Make-up

do you wear it??

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

do you wear makeup??

Yes all the time!!
26%
Only special occasions
18%
hardly ever
12%
never im happy with who i am and dont wanna cover myself up!!
34%
im a boy.....
10%

Total votes: 50

JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

:thud:

One smiley post... :evillaugh:
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Oh know! :shock:

*runs to get a towel for JIA*
Rio
Animatronic

Post by Rio »

Christina wrote:
WINDSHEAR wrote:I plan on wearing makeup to every wedding and public occasion in the next 5 years! \:D/

Including our wedding :evillaugh:
aaaahhhh :mad:

*hopes the lipstick doesn't smear all over when he kisses her*

And really, my dear...isn't it hard to wear blush with that beard of yours? :-k
Wedding? say what has been going around here since May whent i went away?
hey that rrhymes.... i just have one question, what brand and shade of blush doth thou wear WINDY?:evillaugh:
FrayedAroundTheEdges
i hold the hand that holds the world

Post by FrayedAroundTheEdges »

...ok i so didnt want that mental image of windy wearin makeup :anxious: ...

anywayz, i luuuv wearin makeup! its so much fun experimenting with diff colored eyeliners lip glosses and eyes shadows *sigh* mucho fun!
]Lost and insecure, you found me, lyin on the floor...
whyd you have to wait? where were you?
just a little late...you found me
<3 The Fray --> You Found Me
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

FrayedAroundTheEdges wrote:...ok i so didnt want that mental image of windy wearin makeup :anxious: ...
Yes, it s QUITE a scary thought *nods solemnly*
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

It seems I'm in the minority, here! :anxious:

I wear makeup... Not ALL the time, but I do wear it most days of the week.
And I don't wear much, just enough to smooth out my skin tone, and bring out my eyes a bit. :)

So, I wear a bit of powder, mascara, usually a neutral eye shadow (although, I found this lovely gold-ish eye shadow that I've been wearing a lot, lately), and (if I feel like it) eye liner. I do need to find a different mascara, however, because it has been irritating my eyes lately.

And chapstick or lipgloss, of course! I always have at least one tube of chapstick on me at all times. Hehe.

H34TH4R, for taking it off, I just use my normal cleanser, and everything but my mascara comes off with that. For my eye makeup, I just use some eye makeup remover - Preferably oil free, or it'll make your eye area all greasy feeling. Yuck.

EDIT: And for the record, just because you wear makeup doesn't mean that you don't like who you are, or that you want to cover yourself up! That's certainly not why I wear it. I'm sure that's the case for some people, but not for most...
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Sarah wrote:EDIT: And for the record, just because you wear makeup doesn't mean that you don't like who you are, or that you want to cover yourself up! That's certainly not why I wear it. I'm sure that's the case for some people, but not for most...

I was waiting for someone to finally say that. ;)

One has to have a way to cover up the evidence of never sleeping, after all while simultaneouly convincing those whom you work for that you are delighted to be at work at 7am.

Which is the long and short of why I wear it. Plus, it makes me look good. Or something like that.
DrummerChick
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by DrummerChick »

Yes I do wear makeup. But not all the time only when I go to church and to places wear I know that I will not know anyone. I only wear a little mascara and eyeliner and also some concealer sometimes for acne. Teh only time that i do the whole get out is at prom and plays and such. And who ever wanted to know hwo to get it off I use petrolleum jelly for my eye makeup and I just wash my face at night so the other face stuff comes off with that.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I HATE make-up. I don't like to wear it, my dad forbids it (and guess what? My grandmother says I need to wear make-up. Who says I had to? I don't like it i the first place.)

I'm who I am, and that's that. One reason I don't like it is because I have a fear it will get in my eye. Don't want to get anythign worse done to my body. (but I will wear lip gloss occasionally. Just everything else... NO!)

Point Made, Love, Marisol.
Rio
Animatronic

Post by Rio »

I love make up!!!!!
I could not live without my mascara and foundation. i never leave my house without them. never
I especially like to wear lip gloss instead lipstick, lipstick never looks right on me.
and the best eyeshadow shade is mauve, its beautiful! but i must say the i dont put make-up on heavily, i think the lighter you put on the make up, the more delicate and less made up you look. \:D/
ObiWan Kenobi Girl
Why so serious?
Why so serious?

