Prince Caspian Movie Trailer!!!!!!!!!

IS OUT!!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

Star Wars (episodes I, II and III) and Spiderman (all three of them) were released in May and were counted as "Summer Blockbusters" ;)
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

POTC3 was also a May released "summer" blockbuster. Movie people have different seasons than some of us, apparently. ;)

The trailer looks really good! Lucy especially looks older to me, but since she's the youngest, it makes sense that a couple years would change her the most. They all still look similar to the first one. Just seeing Peter reminded me of Trent's old avatar with him. :inlove:

Prince Caspian does look a tad old, but whatever...as long as the movie is good, that doesn't bother me!
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

That was awesomeness! \:D/ I can't wait. \:D/
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Kairi wrote:That was awesomeness! \:D/ I can't wait. \:D/
Same here. \:D/
Lucy Pevensie
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Post by Lucy Pevensie »

H Tide wrote:Well, the book never says Caspian was 12. It actually says Caspian was around Peter's age. Thus, with Peter being a bit older in the movie, they're making Caspian older as well.
Actually, according to the timeline that Lewis made (I'm pretty sure) he should be 13. The reason they made Caspian as old as he was was because his role was rather complex and it would be difficult for an child actor to be trained alongside the already-experienced previous child actors (Peter, Edmund, Susan, and Lucy). Besides that, he had to look three years older in the next movie so . . .

I actually wish they could have set the date for December, since I just love watching Narnia Christmas time . . . :P Hehe . . . ^^
Need a nice signature/avatar set? Take a look at my shop! :)
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. John 6:37
Lucy is my twin Laura Ingalls = l33t ~*Robin Baggins/Respectahobbit*~
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Interesting how they pulled Narnia into the train station instead of the children into Narnia. Easier to achieve on film.

And summoning Jadis happened underground at Aslan's How, didn't it? I came to post here specifically to ask why she was there, but got help with the answer from the other posts. ;) I still say it's weird and solely for over-dramaticness. :roll:
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

Darcie wrote:Interesting how they pulled Narnia into the train station instead of the children into Narnia. Easier to achieve on film.
I didn't get that impression. It looked like the train station was falling apart, yes, but I think they could still be pulled into Narnia... oh well, we'll see...

Darcie wrote:And summoning Jadis happened underground at Aslan's How, didn't it? I came to post here specifically to ask why she was there, but got help with the answer from the other posts. ;) I still say it's weird and solely for over-dramaticness. :roll:
Not exactly. In the book, the wolf and the hag suggest drawing the "blue fire" and summoning her as a strategy but Caspian is quick to renounce it.
From the book:
C.S. Lewis in Prince Caspian wrote:Above the steadily increasing growl of the Badger and Cornelius's sharp "What?" rose the voice of King Caspian like thunder. "So that is your plan Nikabrik! Black sorcery and the calling up of an accursed ghost!"
I don't think the trailer quite captured that scene ;)
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

I just read it within the last couple months, so it's rather fresh still. ;) OK, I was remembering it that way too- that they talked about it while underground while the boys and Trumpkin (I think I recall correctly?) were just outside the door but did not actually summon her. So why is she there??
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Darcie wrote:I just read it within the last couple months, so it's rather fresh still. ;) OK, I was remembering it that way too- that they talked about it while underground while the boys and Trumpkin (I think I recall correctly?) were just outside the door but did not actually summon her. So why is she there??
More dramatic? :shrugs:
The first movie didn't follow the book exactly but I thought they did a very good job with it so I'm hopeful that this one is going to turn out good as well! \:D/
I read somewhere that they were introducing the children into the story earlier so that they don't have to spend all that time with Trumpkin recalling in flashbacks. Caspian is definitely older than the books. Are they going to do some kind of love interest with him and Susan? :-k
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Chandler wrote:Are they going to do some kind of love interest with him and Susan? :-k
1. They'd better not.

2. I seem to remember Andrew Adamson saying they would--and it turned out to be an April Fools Joke (one of the things in that joke was them having cast Mr. T for Repicheep).

3. They'd better not.

4. While a few changes from the book is necessary, I think that Adamson is smart enough to know that a change of that magnitude would probably aggravate a lot of Narnia fans, so he could conclude he shouldn't do that.

