What foods do you dislike with a passion?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

I tried my hand at making hush puppies a few weeks ago... they were... interesting... Actually, I didn't like them at all. :anxious:
don't forget the rain.
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

boneablaze wrote:
v-lady93 wrote:
JesusIsAlive wrote:
Garfield wrote:Hush Puppies (sp?) Ew! They're pretty nasty.....
Yeah, I don't like those either... :noway:
Some are ok.....
It's odd. Many of the foods that seem the least popular here are some of my all-time favorites.

I could make a steady diet off of hush puppies if given the chance. But you have to drown the things in vinager to make them REALLY good (yes, I know, I'm strange. It's about time you all learn that about me). I've been known to eat 12 of them in one sitting, in addition to whatever meal I got at Logn John Silver's. I also like mayonaise, however I make my own at home as I don't like store-bought mayonaise. Also, no meal is complete without onions :yum: And tobasco sauce. :yum: :yum:
I despise Tabasco sauce, unless it's used correctly. It has to be mixed in, not just poured on my meal. My grandfather uses it on almost everything. :sick:
Agentpaw
Eh, whats up doc?

Post by Agentpaw »

I find liver completely disgusting! :sick:

Although I've never tried it, but when my Dad offered some to our dog... uh, he ran away. And if our dog didn't accept liver, I won't ether. :bolt:
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

How can people not like hush puppies and onions???!!! :thud: They are so good!

I dislike certain veggies like asparagus, lima beans, and broccoli but not with a passion. I can eat them if they're served. ;) I also generally dislike seafood, but I've found that I actually enjoy certain non-fishy fried fish fillets. Popcorn shrimp is okay too, since they're mostly breading. :)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

Laura Ingalls wrote:How can people not like hush puppies and onions???!!! :thud: They are so good!
:noway: Hush puppies are almost tasteless... except that they're not. And the taste that they have isn't any good. And onions... well, they even have a gross name. :anxious:
Laura Ingalls wrote:I dislike certain veggies like asparagus, lima beans, and broccoli but not with a passion. I can eat them if they're served. ;) I also generally dislike seafood, but I've found that I actually enjoy certain non-fishy fried fish fillets. Popcorn shrimp is okay too, since they're mostly breading. :)

Remind me again how fish can be non-fishy? :-k
don't forget the rain.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Hush puppies are gross because they have onions in them. :noway:

While they aren't as horrid as onions, lima beans are pretty useless as well. :noway:
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

Brussel sprouts and turnips are nasty too. And... I HAAAAAAATE cambusha tea... :xx: (its a fancy name for mushroom tea... tastes like vinegar... :xx: )
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Lucy wrote:
Laura Ingalls wrote:I dislike certain veggies like asparagus, lima beans, and broccoli but not with a passion. I can eat them if they're served. ;) I also generally dislike seafood, but I've found that I actually enjoy certain non-fishy fried fish fillets. Popcorn shrimp is okay too, since they're mostly breading. :)

Remind me again how fish can be non-fishy? :-k
By not having an overly fishy taste. :noway: It's well known that certain types of seafood have less of a fishy flavor than others...so there. ;)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

I'm with Laura, hush puppies are awesome :D

Besides, I always liked him best:
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

*smirks* :p

Come to think of it, the worst food on the whole planet is probably liver... :xx:
boneablaze
Tallying up

Post by boneablaze »

Yes: Liver is definately the world's food on the whole planet. It's the one food I don't like and have a lot of trouble managing to eat if someone else serves it. It's disgusting.

Turnups. Eh, I don't like them enough to make them when I'm cooking, but I can tolerate them if someone else is cooking and serves them (though I don't remember the last time anyone I knew served turnups).

Agentpaw: it's always a good idea to not eat food that a dog dosen't accept. Espicially if you're offering it to my dog. He's like my own personal garbage disposal (and vacuume cleaner). I haven't yet found a human food that he dosen't like or won't eat.

Garfield: It appears we feel the same about spam *gags just thinking about the fact that there are people who eat that stuff*. My parents love it. I can't even stand the smell of it. *looks at her above statement about liver* I'm going to have to think a while before I figure out if spam is worse than liver or if liver is actually worse than spam.
Last edited by boneablaze on Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DrummerChick
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by DrummerChick »

WatchaCall wrote:
JesusIsAlive wrote:I can't stand really salty foods, onion, or really nasty vegetables... :sick:
I like nasty vegetables! :yum:
Except tomatoes. Too squishy.
I like tomatos;D
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Vegetables... :-
plastic_smile
Gold Member

Post by plastic_smile »

Avocados!!! :sick: :sick: :sick:
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

Peas,Brussel sprouts and mushrooms
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Post by Movieman »

Laura Ingalls wrote:How can people not like hush puppies and onions???!!! :thud: They are so good!
Although I'm not a fan of hush puppies, I definitely agree with you Laura on Onions. I like them best when I'm cooking beef stew in my crock pot and I throw some in with the stew, then they just soak up the broth and soften up
=P~ .

Anyways, I REALLY dislike cheese (especially the hot melted version). Sometimes I'll actually start gagging if I get within a few feet of melted cheese (you know, the kind where you can smell it from across the room).

Yay, I'm finally a published author! Check out my website.
http://www.joshuagrantbooks.com
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Asparagus..>_>
...I hate marquees.