Post by ObiWan Kenobi Girl »

oh, yes!! I cannot leave the house with out wearing something, usually i do every thing. Eye shadow, color, blush, liner, brows, lip gloss, cover-up, mascara. sometimes not all that, but i cant live without my liquid eyeliner.....

now i sound vain.
DrummerChick
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by DrummerChick »

I tried liquid Eyeliner and ended up getting it all over my face . I was talking while doing my makeup. Also free advice never talk on the phone while putting on eyeliner or mascara It can become painful. Just imagine you putting it on and your friend screams in your ear. And the eyeliner will go straight to the eye believe me and it hurts. :blah: :xx:
FrayedAroundTheEdges

Post by FrayedAroundTheEdges »

Sparky the Happy Giraffe wrote:oh, yes!! I cannot leave the house with out wearing something, usually i do every thing. Eye shadow, color, blush, liner, brows, lip gloss, cover-up, mascara. sometimes not all that, but i cant live without my liquid eyeliner.....

now i sound vain.
im usually like that. i luuv my eyeliner! i bought rimmel londons light blue eyeliner crayon and its AH-MAZING! my eyes are rly blue so i put a thin like of black on my top lid an then a lil thicker line above it, then put a bsically microscopic line on my lower lid *and im gunna sound vain too* but it totaly makes my eyes pop!

*i go to an all girls high school tho, so i dont rly bother putting makeup on in the morning. i just grap a lil cover up an some lip gloss*
OMGosh i cant live without my lip gloss! :inlove:
]Lost and insecure, you found me, lyin on the floor...
whyd you have to wait? where were you?
just a little late...you found me
<3 The Fray --> You Found Me
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

Sherlock Holmes wrote:
Sarah wrote:EDIT: And for the record, just because you wear makeup doesn't mean that you don't like who you are, or that you want to cover yourself up! That's certainly not why I wear it. I'm sure that's the case for some people, but not for most...

I was waiting for someone to finally say that. ;)

One has to have a way to cover up the evidence of never sleeping, after all while simultaneouly convincing those whom you work for that you are delighted to be at work at 7am.

Which is the long and short of why I wear it. Plus, it makes me look good. Or something like that.
Haha. The entire time I was reading through the thread, I was thinking to myself "What? NO ONE has said anything about the fact that wearing make up is actually OK?! That it's not, in fact, a heinous crime?" :P

And yes, concealer has proven to be immensely handy when I'm lacking sleep! And when I'm not lacking sleep, seeing as my mom decided to pass on her under eye circles to me. Thanks mom!
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

Wearing make-up is a heinous crime!!!
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

Pseudonym wrote:Wearing make-up is a heinous crime!!!
So why do you wear it, again? :-k
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

Because I'm a criminal? :-
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

I always wear mascara. I had a stove explode on me when I was 12, and my eyelashes grew back in blonde. I hate how they look--so mascara is a def. I also usually wear eye makeup--eyeshadow, eyeliner, undereye concealer, etc--but they are natural. I started using that all minerals makeup and I LOVE it. It is so light and airy and doesn't look or feel like real makeup. I can't stand heavy foundations and creams, etc. I don't want to rub off on things. Occasionally I'll wear powder, blush, etc....but hardly ever. I pretty much like my face the way it is. \:D/
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

Jessicado wrote:I always wear mascara. I had a stove explode on me when I was 12, and my eyelashes grew back in blonde. I hate how they look--so mascara is a def. I also usually wear eye makeup--eyeshadow, eyeliner, undereye concealer, etc--but they are natural. I started using that all minerals makeup and I LOVE it. It is so light and airy and doesn't look or feel like real makeup. I can't stand heavy foundations and creams, etc. I don't want to rub off on things. Occasionally I'll wear powder, blush, etc....but hardly ever. I pretty much like my face the way it is. \:D/
cute baby, btw.

mineral powder stuff is cool. I wear makeup now, but it took me a long time to actually decide it helped me out. But now, I really do think I look a little healthier with it, gives more even skin tone, and yeah, makes me look like I sleep more than 2 hrs a night (which I do, but whatever). So I wear make up basically every day, but not because I hate the way I look. I think it just makes me look a little more professional and put together. It's not evil in my conscience.
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

EUCC wrote:
Jessicado wrote:I always wear mascara. I had a stove explode on me when I was 12, and my eyelashes grew back in blonde. I hate how they look--so mascara is a def. I also usually wear eye makeup--eyeshadow, eyeliner, undereye concealer, etc--but they are natural. I started using that all minerals makeup and I LOVE it. It is so light and airy and doesn't look or feel like real makeup. I can't stand heavy foundations and creams, etc. I don't want to rub off on things. Occasionally I'll wear powder, blush, etc....but hardly ever. I pretty much like my face the way it is. \:D/
cute baby, btw.

mineral powder stuff is cool. I wear makeup now, but it took me a long time to actually decide it helped me out. But now, I really do think I look a little healthier with it, gives more even skin tone, and yeah, makes me look like I sleep more than 2 hrs a night (which I do, but whatever). So I wear make up basically every day, but not because I hate the way I look. I think it just makes me look a little more professional and put together. It's not evil in my conscience.
TY! I think she is pretty groovy myself \:D/ .

I agree about the making it help you look more put together. That undereye stuff helps me to appear like I'm alive instead of a zombie. The mineral stuff just amazes me because you hardly put anything on, and it can brighten and smooth everything out so great!