Cooking!

Discuss.

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

Rosie Cotton wrote:
v-lady93 wrote:
Arwen Undomiel wrote:I don't refuse free food! =P~ 'Specially not something thats mainly sugar... :anxious:
Amen to that! :D
Double amen!

I am gonna look up a recipe for a cake from scratch to make today. I'll let ya'll know how it turns out cuz I have never made one from scratch before, just box cake mixes. :)
:thud:

never made one from scratch!?!?

;)

Making food from scratch is fun, and much more rewarding imo. \:D/
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

Gilraen wrote:
Rosie Cotton wrote:
v-lady93 wrote:
Arwen Undomiel wrote:I don't refuse free food! =P~ 'Specially not something thats mainly sugar... :anxious:
Double amen!

I am gonna look up a recipe for a cake from scratch to make today. I'll let ya'll know how it turns out cuz I have never made one from scratch before, just box cake mixes. :)

;)

I agree! When baking for cake contests, the cakes made from scratch always win for best tasting! \:D/
Abigail
Crazy lil blondie
Crazy lil blondie

Post by Abigail »

Arwen Undomiel wrote:
Gilraen wrote:
Rosie Cotton wrote:
v-lady93 wrote:
Double amen!

;)

I agree! When baking for cake contests, the cakes made from scratch always win for best tasting! \:D/
I know.
I have made cookies from scratch, and today I am making real mashed potatos, not instant. :)
^She is back!! In all her glory!^ For real this time! ;)
Mincy
Smile for the camera

Post by Mincy »

I almost always make stuff from scratch, only sometimes I use a cake mix if I'm in a hurry.
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

Rosie Cotton wrote: I know.
I have made cookies from scratch, and today I am making real mashed potatos, not instant. :)
Wow. You know something that I just now realized? My mom has never bought instant mashed potatoes o_O I've never made them O_O

I've always made them from scratch :-k

wow. Never thought about that...
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
servant*girl
Not as new

Post by servant*girl »

I LOVE to cook! And bake. It's a way of having fun and allowing others to enjoy one of the senses God has given them.

I used to sell Pampered Chef kitchen products. But the company was sold out to a man that is very abortion-minded and I didn't want any of the money I was making for the company to be used for abortions.

There was a lot of the Christians and Catholics that resigned because of it. A lot of us still pray for the man who is responsible - his name is Warren Buffett.

I still miss selling the products, meeting lots of wonderful people, the paycheck (!) and the free vacations we had. But God knows best and I believe He will honor us standing for His principles.

Long way to say - YES, I love to cook!
Success is to stand in the presence of God, unashamed.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

servant*girl wrote:I used to sell Pampered Chef kitchen products. But the company was sold out to a man that is very abortion-minded and I didn't want any of the money I was making for the company to be used for abortions.

There was a lot of the Christians and Catholics that resigned because of it. A lot of us still pray for the man who is responsible - his name is Warren Buffett.

I still miss selling the products, meeting lots of wonderful people, the paycheck (!) and the free vacations we had. But God knows best and I believe He will honor us standing for His principles.
I didn't know that! I love Pampered Chef products! :(
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

Oh noes! :thud:

I LOVE Pampered Chef products! \:D/
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

:yes: I knew that about pampered chefs... its rather sad what direction this world is going in. :(
Farrah
Tallying up

Post by Farrah »

Hi,
I love cooking and I do cooking.
From farrah.
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Post by Movieman »

I went through cooking school and I'm a certified chef.

Yay, I'm finally a published author! Check out my website.
http://www.joshuagrantbooks.com
Abigail
Crazy lil blondie
Crazy lil blondie

Post by Abigail »

Laura Ingalls wrote:
servant*girl wrote:I used to sell Pampered Chef kitchen products. But the company was sold out to a man that is very abortion-minded and I didn't want any of the money I was making for the company to be used for abortions.

I didn't know that! I love Pampered Chef products! :(
Me too! Man that makes me mad.

Tuesday night I made an Angel food cake, and it was hard to make. And though everyone else in my family like it, I didn't. to me it just didn't taste very good. :( Oh well, you can't do everything right the first time.
^She is back!! In all her glory!^ For real this time! ;)