How many weddings have you been in?

Inspired by S E E R's topic!!!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

HOW MANY!?

1!
47%
2!
21%
3!
11%
4!
5%
5!
5%
6!
No votes
7!
No votes
8!
No votes
10 or more!!!!!
No votes
ZERO!!!!!!!
11%

Total votes: 19

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

How many weddings have you been in?

Post by The Top Crusader »

I'm going to cross my fingers and hope I have everyone beat, but I guess we will see. ;)

I've been in... 7 so far... twice as a ring bearer as a young lad, 4 times as a groomsmen... and once as a groom! :shock: I am scheduled to be a groomsmen once again in the near future but I guess I can't count that yet. ;) And another friend or two of mine will probably have me in their wedding but so far aren't planning on getting married... :anxious:
Last edited by The Top Crusader on Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

I've only been in one...my uncle and aunt's as the flower girl. \:D/

Unless you count being the photographer as being in one :-k

cuz I've been the photographer for two weddings :D
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

I've never been in a wedding. :(
Abigail
Crazy lil blondie
Crazy lil blondie

Post by Abigail »

I have been in three so far. A flower girl in my second bro's 1st wedding as a little girl in, a candle lighter in my cousin's wedding when I was 8 or 9. Then a bridesmaid just this year in June in my oldest bro's second wedding. \:D/ I will probably be in more later on, but none that I know of at the moment. :)
^She is back!! In all her glory!^ For real this time! ;)
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

Do Usher's count?

If not I've only been in one... when I was 5 I was the ring barer (the token cute kid necessary in all weddings to walk down aisle and draw "awwws")
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Just my own. There was talk of others, but luckily I never had to wear any hideous dresses. :D
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

I've been in one! My sister's wedding about two years ago... I think that is the only time I've ever worn make-up... *smirks* :p
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

I haven't been in any yet, but I do have six sibs so... :)
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Two. Once as a ring bearer, and once (a month and a half ago) as a groomsman.
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

I've been to tons. But only participated in one. Two very close friends were getting married, and they stuck all 6 of us kids in their wedding. It was a lot of fun. :anxious:

My brother's getting married in May... But I'm not going to be in that one (imagine! ;) ) ...

So yeah, a grand total of 1! \:D/
don't forget the rain.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I've only been in one...my older brother's wedding was June 2006. Hopefully I'll be in at least 3 more at some point...mine own and my other two siblings. I really don't think I have a chance of being in anyone else's wedding. :)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I haven't been in any, but I've filmed one. \:D/
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
DrummerChick
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by DrummerChick »

Does dancing with the Groom count. No seriously does it. :anxious:
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I think it'd count if the question had been, "Have you been at a wedding?" ;)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

I've been in two! \:D/ I was best man at my brother's wedding and ring bearerish person at my granny's! \:D/
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

I've never been in one. :( Even though I've been to quite a few. \:D/
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Why isn't zero an option?! :'(
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

One. Soon to be too. I was a flower girl when my Grandma and Grandpa renewed their vows. The second one is my cousin's (it's in July), and we get to dress up as science fiction/fantasy characters. My cousin's going to be Galadriel, and I can't decide between Eowyn, a Disney Princess, or a handmaiden from SW. I can't wait nonetheless. I'm reading something. \:D/
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Dr. Watson wrote:I've been in two! \:D/ I was best man at my brother's wedding and ring bearerish person at my granny's! \:D/
Aaah! I forgot my granny's wedding! :mad: I stood by her and held her bouquet during the ceremony. Now I can't change my vote to 2. :(
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Abigail
Crazy lil blondie
Crazy lil blondie

Post by Abigail »

Lol, you know whats funny? I have only been one of the guests in 1 wedding, that one was held at our church here, and I must say that was a very odd wedding. 3 flower girls, 5 bridesmaids, 5 groomsmen (including the maid of honor and best man I think, but I'm not sure) and a ring bearer, plus the bride, groom and the preacher. It was a feasco.
You would just have to meet the people to understand why this was so weird, they were the trashy type (no offence) they smoked and cussed and all that stuff.
about an hour or so before the wedding, the powerline behind our church blew out and the electricity went out, no lights, no air, no nothing (mind you this was in July...hot) that to me was like a bad omen saying "don't do this! Don't get married!"
The attendence was hardly twenty (counting my mother, me, the pastor, his wife and their son, we had helped out with our friend who was one of the bridesmaids and her girls were two of the flower girls)
The power was back on about 30 min after the wedding was supposed to be.
The ceremony was like no other.
The bestman was up there taking funny shots with a camera with one of the groomsmen and laughing outloud (I said loud).
They didn't even know what to do, because they fought at the dress rehersal!
I'm telling ya, it was weird! But it was funny, the five of us sat on the back row, trying very hard not to laugh out loud. :rofl2: it was crazy.
^She is back!! In all her glory!^ For real this time! ;)