What are you listening to now?

post it

Are youse looking for quality electronics at a fair price? Well, come on down to The Electric Palace where we have everything youse are looking for! While money can't be earned by posting here, youse'll find great deals on nonsense of all kinds. So what are youse waiting for? Join the conversations that just don't quite fit anywhere else!
hubcap
new and improved danny
new and improved danny

Post by hubcap »

Duetscher Meister by the Wise Guys (a German Pop/Rock "band")
Do you believe in the couch?
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

M*A*S*H on TVLand.
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

Vi sitter i Ventrilo och spelar DotA - Basshunter.
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
Apache 64D
Classic

Post by Apache 64D »

The Poet and the Pendulum
Christian Friends
In the darkness of the night I walk
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

Hello by: Hawk Nelson!
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

main theme for higurashi no naku koro ni
kawai kenji
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I was JUST listening to "God With Us" by MercyMe. And "Everything to Me" by Matthew West. Sad story behind that song, really. Matt has so much...faith. Somehow, I can never doubt about anyone anymore. I'm just a loser anyway.
hubcap
new and improved danny
new and improved danny

Post by hubcap »

Marisol Delko Caine wrote:Matt has so much...faith. Somehow, I can never doubt about anyone anymore. I'm just a loser anyway.
1. yes, he does. I have met him. very kind man with more faith than I have seen in a long time.

2. you aren't a loser. why do you think that?!? if God made you, you are INCAPABLE of being a loser.

And...3. I am listening to "oh my gosh" by Jars of Clay. (actually, I am listening to all the Jars of Clay that I have on my computer. which is 3 hours, 14 minutes, and 54 seconds worth of music. :anxious: )
Do you believe in the couch?
serrebi
29K to go!

Post by serrebi »

jurgen vries [feat. cMC] - the opra song
This is an older song, leaving me to ponder what happend to trance? Now it's cheese! Why did it have to change! All the good songs are unreleased.
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

Britt Nicole - Believe
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

Overture (the Phantom of the Opera) - Andrew Lloyd Webber

^_^
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

The TV in the background. So my dad.
silmoraka heskil wrote:
Marisol Delko Caine wrote:Matt has so much...faith. Somehow, I can never doubt about anyone anymore. I'm just a loser anyway.
1. yes, he does. I have met him. very kind man with more faith than I have seen in a long time.

2. you aren't a loser. why do you think that?!? if God made you, you are INCAPABLE of being a loser.

And...3. I am listening to "oh my gosh" by Jars of Clay. (actually, I am listening to all the Jars of Clay that I have on my computer. which is 3 hours, 14 minutes, and 54 seconds worth of music. :anxious: )
Met????? Met? MET?!!!!!!! (Now I am most definitely jealous. I've only met Brandon Heath. Matthew West is so.... I want to meet someone else!!)

Incapable? Not compared to what other people say (I try to ignore, I seriously try, but I'm not strong enough, in anything).
I'm not a very strong person. One example wouild be my fight with my mom and dad about where I have to go to school next year. They are making me go to a school, of course Christian, in Walla Walla, but I'm staying with some relatives of mine. THey aren't the greatest influences, becuase they don't believe in God, so I'm really afraid I won't be strong enough to keep my faith and keep trusting in and knowing God. I'm really scared I'll drop it and never be able to get back. I don't want to lose my faith. And I'm getting this feeling that I won't have the strength. I guess asking God might help.
I know soooo many people who have waaaay better relationships with God. Guess what? I want that, but I don't have the resources or the means to even figure out how to get there. I have my Bible, my devotional books, prayer, and my faith, but that's about it.
I don't have a very good pastor, I don't have a youth group (all my teen friends have gone to boarding schools. AH! And my chruch is too small. less than 75 or so), and I don't exactly have a youth pastor. I don't ahve the resources other people have going to Christian churches or even bigger churches in my denomination (Adventist).
I don't know how to get any better than what I am. I so badly want it, but I can't get there. THere is just no way, and going to the school I'm going to next year probably won't help.
So much revolves around that one thing, the school I'm going to, and my church. I don't know what to call myself, except a loser. I'm worse than everyone else out there. I... I don't know anymore.
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

serrebi wrote:jurgen vries [feat. cMC] - the opra song
This is an older song, leaving me to ponder what happend to trance? Now it's cheese! Why did it have to change! All the good songs are unreleased.
Wow someone who likes trance.
I have to disagree with it being cheese. This is my interpretation on the genre.

Well back in the mid 90s to about 2002, trance was cool, and someone new. Then from like 2003 - 2006. All the trance that came out just totally sucked. Everything song sounded the same.

After this horrible 3 years of trance all the big producers started changing their style to a more progressive sound bordering progressive house.
For instance, Tiesto and Armin went away from the whole classic trance sound and play/ produce a more progressive sound. Which i think is 1000 times better than the trance from 2003-2006. Who am I kidding all trance is pretty cheesy but there are some exceptions every once in awhile.

But still nothing beats soulful house.

BTW: Whast your favorite trance songs?

oh yeah i m listening to some muse.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Marisol Delko Caine wrote:The TV in the background. So my dad.
silmoraka heskil wrote:

Met????? Met? MET?!!!!!!! (Now I am most definitely jealous. I've only met Brandon Heath. Matthew West is so.... I want to meet someone else!!)

