New album cover artwork?

I was browsing Amazon today....

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Chandler

New album cover artwork?

Post by Chandler »

Amazon has a new album cover for "A Journey of Choices." Is AIO releasing new covers for all their old albums? Are they releasing any albums after 15 as "gold editions"?
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

That is what it looks like to me. I have to say that I like the old cover better than the new one. What I wonder is why did they start with Journey of Choices? Did they forget about albums 16 through 18?
Lucy Pevensie
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Post by Lucy Pevensie »

Laurie wrote:That is what it looks like to me. I have to say that I like the old cover better than the new one.
I have to agree. The new ones are all right I guess, but the previous covers were perfectly fine with me . . . and had the "old feel" to them too.
Need a nice signature/avatar set? Take a look at my shop! :)
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. John 6:37
Lucy is my twin Laura Ingalls = l33t ~*Robin Baggins/Respectahobbit*~
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

I believe I heard that they are starting album 20 because they had run out of copies of that album so they started remaking this album first. I think? :anxious:
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I posted this new album cover back in early November over at our Unofficial Odyssey Podcast blog.
Chris wrote:It's official! Albums 16-35 are being redone with new cover illustrations and new behind-the-scenes inserts. However, unlike The Gold Audio Series, they're not being released in sequence. New cover art is being done as soon as the old edition is out-of-stock. Album 20: A Journey of Choices was the first to be redesigned.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Trent DeWhite wrote:I posted this new album cover back in early November over at our Unofficial Odyssey Podcast blog.
Chris wrote:It's official! Albums 16-35 are being redone with new cover illustrations and new behind-the-scenes inserts. However, unlike The Gold Audio Series, they're not being released in sequence. New cover art is being done as soon as the old edition is out-of-stock. Album 20: A Journey of Choices was the first to be redesigned.
That stinks for those of us who have already bought the original albums. This means that if we want the behind the scenes inserts we have to spend more money and buy duplicates. :roll:
Last edited by Laurie on Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Laurie wrote:That stinks for those of us who have already bought the albums. This means that if we want the behind the scenes inserts we have to spend more money and buy albums we already have. :roll:
I'm sure you're well familiar with the concept of marketing. ;)

Of course, this is fantastic for those of us who only have a dozen albums on CD. \:D/
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
Laurie wrote:That stinks for those of us who have already bought the albums. This means that if we want the behind the scenes inserts we have to spend more money and buy albums we already have. :roll:
I'm sure you're well familiar with the concept of marketing. ;)

Of course, this is fantastic for those of us who only have a dozen albums on CD. \:D/
I'm familiar with the concept. However, just because I am familiar with the concept does not mean that I have to like this one and I don't.
Last edited by Laurie on Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I never said you had to like it. O:)

Quite honestly, however, the behind-the-scenes inserts really aren't that great. If you want good behind-the-scenes material, look no further than the The Second Complete Guide to Adventures in Odyssey... which will be released sometime next summer. \:D/

As far as the new album art cover goes... am I the only one who likes it? :(
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Trent DeWhite wrote:I never said you had to like it. O:)

Quite honestly, however, the behind-the-scenes inserts really aren't that great. If you want good behind-the-scenes material, look no further than the The Second Complete Guide to Adventures in Odyssey... which will be released sometime next summer. \:D/

As far as the new album art cover goes... am I the only one who likes it? :(
I don't like it and never have, but I am sure that there are people on here that do like it. I have the first Complete Guide, so I am eagerly awaiting the second one.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Trent DeWhite wrote: As far as the new album art cover goes... am I the only one who likes it? :(
It's okay - I always like things that are familiar, and this isn't ;) but I actually do like it!

