Favorite Disney Traditional Animation Movie

Not counting those horrid sequels! >_>

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Arla
Popsicle kid

Post by Arla »

Beauty and the Beast I guess. I also like The Emperor's New Groove! Hilarilous! I alos like Robin Hood, my Dad always watched it when I was little.
Just smell those burning leaves, the warm baked bread, and the hot apple cider. Ahhh.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

The first movies that came to mind were Beauty and the Beast and the Lion King. 101 Dalmations, Peter Pan, and Cinderella are also great Disney classics, even though I don't watch them that often. I tend to dislike (or at least be apathetic towards) most animated movies that I didn't grow up watching, but Mulan and Emperor's New Groove are two of the few more modern ones that I like.
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

I don't know. :-k I've always like the Hunchback of Notre Dame, just because that was the first movie I ever saw in theaters. \:D/ I assume that's Disney. :anxious:
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

It is Disney... I never saw it myself, though... :anxious:
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

Konservative Kid wrote:Beauty and the Beast I guess. I also like The Emperor's New Groove! Hilarilous! I alos like Robin Hood, my Dad always watched it when I was little.
Emperor's New Groove is always awsomeness!
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Post by Movieman »

jasonjannajerryjohn wrote:
Konservative Kid wrote:Beauty and the Beast I guess. I also like The Emperor's New Groove! Hilarilous! I alos like Robin Hood, my Dad always watched it when I was little.
I really need to see Emperor's New Grove sometime (I've never seen it). It's probably one of the few that I haven't seen :-k .

Yay, I'm finally a published author! Check out my website.
http://www.joshuagrantbooks.com
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

movieman85 wrote:
I really need to see Emperor's New Grove sometime (I've never seen it). It's probably one of the few that I haven't seen :-k .
Awww no way!!! :shock:

The Emperor's New Groove is a MUST see (as in drop what you are doing and drive to Blockbuster to rent it now). It's not necessarily a "classic" as it's mostly slapstick and sarcastic humor with little plot detail. But it's easily the funniest movie Disney has ever made by far and quite possibly the funniest movie ever made period.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Post by Movieman »

STRYPER wrote:
movieman85 wrote:

The Emperor's New Groove is a MUST see (as in drop what you are doing and drive to Blockbuster to rent it now). It's not necessarily a "classic" as it's mostly slapstick and sarcastic humor with little plot detail. But it's easily the funniest movie Disney has ever made by far and quite possibly the funniest movie ever made period.
Wow, that's quite the recommendation. I guess I'll have to trust you and go out and rent it right away... you are a police officer, after all ;).

*adds "The Emporer's New Groove" to his netflix list*

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

movieman85 wrote:
STRYPER wrote:
movieman85 wrote:

Wow, that's quite the recommendation. I guess I'll have to trust you and go out and rent it right away... you are a police officer, after all ;).

Good choice! :D Lately I've been watching some episodes of "Seinfeld" and one of the characters did the voice of one of the Emperor's New Groove characters, and it's funny because it's exactly the same voice and the characters are both just funny to begin with. You won't regret watching the movie!
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

Catspaw wrote:
movieman85 wrote:
STRYPER wrote:
movieman85 wrote:

Good choice! :D Lately I've been watching some episodes of "Seinfeld" and one of the characters did the voice of one of the Emperor's New Groove characters, and it's funny because it's exactly the same voice and the characters are both just funny to begin with. You won't regret watching the movie!
Its good if you like funny one-liners... but it gets old after a while... Like, when you can quote the whole thing front to back from memory... :anxious:

*insert ENG Kuzco diddle here*
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

Catspaw wrote:Good choice! :D Lately I've been watching some episodes of "Seinfeld" and one of the characters did the voice of one of the Emperor's New Groove characters, and it's funny because it's exactly the same voice and the characters are both just funny to begin with. You won't regret watching the movie!
:-s Who?

One of the main Seinfeld characters?
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

*quickly checks IMDB*

Hmm... well it certainly isn't one of the major Seinfeld actors... :-k
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

movieman85 wrote:
STRYPER wrote:
movieman85 wrote:

You must see it because I will say that it is the funniest movie ever made.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

STRYPER wrote:
Catspaw wrote:Good choice! :D Lately I've been watching some episodes of "Seinfeld" and one of the characters did the voice of one of the Emperor's New Groove characters, and it's funny because it's exactly the same voice and the characters are both just funny to begin with. You won't regret watching the movie!

The character is David Puddy - he's credited as being in 11 episodes. If you're somewhat familiar with the show, he's Elaine's boyfriend in the episodes that he's in. I thought that he was in more eps - I must just have seen most of the ones that he's in! The actor is Patrick Warburton and he did the voice of Kronk in The Emperor's New Groove. The voice is exactly the same, and it's very funny!
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Post by Movieman »

So I FINALLY watched "The Emporer's New Groove". It was pretty funny I think. :D

...BEWARE THE GROOVE!

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Catspaw wrote:
STRYPER wrote:

The character is David Puddy - he's credited as being in 11 episodes. If you're somewhat familiar with the show, he's Elaine's boyfriend in the episodes that he's in. I thought that he was in more eps - I must just have seen most of the ones that he's in! The actor is Patrick Warburton and he did the voice of Kronk in The Emperor's New Groove. The voice is exactly the same, and it's very funny!
Yay he replaced Townsend Coleman as the Tick when it went from animated to live action! \:D/
Aslan
Smile for the camera

Post by Aslan »

Robin Hood is good. The lady and the Tramp is a favorite of mine. Jungle Book is probally my favorite

Life is worth living, so live the best life that you can
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

I would have to say that it is a toss up between Beauty and the Beast, Bambi, and Cinderella. I love the songs in Beauty and the Beast and the overall story. I love Bambi because it brings back great memories of my childhood in my old basement. I love Cinderella because I love the magical story and especially when she meets her fairy god mother and the pumpkin changes into a caraige. I'm not even sure. However, if i were to choose any one of those 3 to watch tonight, I would probably choose Beauty and the Beast. So, I guess that's my favorite. . . There are just soo many great disney animated films...
I do what I do.