »

Okay, I kow I said a while back that I was getting tired of all the intrigue and suspense episodes. But Jason, evil vilian, kidnaping?! sign me up! This was a great episode!
Just smell those burning leaves, the warm baked bread, and the hot apple cider. Ahhh.
rickyderocher
My posts are revolutionary

Post by rickyderocher »

"It is long gone like the Commdore 64 computer..."

A thing that is neat, because I am a huge Commdore 64 fan. I am still making games for the Commdore 64.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Oh, I totally forgot, I was going to say something about that. Our first computer was a commodore of some kind. I think we still have the monitor. \:D/
...I hate marquees.
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

I guess he was pretty secretive about it

He has been.

Connie: What did you mean Blackgaard's dead ?
jason: Um, well, I meant he was .dead in the election. He has no chance
Connie: yea rrrright. (sure he means something else)

Eugene: Can you tell me where you got that ?
Jason: nope
Candy Connell
Zero Wing.
Zero Wing.

Post by Candy Connell »

I thought it was a great episode!! I love the episodes with all the spy/NSA stuff in them :D
Oh, and I also loved the Whisperer's laugh :D
Nasri
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Nasri »

"And I will take over the world ha ha ha hahahaha cough cough cough"

Check out my newspaper To0 Star
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

There was one thing I was wondering about APLLesauce didnt Whit invent it?
Who did this new tashas voice?
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

I believe Mandy Steckelberg provided the voice for Tasha. :)

While there were a couple things I disliked about this episode, I overall thoroughly enjoyed this episode. Jason was his old self, staying light-hearted and cracking jokes even when held hostage. I also enjoyed the integration of Grady and Carson into the episode. As for my dislikes, I was a little disappointed they couldn't bring back the original actress for Tasha, but I didn't mind the new actress much. Also, I thought the Whisperer's voice was a bit cheesy and rather silly-sounding. However, these factors didn't detract from my overall enjoyment of this episode. I give it 4.5 stars. =D>
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

H Tide wrote:I believe Mandy Steckelberg provided the voice for Tasha. :)

>
Has she done anything previously in Odyssey?
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Not according to the Soda Fountain, no. :-k
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

JJJJ wrote:This episode was amazing! I love all of the spy stuff that Jason does.

good: The spy stuff is great. The little alussion to the Bible was great with the secret password. My absolute favorite part: TASHA IS BACK!!!! It is amazing! Yay Tasha! Anyway, if you haven't noticed, I love Tasha. I like how they incorporated Grady and his dad. I look forward to hearing Grady and Jason together.

bad: You know what, there wasn't really anything bad about this episode that I can think of. You now how much I like to find bad things about episodes.

Anyway, I give this episode 5 remotely controled airplanes out of 5.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

jasonjannajerryjohn wrote:
JJJJ wrote:This episode was amazing! I love all of the spy stuff that Jason does.

good: The spy stuff is great. The little alussion to the Bible was great with the secret password. My absolute favorite part: TASHA IS BACK!!!! It is amazing! Yay Tasha! Anyway, if you haven't noticed, I love Tasha. I like how they incorporated Grady and his dad. I look forward to hearing Grady and Jason together.

bad: You know what, there wasn't really anything bad about this episode that I can think of. You now how much I like to find bad things about episodes.

Anyway, I give this episode 5 remotely controled airplanes out of 5.
What? You didn't believe that sooner or later someone would remember to do that for you? O:)
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

Yeah, I guess I just never realized that Connie and Eugene never found out about Jason (since we've all known for quite some time). That explains the quote from No Way Out.
Connie: Where did you learn that?!

Jason: Uhh...Boyscouts.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Eugene found out about Jason's position with the NSA in The Top Floor I.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!