There are lots of people that don't already own every album - I know that just because I do doesn't mean every other existing and about-to-exist fan does too. I might buy some of the re-released sets as my old tapes wear out. I do like bonus features, but I'm not going to begrudge new fans some features on new CD sets just because I bought the same set on tape more than a decade ago. I've had the privilege of hearing the episodes dozens of times and they haven't - I think that I still came out ahead! \:D/
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

Trent DeWhite wrote:As far as the new album art cover goes... am I the only one who likes it? :(
I like it! I think it's much better than the old one. \:D/
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
Gandalf
Tallying up

Post by Gandalf »

Erg. It's not that I don't like the new art, but I thnk it's hand's down inferior to the old stuff. Especially starting with album 21, the album art was really attractive. Seriously, if you don't have it, I encourage you to take a good look at especially albums 21, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 31, & 32. These pieces are just classic works of art. Replace them with this new style? I'm not such a big fan of that idea.

Still, maybe this will give those of us who have been leary of switching our tape albums over to CDs a chance to do so. What exactly are the bonus materials? If they could include old scrapbooks that didn't make it onto the Gold Album (there are a few) and/or other bonus features, I would be tempted to get them. Also, there's still several unreleased episodes that should be included on some of them:
#85: You Go To School Where?
#370: Christmas Around the World (Part 1)
#371: Christmas Around the World (Part 2)
#438b: The Telltale Cat
#439: BTV: Grace
#442b: Sticks and Stones
#444a: Career Moves

That would give some of us that are hesitant a real motivation to buy them. As it is now, I'm more likely to rush out and try to grab up the old covers. Especially if the ONLY difference is in fact the cover art.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Gandalf wrote:That would give some of us that are hesitant a real motivation to buy them. As it is now, I'm more likely to rush out and try to grab up the old covers. Especially if the ONLY difference is in fact the cover art.
That's just it...

New cover art is being done as soon as the old edition is out-of-stock.

If you want the old covers, you'd better get them soon! ;)
shasta
My posts are revolutionary

Post by shasta »

as far as I know, "The Gold Audio Series" name was only used for Volumes 1-15 which had never been on CD before, and new audio bonus features were added.

Whereas these new repacks (#16 thru #35) are getting new cover art, new behind-the-scenes inserts, and the episodes are digitally remastered. But no new audio bonus features are being added, from what i've heard.

#36 thru #46 are also changing to the new front cover "format", with inserts added. But obviously the cover illustrations are staying the same.

You may want to see this previous thread, with more links to the New vs Old packaging.

peace,
-king shasta
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Gandalf wrote:Erg. It's not that I don't like the new art, but I thnk it's hand's down inferior to the old stuff. Especially starting with album 21, the album art was really attractive. Seriously, if you don't have it, I encourage you to take a good look at especially albums 21, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 31, & 32. These pieces are just classic works of art. Replace them with this new style? I'm not such a big fan of that idea.
*seconds that*
Also, there's still several unreleased episodes that should be included on some of them:
#85: You Go To School Where?
I'm 100% positive that won't be released, based on what we've heard from the AIO team. Same with btv Grace.
As it is now, I'm more likely to rush out and try to grab up the old covers. Especially if the ONLY difference is in fact the cover art.
Indeed. Of course, I don't have a cd player in my car, so it may be awhile before I replace my AIO tapes with CDs. And then there's always Ebay ;)
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I would LOVE to have the unreleased episodes. Personally, I think they should do a second "Lost Episodes" album with the episodes that did not get into the first album. I think the "bonus features" are just inserts similar to the ones in the Gold Audio albums.
Waluigi Freak 99
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Waluigi Freak 99 »

:-s Eh . . . I will never picture Donna the same way again.
Everything written in this post is false.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

New artwork for album 32 has now been released.

I had found a bigger picture elsewhere--but I can't remember where.

On a related note, who runs aiolib.com?

edit--you're going to have to scroll down to see it. You can click on it to make it a bit bigger.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Jonathan wrote:New artwork for album 32 has now been released.

I had found a bigger picture elsewhere--but I can't remember where.
Probably here, where the full-res versions were posted back on November 24. :)