AIO Kidsboro Series

Coming this summer

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Dave
Classic

AIO Kidsboro Series

Post by Dave »

Your younsters will learn to apply biblical principles to government and politics as citizens of Kidsboro---a small town with no residents over the age of 14! When a mayoral campaign turns nasty, candidate Ryan incurs the wrath of the most popular girl at Odyssey Middle School. Can she stop his election? Ages 8 to 12. 128 pages, softcover from Tyndale.
These are from Marshal Younger (weren't they originally going to be released many years ago?). See more information about these books (including a cover design) at CBD.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

They look interesting. I only hope that this series lasts longer than the mystery series. The problem with AIO books is (except for the first 12 book series) they never go past 2 or 3 books. I was very disappointed that there were only two mystery books, as I really enjoyed those. I guess all we can do is wait and see.
shasta
My posts are revolutionary

Post by shasta »

Apparently it's a 4-book series, at least to start. More info at:
Adventures in Odyssey Novels list on Amazon.com

Here's the cover to Book #1

That "from Adventures in Odyssey" under Marshal Younger's name looks a lot like Paul McCusker on the Passages novels

I enjoyed Passages, and this series looks different from normal Odyssey (which can be nice). Thoughts?
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Marshal briefly talks about his Kidsboro series in our interview with him and Nathan Hoobler... which will be posted soon. \:D/
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

So is this Kidsboro series a whole separate series, or is it an AIO series?
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Jonathan wrote:So is this Kidsboro series a whole separate series, or is it an AIO series?
According to Amazon.com: "Kidsboro is a town in the woods behind Whit's End in Odyssey. It has a church, a store, a police station, a bakery, a newspaper...and a total of zero citizens over the age of 14! Ryan, the mayor helps enforce the laws, create new jobs, and keep the peace in a town where he seems to have lots of friends--and a few enemies."
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Laurie wrote:
Jonathan wrote:So is this Kidsboro series a whole separate series, or is it an AIO series?
According to Amazon.com: "Kidsboro is a town in the woods behind Whit's End in Odyssey. It has a church, a store, a police station, a bakery, a newspaper...and a total of zero citizens over the age of 14! Ryan, the mayor helps enforce the laws, create new jobs, and keep the peace in a town where he seems to have lots of friends--and a few enemies."
Ah. So...I'm a-guessing this is not targeted towards folks in my age bracket, eh? ;)
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Jonathan wrote:
Laurie wrote:
Ah. So...I'm a-guessing this is not targeted towards folks in my age bracket, eh? ;)
Most likely not but I think we adults know the target age for AIO. As long as we enjoy AIO I don't think age matters.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Laurie wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
Laurie wrote:
Most likely not but I think we adults know the target age for AIO. As long as we enjoy AIO I don't think age matters.
That last sentence is very true--I've never really been into the books anyway compared to the radio series.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Jonathan wrote: That last sentence is very true--I've never really been into the books anyway compared to the radio series.
Me either. I buy the books just to have them for my AIO collection.
Angel Bob
insert dash here

Post by Angel Bob »

I'm actually looking forward to seeing what this book series will be like. If it's something that branches out from traditional Odyssey stories but manages to still tie in with AIO, it could be very interesting.

As per the conversation in the unofficial podcast...I'm kind of a little worried about the "tie-in" episodes for Kidsboro, which seem to be included in Album 50's twelve episodes. I enjoyed the two-parter for "Passages," but it seemed a tad out-of-place in AIO. Maybe a few episodes like FOTF did with the Last Chance Detectives would be more effective? :)

nn
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

noname wrote:As per the conversation in the unofficial podcast...I'm kind of a little worried about the "tie-in" episodes for Kidsboro, which seem to be included in Album 50's twelve episodes.
I assumed that the Kidsboro three-parter would air after album 50's twelve episodes. Album 50 airs without a break from March 1 to May 17, then Kidsboro airs from May 24 to June 7 and is included on Album 51 or a special CD/ set. That sounds probable, right?

Dave
Nathan Hoobler
AIO Writer

Post by Nathan Hoobler »

Dave wrote:I assumed that the Kidsboro three-parter would air after album 50's twelve episodes. Album 50 airs without a break from March 1 to May 17, then Kidsboro airs from May 24 to June 7 and is included on Album 51 or a special CD/ set. That sounds probable, right?
That not only sounds probable, it sounds like what will definitely happen.

:D

Nathan
Angel Bob
insert dash here

Post by Angel Bob »

Nathan Hoobler wrote:
That not only sounds probable, it sounds like what will definitely happen.

:D

Nathan
Thanks for the clarification! I'm glad to know it will be presented this way.
Nathan Hoobler
AIO Writer

Post by Nathan Hoobler »

So it's kinda cool that we'll have 15 new show in a row this season.

At least I think so...

Nathan
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

That is cool! I look forward to hearing the fruits of the AIO team's labor.
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

Click here to read the first chapter of book one "Battle for Control" (scroll down and look for the pdf download on the left).

Click here to read the first chapter of book two "The Rise and Fall of the Kidsborian Empire" (scroll down and look for the pdf download on the left).
Gandalf
Tallying up

Post by Gandalf »

Nathan -

Can you give us some head's up info on these episodes? Will they be considered "AIO episodes" (like Passages") or a spin-off series (like Last Chance Detectives). In other words, will they have episode numbers?

Will they ever be included in an album (51?) or are they going to be completely separate?

Thanks!
Samitude
Pilgrim

Post by Samitude »

Ahh! :-k I don't like these kind of shows. A town with nobody over 14? OK. That is strange and unrealistic. I guess somebody must like it. Fantasy things are not my cup of tea. I was one who did not particularly care for Lord of the Rings, etc. Narnia was good because it was an allegory and we all knew that. There was a deeper meaning. Oh, well. I guess we'll see how it goes.