Favorite Subjcts in School

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Favorite Subjcts in School

Post by Fei »

Title says all, what are your favorites and why?

Mine would be English, Art, and Latin.

I strongly dislike Algebra, Science... and well, complicatedness. ;)
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

Hmm... Lunch, recess, and P.E. are my favs! \:D/ If lungh and recess don't count as a subject then it would be: P.E., Literature, and History! \:D/

And I hate Apologia Science... :blah:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yay I mainly always liked history and government! \:D/

I did pretty good in English type things... not that I always enjoyed it completely but I enjoyed writing weird stories whenever we'd get to do something like that. ;)

Science was fun only because we had an awesome teacher, otherwise I'd probably not have been so into that...

Plus we had Bible because I went to a private Christian school and that was usually pretty interesting.

I had good math teachers, and did decent in math, but it was always my weakest and most hated subject. :noway:
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

In high school, science was my favorite subject. Especially chemistry and physics, for they were l33t. also, I feel alone now. ;)

I liked English as well, especially creative writing components. The Tolkien class was possibly the best course I ever took in high school. Ever.

Out of my current classes... well, I really can't say, as all of them are quite enjoyable.
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
Abigail
Crazy lil blondie
Crazy lil blondie

Post by Abigail »

Bertha Olivia wrote:Title says all, what are your favorites and why?

Mine would be English, Art, and Latin.

I strongly dislike Algebra, Science... and well, complicatedness. ;)
Well, I am quite the opposite, I love math and science, and I also love spelling! w00t!

I don't really care for English, I'm not that great at it. :( but I do manage to keep my grades up to an A! \:D/

I can't wait to take my Photography course!
^She is back!! In all her glory!^ For real this time! ;)
actinglove299
Sing in the sunshine

Post by actinglove299 »

I love most math and science. I loved Algebra and Trig, but I am hating Geometry.

I have never liked grammar... it doesn't make sense to me. Reading is awesome, and writing is normally good. Spanish is one of my favorite subjects! I think it makes so much more sense than English.

History is normally boring, but Bible is fun because of debating.
Abigail
Crazy lil blondie
Crazy lil blondie

Post by Abigail »

actinglove299 wrote:I love most math and science. I loved Algebra and Trig, but I am hating Geometry.

I have never liked grammar... it doesn't make sense to me. Reading is awesome, and writing is normally good. Spanish is one of my favorite subjects! I think it makes so much more sense than English.

Sister! :highfive:
^She is back!! In all her glory!^ For real this time! ;)
actinglove299
Sing in the sunshine

Post by actinglove299 »

Abigail wrote:
actinglove299 wrote:I love most math and science. I loved Algebra and Trig, but I am hating Geometry.

Sister! :highfive:
Yay, for sisters! \:D/
boneablaze
Tallying up

Post by boneablaze »

My favorites in highschool were Bible and Math. I was OK at English and Grammar, but not on my favorites. Latin was cool.

In college I've liked my Psychology classes, computer classes and Philosophy classes (because of the debating and critical thinking). Speech was my most dreaded class because it forced me to talk out loud in front of people *shudders*
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

You did Trigonometry before Geometry? :-s

I generally love all my subjects. *hugs her draws full of textbooks* \:D/
don't forget the rain.
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

History, Speech, Drama, Language, and Bible are my favorite subjects. I might even minor or major in History at college! \:D/
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I didn't like school. :mope:
Farrah
Tallying up

Post by Farrah »

Hi,
my fave subject at school are:
maths
english
exams
any sorts.
from farrah.
Katrina
friends forever
friends forever

Post by Katrina »

My favorite classes in school is computer and sighn language :) :p
Katrina
I am an MK and Missionary kids rock!
just a girl!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Band. No contest whatsoever, by far the favorite, keeps me sane ;)

I'm sure I've been enjoying other classes this semester, but I'm at the point in the semester where I'm so bogged down in homework and reading and studying for tests and working on projects and writing papers and preparing presentations that I'm hating school in general and am greatly looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas where I shall get brief respites from the chaos that I'm currently plodding through.
boneablaze
Tallying up

Post by boneablaze »

I feel the same way Jonathan does. With five weeks left to the semester, I'm busy with homework and exams and all that, but also preparing for finals. Of course this five week is going to seem to last an eternity since as soon as I'm done with my last final I'm off to the airport so I can go home for Christmas. About the only nice thing is I have a class I started Thurs for the third five week classes, if I keep going at the rate I am I will be done with ALL of the homework for the class by Tues and that will help me out a lot to have at least one class during this time that I don't need to worry about homework for.
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

As of right now, I don't like any of my subjects. :(
actinglove299
Sing in the sunshine

Post by actinglove299 »

Lucy wrote:
You did Trigonometry before Geometry? :-s

I generally love all my subjects. *hugs her draws full of textbooks* \:D/
Yeah... something about "our brains wern't ready for it before this" or something wierd. I also did Trig and Algebra II in the same year, and Physics first.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I LOVE English and Global Studies.
I Dislike Geometry and P.E. (since I had to take that again this year. I have to take it again next year also. I hate Washington rules. 3 years of P.E., not just two like Oregon...Sheesh!)
And Science is iffy (but not liked), and our Bible class is annoying. I likes last quarter better with the study of Narnia. This quarter... I don't know.

Love, Marisol.
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

I really like History, I am good in English Grammer and Math, but don't like them.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?