632: Suspicious Finds

Review it now!

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

How would you rate this episode?

5 stars:The new Bart rocks!@@
11%
4 stars:Noooo, not Whit's End!!
49%
3 stars:Semi-awesomeness
30%
2 stars:Enough with the inspectors!
3%
1 star:Where can I hide!!?!
8%

Total votes: 37

J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

632: Suspicious Finds

Post by J-man »

Post reviews for the latest episode! I'll post my review in a little while, but we need a thread for it right now. \:D/
...I hate marquees.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I thought this episode was very good. Since I have only heard one brief clip and one full episode with the new Bart I am going to withhold my opinion on him until I have heard more from the new actor. I really liked the lesson of this episode, what Whit and Chris said is very true and yet very difficult to do. 4/5
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

I was mystified that the episode should start with an introduction from Tom, especially one voiced by Walker Edmiston. I mean, Tom wouldn't ever be in an episode again, right? And those intros are always by a character who appears in that show.

I couldn't believe my ears when Tom Riley was greeted ten minutes into the show. He had only a small part, but it made my day. I had to listen to it over and over again to convince myself that it wasn't unaired lines from Walker. (It wasn't, was it?) I never thought they would keep Tom in the show after last year, but if they can pull it off like that, they need to!

Now, how will the condemnation of Whit's End affect Odyssey's running in the Best Small Town competition? It's always at the center of everything, and its closure can't be good: it would have meant major points from the judges.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Honestly, it felt like the writing was a bunch of old episodes all mixed together. Not that that's a bad thing, but a few parts were rather annoying, namely the part where Connie trys to get the kids to be good. That was ok in the first episode they did like that, but I thought Connie learned her lesson.. :noway:

Bart was.. Well.. I dunno, ok I guess. Obviously not Walker, but I doubt anyone can do Bart quite like him. The overall storyline was rather cliche.. Oh well, it wasn't that bad. It just didn't quite have the feeling of a new episode.

What I'd like to know is: How did they do Tom? It sounded so good, I couldn't figure out if they pieced it together, or got a new actor, or what? My whole family thought that it was a new actor, which was what I was suspecting at first, because it didn't quite sound like Tom. Then again, it could be like that because they pieced it together. Does anyone know what they did here? :mad:
...I hate marquees.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Okay, Didn't like Bart's voice, I thought having Tom there scared me half to death, and it sounded like another old episode. But I can't exactly remember which one... It just sounded like one I'd heard before, not a new one.

It was okay, but I thought that the sudden end and telling of Whit's End being closed, it was just... a 3 for me. Though, I got the decay part faster than the actors could voice it. I figured it was the tunnel, and I remembered what had happened.... a long time ago... yeah, the flashback of anything doing with DBD.

Yeah, I give it a 3. A little weird to me.
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

I thought this episode was pretty good. And as for Bart, although he doesn't sound anything like Walker, he still had those funny lines that I always enjoy! \:D/ I not quite sure what to think about Whit's End closing though. I am also puzzled about Tom. At times he sounded the same, then other times he sound different. :-k
Last edited by V-lady on Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

1. I believe those were new lines from Walke recorded before he passed away.

2. This show appears to have yet another outside reference - but this time to a book/old movie if my guess is correct. Listen to the unofficial podcast to fund out what. ;)
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

I'm also puzzled by Tom's lines. If they recorded the episode before Walker died, then he could have played Bart, too (unless the lines were originally for some other episode?). And at least some of the lines certainly aren't from previous episodes. Perhaps they were able to get some lines of Walker's from some other source (besides AIO), and some of the lines came from AIO? Some of the lines did sound like Walker, but some sounded a little off (again, perhaps some of those were from a different source, where his voice sounded close to Tom's).

Or maybe it was a new actor (or a new actor for some of the lines?)?! That would be impossible to sound that close, though, I would think.

Jeremy
Nasri
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Nasri »

I gave it four stars ,and I don't like the new Bart at all it so fake a point But I'm get use to it.Keep it up AIO

Check out my newspaper To0 Star
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

I would give this episode a 2, but I'm going to give it a 1 instead because of Bart's voice. The episode was lackluster, Bart's scenes would have been the best ones, except for the terrible voice. I'm not going to be diplomatic in my reviews, I am brutal.

