Welcome Back Jack/Alan

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
zmster
Just visiting

Welcome Back Jack/Alan

Post by zmster »

Welcome back to Jack Allen/Alan Young. I've missed him (them?) on AIO for too long. I've always felt he more aptly replaced Whit/Hal than Paul did. Nothing against Paul at all because I do like the fact that Whit came back and I think he's a fine voice actor but Allan and the character of Jack just has the gentleness and warmth that I felt Hal brought in earlier AIO.

zmster
shasta
My posts are revolutionary

Post by shasta »

Your post gives me another opportunity to spread the message that JACK ALLEN is the best character on Odyssey, and deserves more episodes!

Why?
- Alan Young is probably the highest-caliber actor on the show (perhaps Jess Harnell or Corey Burton is better)
- He is that grandfatherly figure so key to Odyssey (no offense to Paul Herlinger)
- He's a nice guy/good guy, so probably harder to write for. But even these role-model characters have their flaws... Jack's haven't been explored nearly enough

peace,
-king shasta
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Yeah, I've always liked what Jack adds to AIO. He does remind me of Hal as Whit, although Paul is very good at doing Whit. I think Jack should be in more shows. \:D/
...I hate marquees.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

J-man wrote:Yeah, I've always liked what Jack adds to AIO. He does remind me of Hal as Whit, although Paul is very good at doing Whit. I think Jack should be in more shows. \:D/
I agree. :D
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

I've been listening to Jack's first albums like 22-24 lately and I really do enjoy him as a character. He's got such knowledge and love and I do agree that he should be placed in more episodes if possible.
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

Funny, I could never like (old) Jack. He just grates on my nerves.
*fully expects to have tomatoes thrown at her*

But Alan Young is very cool! Donovan (that's his name, the head of the NSA, right?) is pretty neat. ^_^
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
zmster
Just visiting

Post by zmster »

Na, being you're a hobbit...we'll gently toss apples hoping you catch them for your 2nd breakfast. :)

Estel wrote:Funny, I could never like (old) Jack. He just grates on my nerves.
*fully expects to have tomatoes thrown at her*

But Alan Young is very cool! Donovan (that's his name, the head of the NSA, right?) is pretty neat. ^_^
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

shasta wrote:- Alan Young is probably the highest-caliber actor on the show
AIO has a lot of good ones but I agree—Alan Young is a very high caliber actor and nice guy. I'm glad he's on the show. :)