5. They'd better not (can you tell that I'm one of the aforementioned fans?) ;)
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Lol, I didn't know that was mentioned as an April Fools joke. I got the idea from watching that Caspian teaser they put out a few months ago. Just a brief shot of Susan and Caspian together made me wonder. I'm in full agreement with you... I hope they don't do that.
Scorpion
OK

Post by Scorpion »

I saw it last night ,but I think it looks realy cool.Sorta freaky how they pull the wall in at the train station.
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

Remember, Susan is supposed to be a real jerk in this book. And this is officially the last time we see Susan in the whole Narnia series. I remember hearing something in the actor's commentary that everyone was sad that Anna (Susan) wouldn't be able to continue on with the rest of the actors and I can only hope that continues to be Adam's plan.

I really hope they don't change this up and let Susan finish like her brothers and sisters... nothing against Susan, but it's a key part to the story.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Plus, while it has been forever since I've read the books, the idea of a 12 year old dude doing everything Caspian does would just look silly on film...

*eagerly awaits the Lucy/Reepicheep love story!* \:D/
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

STRYPER wrote:Remember, Susan is supposed to be a real jerk in this book. And this is officially the last time we see Susan in the whole Narnia series. I remember hearing something in the actor's commentary that everyone was sad that Anna (Susan) wouldn't be able to continue on with the rest of the actors and I can only hope that continues to be Adam's plan.

I really hope they don't change this up and let Susan finish like her brothers and sisters... nothing against Susan, but it's a key part to the story.
Well, none of the four children really do appear again until the Last Battle, which is still a long way off--and all of them are in Narnia during the Horse and His Boy--so she probably wouldn't be missing all that much. At least not for a while.
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
The Artful Dodger
Still standing tall

Post by The Artful Dodger »

Lucy and Edmund are in VotDT. I'm sure they won't be sticking too close to the book, but it makes sense from what I've hear, just considering what I've heard. There are a few things i'm not happy about, but I can see how the changes they made will make a better movie, though not a better book. ;)

Didn't we have some fun, though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said, 'goodbye.' And you were like, 'no, wait.' And then I was all, 'we pretended we were going to murder you.' That was great...
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

Right... I worded that badly. I meant that the four children wouldn't appear together. =P

...in which case it's both William and Anna. Yes. >_>
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
totustuus
Pilgrim

Post by totustuus »

What's with Caspian being so darn old? And what's with his accent? I wonder if they're trying to make him look like a pirate from some island in the middle of nowhere.

It looks like they definitely meet with their dear little friend at Cair Paravel, not Caspian.

I find it interesting that Caspian refers to himself as "Prince Caspian" instead of "King Caspian."

It looks like they left just about all the scenes from the book in. They probably have to because the book is not extremely long, and a lot of it is Trumpkin talking about Caspian.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this movie.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Chandler wrote:
Darcie wrote:...So why is she there??
More dramatic? :shrugs:
The first movie didn't follow the book exactly but I thought they did a very good job with it so I'm hopeful that this one is going to turn out good as well! \:D/
Well, the changes they made to the first to make it more dramatic were the things I had problems with. For example, the dashing across the barren icy landscape when they hear a sleigh coming that really turns out to be Father Christmas. :roll:
Chandler wrote:I read somewhere that they were introducing the children into the story earlier so that they don't have to spend all that time with Trumpkin recalling in flashbacks. Caspian is definitely older than the books. Are they going to do some kind of love interest with him and Susan? :-k
It will be interesting to see how they handle that, as there are a couple chapters dedicated to him telling the story of the prince and not revealing himself as Trumpkin... but I wonder if it really is Caspian coming to Cair Paravel, or just appears that way in the editing of the trailer?
I personally don't have a problem with Caspian's age. And I think he mostly does refer to himself in this book as "Prince" rather than "King," as that is how he has known himself his entire life.
FrayedAroundTheEdges
i hold the hand that holds the world
i hold the hand that holds the world

Post by FrayedAroundTheEdges »

ok ya totaly cant wait for it!!
they did amazin with the casting for caspiaN! *luvint the accent*
an the kids look soo diff! *peters lookin good =P*
[{btw they're already plannin a Voyage of the Dawn Treader for 2010!}]
]Lost and insecure, you found me, lyin on the floor...
whyd you have to wait? where were you?
just a little late...you found me
<3 The Fray --> You Found Me