Favorite Subjcts in School

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

I love science! I've enjoyed organic chemistry and biochemistry most. :)
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

Taq wrote:I love science! I've enjoyed organic chemistry and biochemistry most. :)
:thud: Chemistry had to have been the subject I disliked most in my entire life... :anxious: Or maybe it was just my teacher. :anxious:
aiofan
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by aiofan »

yes, i agree with jonathan!

when i was in high school, band was my favorite by far! i think it motivated me to do well in some courses that i otherwise might have failed. plus all my friends were in my music classes.

in college it was my deaf studies and my asian american studies classes. :)
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

My favorite subject is definately US History! Then I love Spanish class too. US history is just so interesting!
I do what I do.
boneablaze
Tallying up

Post by boneablaze »

actinglove299 wrote:
Lucy wrote:
actinglove299 wrote:I love most math and science. I loved Algebra and Trig, but I am hating Geometry.
You did Trigonometry before Geometry? :-s

I generally love all my subjects. *hugs her draws full of textbooks* \:D/
Yeah... something about "our brains wern't ready for it before this" or something wierd. I also did Trig and Algebra II in the same year, and Physics first.
I was homeschooled so my math classes were "out of order" like that

Grade 9 Geometry (1st semester) Trig (2nd Semester)
Grade 10 Algebra 1 (1st semester) Algebra 2 (2nd Semester)
Grade 11 Pre Calculus
Grade 12 Calculus 1

And yes, I completed the entire 1-yr of math for Geometry, Trig, Algebra 1, and Algebra 2 in one semester each. *shrugs* I've always been gifted at math. Doing Geometry and Trig first made my Algebra classes a breeze.

Because I took a rather extensive break between finishing high school and starting college I went all the way back to pre algebra when I entered college since I hadn't really used math much for the time I was out of school and taking advantage of our independent study option for math (you can go through several math classes in a semester, or take up to three semesters for each class), I did Prealgebra, algebra and most of geometry in one semester then I finished geometry, algebra 2 and Trig in the next semester of my first year. The following year I went into regular math classes and re-did precalculus and calculus.
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

Yeah, I'm doing some classes out of order.

Math
7th grade - Pre-Algebra
8th Grade - Algebra 1
9th Grade - Geometry
10th Grade - Algebra 2
11th and 12th grade will probably be along the lines of calculus and trig.
Geometry helped with understanding some of Algebra 2! \:D/ Geometry was a breeze! \:D/

Science
8th Grade - Physical Science
9th Grade - Chemistry
10th Grade - Biology
11th Grade will probably be physics
Doing chem before biology made biology seem a lot easier. :p
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

American History because I love to learn about the past, I don't like the teacher very much for the class though!

And/or Physical Science because I love the teacher besides that I could care less about it!
boneablaze
Tallying up

Post by boneablaze »

JesusIsAlive wrote: Doing chem before biology made biology seem a lot easier. :p
I thought the same thing. Doing the "harder" classes first made the "easier" classes just seem all the more easier.