Girls Thread

Guys-do not enter...Mwahahaha

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Crazy 4 Pugs
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Crazy 4 Pugs »

I have pierced ears, but I don't always wear earrings. I generally don't like wearing dresses or skirts, unless it's a really formal occasion.
Um, I guess this is where I'm supposed to say something funny or interesting.
actinglove299
Sing in the sunshine

Post by actinglove299 »

Iron and Light, I shall have to make some of those changes in my diet! My ears are also very sensitive... they get red and blow up into little balls with most earrings, so I stopped wearing them. I love to wear dresses... not fancy, just casual ones. I have a hard time finding ones that I like that aren't to short, so I wear pants under the short ones.
Rio
Animatronic

Post by Rio »

i had a double piercing but I let the second one close up becuz it wasnt worth one or the other piercing always swelling up everytime I wear two at a time........... and I always wear skirts or dresses but I will be taking self defence soon so I will be wearing pants then. (it would be really embarrassing to learn self defence in a skirt!)
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Iron and Light wrote:Oh, I'd be happy to tell :D!

Ok- I got off of all dyes, chemicals, and synthetic stuff. Another words, if God didn't make it, I didn't (and still don't) eat it. I also limited my animal proteins (dairy, meat). Not only did this diet change help my ears, but it also cleared me of my asthma, and boosted my immune system to where I don't get sick but once a year- if that. OH, and I also incorporated a green drink every morning to boost my PH and make me alkaline. The alkalinity of your body keeps you healthy :).
That is really interesting! I don't think it would work for me though. I was a vegetarian for seven years as a teen, drank gallons of water, and I still had problems with my ears then. But I did have really clear skin! Good for you for eating so well!!
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

Do you gals like to sing at all?
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

I like to sing, mostly just praise songs. I'm not too good at it though. :anxious:
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

I mainly like singing for fun, not having to practice or anything. :)
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I'm in choir, and I sing just for fun, knowing I sound horrible. I couldn't sing a right note if I tried. And choir doesn't actually help me.
Kat
slow thinking occurs
slow thinking occurs

Post by Kat »

I have my ears pierced! Twice per ear, in fact! \:D/ Although... :-k I rarely have earrings in. :D

I only like wearing holiday dresses, like a pageant type dress, only less sparkley. \:D/

I also sing, quite a lot! I love to sing, and I'm singing in my school talent show on the 12th! :)
*returns*
hubcap
new and improved danny
new and improved danny

Post by hubcap »

Iron and Light wrote:Ok- I got off of all dyes, chemicals, and synthetic stuff. Another words, if God didn't make it, I didn't (and still don't) eat it. I also limited my animal proteins (dairy, meat). Not only did this diet change help my ears, but it also cleared me of my asthma, and boosted my immune system to where I don't get sick but once a year- if that. OH, and I also incorporated a green drink every morning to boost my PH and make me alkaline. The alkalinity of your body keeps you healthy :).
Pfft, I have always eaten like that and I have really bad asthma and allergies. And I still have metal allergies. Doesn't always work like that, kiddo.
Do you believe in the couch?
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

Iron and Light wrote:Ok- I got off of all dyes, chemicals, and synthetic stuff. Another words, if God didn't make it, I didn't (and still don't) eat it. I also limited my animal proteins (dairy, meat). Not only did this diet change help my ears, but it also cleared me of my asthma, and boosted my immune system to where I don't get sick but once a year- if that. OH, and I also incorporated a green drink every morning to boost my PH and make me alkaline. The alkalinity of your body keeps you healthy :).
How great that that worked for you!

I used to be able to wear anything, but around age 25 I started to develop a plethora of allergies. I can only wear silver or gold without a problem now. I bought a sensitive ear gel that when used makes it possible to wear a cheaper pair for a few hours. Usually, that's too much fuss for me.
I have two holes in each lobe, one of each has a tiny, white gold hoop in at all times, as does my upper right cartilage.

I love skirts and dresses, but it's too cold to wear them year round.

I also love to sing. I just don't do it very well.

Everyone should have a happy dance.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

ILoveRichardMaxwell wrote:Do you gals like to sing at all?
I enjoy singing...but I'm not that good, so I don't like to sing in front of people that much. :anxious: I tend to go off-key very easily.

But I still like it. My sister likes to sing harmony, and Watson sometimes sings the bass part, while I sing melody. We sing together for our family Christmas program, for special music at church over the years, and we also sang at my granny's husband's funeral last year. :)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

This has gotta be the longest convo about dresses, earrings and a little bit of singing that i've ever heard...or read...
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

*enters the thread* *make a quick departure* :bolt:
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Some girls just don't appreciate the wonderfulness of talking about girl things. :noway:

What are ya'lls favorite places to shop?
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I went shopping on Friday and had a lovely time! \:D/ I buy a lot of clothes at Retiman's - they have clothes that normal people wear at decent prices. There are stores that I avoid because I know that nothing there looks good at people larger than a size 2, and that does not describe me! I bought a really cute shirt at Ricki's that I wore to church this morning. Of course, while I was cutting the tags off I had the joy of discovering that it was dry clean only. :roll: I really hate that! It's 98% polyester and 2% spandex or something like that - how can it not go through the washing machine? It's about to anyway, whether it wants to or not. ;)
DrummerChick
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by DrummerChick »

Well lets see. O dont have my ears pierced. Won't have anything except maybe my nose. I think that it would be to much hassle. I don't wear dresses. I wear skirts everyonce in a while like at easter and christmans a t church. I also love to wear prom dresses to prom. And I love to shop anywhere that has clothes that ilike and are cheaply priced.
hubcap
new and improved danny
new and improved danny

Post by hubcap »

*sees the change of topic* ... *flees*
Do you believe in the couch?
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I don't like to shop very much either. :anxious:

But if I MUST, Peebles and JC Penneys sometimes have decent things. I like making my clothes, or getting them from L.L. Bean or Land's End better than shopping.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Hope
You like me! You really like me!
You like me! You really like me!

Post by Hope »

*enters conversation cautiously*

I have my ears pierced but dont where earrings.

I dont like dresses, skirts suit me best.

*decides to leave when the subject of shopping comes up*

I am not a big fan of shopping for fun,