626: Life, in the Third Person - Part 1

Review the episode here!

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

How many stars do you rate this episode?

5 stars! GREAT!
60%
4 stars! Very nice!
32%
3 stars - just rather average.
8%
2 stars...it only has a couple redeeming factors.
No votes
1 star. Blech.
No votes

Total votes: 25

Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

626: Life, in the Third Person - Part 1

Post by Laura Ingalls »

So, what did you think of this episode? \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

/globalannouncified.
I thought this was an excellent episode. =D> I loved Mandy talking in the third person. David seemed incredibly bratty in this episode, but that's to be expected. Excellent lesson. Once Mandy started riding her bike in the rain, I had a feeling she was going to crash sooner or later. Five stars!
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

I haven't enjoyed the Mandy series as much, but I thought this one was pretty well made, so I give it four stars.
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

v-lady93 wrote:I haven't enjoyed the Mandy series as much, but I thought this one was pretty well made, so I give it four stars.
I never really got into the Mandy "saga" (if you could call it that) either. I gave this one an avarage.
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

Kairi wrote:/globalannouncified.
I thought this was an excellent episode. =D> I loved Mandy talking in the third person. David seemed incredibly bratty in this episode, but that's to be expected. Excellent lesson. Once Mandy started riding her bike in the rain, I had a feeling she was going to crash sooner or later. Five stars!
I second every single thing stated above. I've loved this whole "Mandy's-Parents-Separating" phase, 5 stars.
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

I never thought I'd say this but Mandy is really starting to get on my nerves... :( Anyway's good episode, sounds like Racheal and Stephen could get back together... hurrah! 4 stars.
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

Being a myspace friend of Miss Aria Curzon. I know some spoilers she told us. This could be the episode she talked about, well all 3 parts.

Well done. I enjoyed it. I liked how at the end God was working by allowing cell phone call to go through. David was bratty, and I felt bad for Mandy.

Good episode. 5 stars, ready for next 2 parts.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah it was actually pretty good.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I love all the thorough, in-depth reviews ya'll are giving. =D>
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

Wow..this was an amazing, but incredibly sad episode. It was sad how Mandy's attitude really changed. Previously, she was still hopeful, and now she's lost all hope. She no longer wants to ask God for things to get better. It liked that Connie tried to counsel Mandy. I liked how the episode explores the effects of the divorce on each member of the family, particularly David and Mrs. Straussberg. Though this episode was sad, I appreciated the harsh reality this episode brought.

When I heard Mandy’s crash, I was really worried that she might be seriously injured, so I was relieved to hear it was only a broken leg. It was really sad to hear how alone she felt in the hospital, away from her parents. I am hoping, however, her crash might bring her parents together. :pray:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I am torn on the direction I want this to go in... I mean yeah realistically, if this was a family I knew in real life I'd want them to patch things up... but there are many, many Christian families that go through divorce so I don't know if I really totally am behind a happy ending to it all since most of the time that's not what actually happens... :-k
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

H Tide wrote:Wow..this was an amazing, but incredibly sad episode. It was sad how Mandy's attitude really changed. Previously, she was still hopeful, and now she's lost all hope. She no longer wants to ask God for things to get better. It liked that Connie tried to counsel Mandy. I liked how the episode explores the effects of the divorce on each member of the family, particularly David and Mrs. Straussberg. Though this episode was sad, I appreciated the harsh reality this episode brought.

When I heard Mandy’s crash, I was really worried that she might be seriously injured, so I was relieved to hear it was only a broken leg. It was really sad to hear how alone she felt in the hospital, away from her parents. I am hoping, however, her crash might bring her parents together. :pray:
I agree. 5/5
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

I was a big fan of this episode, so I gave it a 5 star. I've actaully really enjoyed the Mandy saga, as well. However, I'm not sure that it should end out well, b/c, as it has already been stated, sadly not all christian couples stay together. Wow, I can't wait to hear the next three.
I do what I do.
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

H Tide wrote:Wow..this was an amazing, but incredibly sad episode. It was sad how Mandy's attitude really changed. Previously, she was still hopeful, and now she's lost all hope. She no longer wants to ask God for things to get better. It liked that Connie tried to counsel Mandy. I liked how the episode explores the effects of the divorce on each member of the family, particularly David and Mrs. Straussberg. Though this episode was sad, I appreciated the harsh reality this episode brought.

yeah, that's one of the reasons I liked it.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I liked it. But this time around, David just had to get on my nerves.
I've been getting into Odyssey more (like starting to like the whole Eugene/Dad/Everett thing), and this one caught on too. I thought it was planned out well and the third person thing... not into that. That's what made this a 4. There wasn't much third person in the first place(it being a two part episode), and it was all very... annoying to me even in the third person? I got confused at some places.
But all in all, it was pretty good. I cannot wait for the next part. I wonder what will happen next... hmmm.... THem getting back together... not bad idea...
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

I was shocked to hear Mandy recounting her life in the third person. I was fully expecting Connie to be the protagonist since we're expecting an update on her book this season. So I was surprised, but not at all disappointed to have my prediction proved wrong. Nice way to set up the episode too-- makes it more interesting.

All the storylines (Mandy, Mrs. Straussberg/Mrs. Washington, Mr. Straussberg/David) were decent. The real estate guy was great in a wry way, especially making those comments about his own divorce and about Christians being more accepting of divorce nowadays. I liked Connie as a mentor, sharing her wisdom and experiences with Mandy. Hmm, I wonder if Mandy was wearing a bike helmet.

Good start. Though things are looking up for Mr. and Mrs. Straussberg, I have no idea what will happen. I could see this storyline closing either way. More, hopefully better, thoughts to come next week.
Lucy Pevensie
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Post by Lucy Pevensie »

I'm so glad things are looking up for Mandy's parents . . . or at least, it seems that way.
Need a nice signature/avatar set? Take a look at my shop! :)
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. John 6:37
Lucy is my twin Laura Ingalls = l33t ~*Robin Baggins/Respectahobbit*~