Suggestions for episodes

I know you've got plenty of them.

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Suggestions for episodes

Post by Elrohir »

I think it'd be cool to have an episode with Phil Vischer and Mike Nawroki (the creators of Veggie Tales) as guest actors or even guest writers.

What do y'all think, and what are your ideas for future episodes?
Waluigi Freak 99
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Waluigi Freak 99 »

A Titanic episode, for one. And it'd never happen, but an episode telling us what happened to Lucy.
Everything written in this post is false.
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

I'd love to hear an episode dealing with Wooton's childhood.
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

An episode in which Richard Maxwell returns to solve a mystery.

An Imagination Station historical episode, such as one dealing with the Titanic or the Great Awakening (or something utterly new to AIO...not the War for Independence).

A Kid's Radio episode (or an adult-telling-a-child-a-story episode) dealing with a great man of the faith (in the tradition of "It Is Well" or "Amazing Grace").
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

Dave wrote:A Kid's Radio episode (or an adult-telling-a-child-a-story episode) dealing with a great man of the faith (in the tradition of "It Is Well" or "Amazing Grace").
There are a lot of great stories behind the Christmas carols we sing. (see: http://www.familylife.com/fltoday/defau ... 601&past=1) Any of those would make a great Christmas episode.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I'd like to see an episode where salvation is explained properly! \:D/
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Trent DeWhite wrote:I'd like to see an episode where salvation is explained properly! \:D/
*laughs in spite of himself*

There are two episode ideas I would love to see brought into reality.

The first is a show regarding Regis Blackgaard's past. I doubt it'll ever happen--but boy, the possibilities are nearly endless.

The second one is a historical episode telling the story of Martin Luther and the Reformation. I find it to be a very important time in church--and world--history. AIO covered it once in Hymn Writers. But because they had 5 minutes to cram many years of history, they left out a lot of important details. There were also some goofs (Tetzel wasn't pastor at Wittenberg--Luther was ;) ).

The point is those five minutes didn't do the story justice. I still enjoy that scene--I just additionally think that the history there has great potential for a history show.
Gandalf
Tallying up

Post by Gandalf »

I've always been partial to the historical shows as well.

Jonathan, I love your idea of a real episode on Martin Luther. What would you say to other episodes dealing with the Reformation? Possibly dealing with the Reformation in other countries, like France, England, Switzerland, Scotland, etc? That's a part of Church history that has always fascinated me.

I also would like to get more "hymn" stories, like "Amazing Grace" and "It Is Well". There's tons of them out there.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Gandalf wrote:Jonathan, I love your idea of a real episode on Martin Luther.
Gandalf wrote:What would you say to other episodes dealing with the Reformation? Possibly dealing with the Reformation in other countries, like France, England, Switzerland, Scotland, etc? That's a part of Church history that has always fascinated me.
I'll go ahead and trust your judgment on that idea--while I am very familiar with the Reformation in Germany that revolved around Luther, I'm not as familiar with the other countries you listed.
Gandalf wrote:I also would like to get more "hymn" stories, like "Amazing Grace" and "It Is Well". There's tons of them out there.
Indeed.
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

Considering I just found out that there isn't an episode on Cain and Abel, I think it would be a good imagination station adventure and could be very...impactful

I like all your ideas too by the way, especially martin luther :yes:
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Agent3xq wrote:Considering I just found out that there isn't an episode on Cain and Abel, I think it would be a good imagination station adventure and could be very...impactful

I like all your ideas too by the way, especially martin luther :yes:
Me too. :yes:
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

Agent3xq wrote:Considering I just found out that there isn't an episode on Cain and Abel, I think it would be a good imagination station adventure and could be very...impactful
BTV: Envy had a little sketch on Cain and Abel (in the Opera Geraldohue segment), but an Imagination Station episode on that story could be quite powerful indeed.
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Another World War II episode. I just listened to "East Winds Raining" not to long ago (I should I have listened to it on Friday as well) and re-appreciated it. Another episode with young Whit? Right now I can't think of any grandparents of any characters that could have been in World War II, but I'm sure AIO can introduce them.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Ah yes - the episode that still sends my sister running for cover, even at 20 years of age. ;) I agree that it is a powerful episode! I'm trying to think of grandparents that would work and coming up as blank as Dr. Watson. :-k Maybe it could be Jared and Trent's grandparents (that we haven't even heard about that I remember) and one of the kids is researching and realizes that reality doesn't match with their glamorous imaginations?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I agree on Blackgaard's past... lots of possibility there...

And one where Rodney starts a backyard wrestling fed and people get injured and he gets sued or something! \:D/
Crazy 4 Pugs
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Crazy 4 Pugs »

It does seem like we haven't heard many WWII stories. (Is "East Winds Raining" the only one?) How about a story taking place somewhere other than Odyssey? Like the older episodes, when some of the characters took a trip somewhere, like Waylaid in the Windy City, or the Barclay vacation eps. Or how about Connie meeting a guy and having a relationship, and NOT acting like an idiot? Or maybe having Mitch come back to visit Odyssey. (Just to visit, not to start going out with Connie again.) And yes, I know that last one will never happen.
Um, I guess this is where I'm supposed to say something funny or interesting.
shasta
My posts are revolutionary

Post by shasta »

Episode with Whit as a high school teacher (I believe this was mentioned in a couple episodes, but never developed.)

Episode with a Power Boy Comic Book Adventure! If anyone's familiar with Star Trek: Voyager, this would be like the Doctor Chaoticaepisodes which remain very popular.

More Episodes with Jack Allen. Anything. Preferably a 2-parter to reveal what happened to Karen.

Episodes that tackle church and theology ideas from a kid's point of view. Seems like "The Second Coming" and "Preacher's Kid" did this very nicely. I mean, how often do we hear about Odyssey Community Church? If so many Odyssey residents are Christians, shouldn't the church play a big role in their lives?

Yes, I agree with above comment... Episode with Regis and Edwin as twin brothers growing up. Killer idea!

More Episodes with Katrina. Let's see her developed more as a character.

Good stuff - i look forward to the future!
-king shasta
Nathan Hoobler
AIO Writer

Post by Nathan Hoobler »

shasta wrote:Preferably a 2-parter to reveal what happened to Karen.
She died.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Nathan Hoobler wrote:
She died.
Then a 2-parter on how she died. :noway:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

Nathan Hoobler wrote:
She died.
I know that wasn't supposed to be funny....but that just made me burst out laughing..... :anxious:

EDIT...I think maybe she meant Clara?
Last edited by Jessicado on Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.