I give this episode 1 health inspecter (long pause) out of 5.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
Tractor107
Tallying up

Post by Tractor107 »

They can't tear down Whits End!!!! The shop is the total point of Odyssey. I don't think the new Bart is the best replacement. His character, along with his voice, has changed and does not sound the same. Other than that I think that this episode was a good one.
1 Timothy 4:12 "Do not let anyone look down onn you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in life, in speech, in love, in purity, and in faith."
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I absolutenly hate Bart's new voice! I can't bear to listen to it!!! :mad:
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Katrina
friends forever
friends forever

Post by Katrina »

I liked it but I thaught the new Bart's voice was anoying. #-o It didn't sound like Bart. The accint sounded like Bart though just not the voice. But other then Barts voice I liked it. I liked It when we heard Tom. Hey Suspicious Finds the tittle sounds like Suspicious Minds exept its switched form a F to a M =D> Great job on the show Focus On the Family! :)
Katrina
I am an MK and Missionary kids rock!
just a girl!
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

I noticed that it was the new Bart everytime he appeared, but I think that over time it won't stand out as much.

After all this time, now an inspector condemns Whit's End?

I will listen to it again in a few weeks. I feel my opinion is being colored by the prospect of the AiO break.

Everyone should have a happy dance.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Barts new voice was awefull! I couldn't stand it! Tom's was great though, it almost sounded like they pieced together old lines, the "Eugene, Eugene" line really made me think that because I think he said that in "Ice Fishing". But that couldn't be because I can't think of a time that he would have said anything about gutters.

The episode was almost identicle to "Best Face Forward", where the author comes to Odyssey. The ending was crazy! I don't know if I can make it untill next week. You don't use a word like like "condemned" unless it's very serious, unfixable structural damage. The next episode's name, "A liscence to Deprive" makes me think that some one (perhaps Phillip Glossman) is going to get some sort of liscence from the county to do something with Whit's End. It just makes me wonder if we could have AIO with no Whit's End. We did it with no Whit for a while, could we do it with no Whit's End. I'm very excited! "The best is yet to come!"
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

Update on my review:

Dislikes: I did generaly disliked this episode. It lacked the greatness of previous episodes. Sure the whole trying to prepare and make things perfect was hilarious, but we already heard it, and hearing it again wasn't so great. You would think Connie would learn her lesson, but no. Closing down Whit's End was terrible. What are they going to do with Whit's End, because Whit's End is the focal point of the series. My biggest dislike in this episode was Bart's voice. So many people are addressing this topic and I am adding my say into it. Bart did act very Bart like, however, his lack of good voice was a cause for concern. The AIO Producers should try to adition people to sound like Walker, as they did in finding Paul Herlinger (can't spell his name) who sounds like Hal Smith.

Likes: I really liked Bart's performance. As I said before, the performance was excellent, the voice was terrible. I really, really, really liked Edwin Blackaard. He was this episode's saving grace.

So after my rants on this episode, I give "Suspicious Finds" 1 three stoges hateing theater owner out of 5.

Note: On my review scale, 1 is lowest, 5 is highest.
Last edited by jasonjannajerryjohn on Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

I think you meant Paul Herlinger. ;) Paul McCusker voices Phillip Glossman. :)
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I liked the episode other than Bart's voice. The accent was too fake sounding. But other than that, I really enjoyed it! Edwin was hilarious choking over the three stooges! :lol:

Can't wait to see what happens with the Whit's End storyline...that should be interesting.

Tom's voice was GREAT if that wasn't Walker! If it was, surely he would have been in the credits, right? :-k
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

jasonjannajerryjohn wrote:Closing down Whit's End was terrible. What are they going to do with Whit's End, because Whit's End is the focal point of the series.
Don't you think that this will be dealt with in next week's episodes?

To see this as a done-deal, I think, is unrealistic.
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

Laura Ingalls wrote:If it was, surely he would have been in the credits, right? :-k
That's exactly what made me think it could have been a new actor, unless they can't say a deceased actor's name in the credits for some reason. Not even an "In memory of Walker Edmiston?"