How many people, when they sign up for forums and stuff...

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Do you actually read the rules of a forum, youtube, facebook, myspace, ect. before signing up?

I have no life, and must read them to fill my time!
9%
Why would I waste my precious time I am wasting on the computer reading the rules!?
39%
Why am I even reading this poll? I'm just going back to "Abigail's Market" and clicking another topic! I have no time for this!
3%
Eh, I scan through it...
48%

Total votes: 33

PJ
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: wandering in the desert, searching for my promised land

Post by PJ »

I have no life and have to read all of the rules...
Love is stronger than death.
boneablaze
Tallying up

Post by boneablaze »

Nope, I don't read them (side note, I also rarely read ALL posts in a thread before posting unless the thread is shorter than four posts or so). Of course, I'm careful/picky/cautious /paranoid (pick whatever one you want) when it comes to joining forums. I sit around as a guest for some time and observe (I did so here for several months before registering). In observing I get a feel for what the rules are based on how the members interact, what they get away with, what they don't get away with, and how the things they don't get away with are handled (if such is made public), so by the time I decide to register, I've got a pretty good idea of what the rules are and thus don't see a need to actually read the rules. Occasionally I'll scan through them, but I have so much reading to do for classes, that it usually dosen't get done.
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

I usually scan through the rules. Usually looking for anything weird that the particular forum is asking me to do and what not.

I read about half of the rules for this forum, then started scanning through.

I think of it this way: As long as I am a good member, don't say any bad words in my posts, or insult the other members, everything is ok. Though I usually get familiar with the forum before I do anything (like posting, getting a sig, etc). But after a while I get comfortable.
Farrah
Tallying up

Post by Farrah »

I have no idea, they are thousands of people got signed up.
from farrah.