Incapable? Not compared to what other people say (I try to ignore, I seriously try, but I'm not strong enough, in anything).
I'm not a very strong person. One example wouild be my fight with my mom and dad about where I have to go to school next year. They are making me go to a school, of course Christian, in Walla Walla, but I'm staying with some relatives of mine. THey aren't the greatest influences, becuase they don't believe in God, so I'm really afraid I won't be strong enough to keep my faith and keep trusting in and knowing God. I'm really scared I'll drop it and never be able to get back. I don't want to lose my faith. And I'm getting this feeling that I won't have the strength. I guess asking God might help.
I know soooo many people who have waaaay better relationships with God. Guess what? I want that, but I don't have the resources or the means to even figure out how to get there. I have my Bible, my devotional books, prayer, and my faith, but that's about it.
I don't have a very good pastor, I don't have a youth group (all my teen friends have gone to boarding schools. AH! And my chruch is too small. less than 75 or so), and I don't exactly have a youth pastor. I don't ahve the resources other people have going to Christian churches or even bigger churches in my denomination (Adventist).
I don't know how to get any better than what I am. I so badly want it, but I can't get there. THere is just no way, and going to the school I'm going to next year probably won't help.
So much revolves around that one thing, the school I'm going to, and my church. I don't know what to call myself, except a loser. I'm worse than everyone else out there. I... I don't know anymore.
Everybody has doubts and bad days and that doesn't mean that you're abnormal or a loser. You are special in the eyes of God, and I'm sure that your friends and family love you and care about you too. You aren't worse than everybody else. All have sinned, not just you! It's a lie that isolates you and makes you feel guilty when you feel like everyone else is better than you, and that isn't what should happen! Some people just hide it more than others. Calling yourself names is not the solution, and it's not true! Is there a song that you like to listen to that makes you feel better? Put it on and just listen.
Homeward bound
Lucid and deductive
Location: Can't say where I am, but my head is in the clouds...

Post by Homeward bound »

I might turn on the radio in a minute, but right now just the sound of the cars driving by my window through the snow (well, slush now that salt trucks came through and after having so many cars drive over it :p)...
Marisol Delko Caine wrote:The TV in the background. So my dad.
silmoraka heskil wrote:

Marisol, I totally know how you feel about thinking you're a loser. I come from a background of being the "loser" at my school up until (ironically) Jr. High or High School. It was around that time that my sister started in on me though...she's younger than me, but she would act as though she were superior and I wasn't even human sometimes. Tending to be more timid, I would lash out (which would make it worse) but couldn't do much to fight back. (Thanks to a lot of prayer by some close friends of ours, our relationship has been healing a lot now though.) I still often feel like a loser from that, plus my relationship with Christ isn't the greatest because I struggle to spend time with Him on a daily basis...I have a serious lack of self-discipline. I'm also not strong enough. But you know, none of are "strong enough"... every one of us falls short in some area or another (for the vast majority, multiple areas). That's where we need to rely on Christ's strength rather than our own. You were right about asking God for help ;) ...that would be the first place to start.

You know, it's also not all about "having the resources" to keep your faith (there are enough people that have them and still struggle), but you're right that we do need other people of faith to help. I've heard it said we should have at least three different people we involve in our spirtual lives to help us grow spirtually...a mentor (someone who is more mature in their faith who we can learn from), a peer (someone who we can walk with and encourage one another), and a mentee (someone who we can mentor in their faith). I know you said your church is small, but is there anyone at your church (or not even necessarily your church...could be your parents, family, neighbor, etc) who you've seen is very strong in her faith and you're close enough to that you could ask her to be your mentor? Do you have a friend who you can ask to be an accountibility partner, even if you don't see her every day? (My accountability partners are too far away to see each other often, at least with our schedules, so one of those friends and I arranged two days a week where we'll call each other.) Is there someone you know who you can help grow in her faith? Simply having those contacts will help you to hold fast in your faith, even though your circumstances may not be ideal to grow. It may just be that God has you there to be a light. ;)
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

Night on Bald Mountain by Mussorgsky.
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
Dakota Bud
I've been here a bit

Post by Dakota Bud »

I'm listening to ChristmasCarol

you can go to http://www.ziplo.com/ChristmasCarol.html

I was playin' Santa Claus
Downtown on Christmas Eve
When a little girl of three or four
Climbed up onto my knee

I could tell she had a Christmas wish
Behind those eyes of blue
So I asked her, 'What's your name?
What can Santa get for you?'

She said, 'My name is Christmas Carol
I was born on Christmas Day
I don't know who my daddy is,
and mommy's gone away
All I want for Christmas is
Someone to take me home
Does anybody want
A Christmas Carol of their own?'

Well, all that I could say was
Santa'd do the best he could
And I set her down and told her
'Now remember to be good'

She said, 'I will', then walked away
Turned and waved goodbye
And I'm glad she wasn't close enough
To see old Santa cry

She said, 'My name is Christmas Carol
and mommy's gone away
Someone to take me home
Does anybody want

Early Christmas morning
I got up and dialed the phone
I made a few arrangements
With the County Children's Home

They told me it would be all right
To pick her up today
Now my little Christmas Carol
Won't ever have to say

'My name is Christmas Carol
and mommy's gone away
Someone to take me home
Does anybody want

Well, Merry Christmas Carol
I love you
Welcome home
Edit - please use quote tags for material that you're copying from another source. Thanks! - Catspaw
GO MARINES
OOH RAH

I'm a Private Detective in the Town of Odyssey
FrayedAroundTheEdges
i hold the hand that holds the world
i hold the hand that holds the world

Post by FrayedAroundTheEdges »

im watchin The Office on nbc.com
]Lost and insecure, you found me, lyin on the floor...
whyd you have to wait? where were you?
just a little late...you found me
<3 The Fray --> You Found Me
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

'Button Up Your Over Coat - Dick Haymes'

-Robo
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

Sufjan Stevens - Chicago
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.