Halloween

for y'all who do it

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Dakota Bud
I've been here a bit

Post by Dakota Bud »

Pippin wrote:Running around in a silly costume and begging for candy, IMO is not devil worshipping. Yet, that's getting off topic.
when you are participating in the appearance of evil, the devil is pleased & God is mocked
GO MARINES
OOH RAH

I'm a Private Detective in the Town of Odyssey
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Dakota_Bud wrote:
Pippin wrote:Running around in a silly costume and begging for candy, IMO is not devil worshipping. Yet, that's getting off topic.
when you are participating in the appearance of evil, the devil is pleased & God is mocked
ahem, yeah, just b/c someone goes trick or treating doesn't mean they are dressed as something...well, evil, and it doesn't mean they are mocking God.

And I'll throw this in as credentials---I don't condone the celebration of Halloween. There. I'm on your side.

But your argument is kinda weak, and extreme to the point of turning people off before they can even consider where you are coming from.
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

>.< We have this discussion every single year! *sigh*

I like pumpkins? :anxious:
don't forget the rain.
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher
Location: Chillin. Probably sniffing your connection for passwords \:D/

Post by Azariah Ben Yaakov »

Jonathan wrote:
Dakota_Bud wrote:
ahem, yeah, just b/c someone goes trick or treating doesn't mean they are dressed as something...well, evil, and it doesn't mean they are mocking God.

And I'll throw this in as credentials---I don't condone the celebration of Halloween. There. I'm on your side.

But your argument is kinda weak, and extreme to the point of turning people off before they can even consider where you are coming from.
I agree with Jon here, Because who is to say what the appearance of evil is? Did the bible not say that The Devil was a beautiful fallen angel? Surely that does not mean he looks terrible, like a ghost, or a generalized view of a demon ;).

However I do not agree with Halloweens concept either.

But this is rather off topic ;)
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Ryan wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
Dakota_Bud wrote:

I agree with Jon here, Because who is to say what the appearance of evil is? Did the bible not say that The Devil was a beautiful fallen angel? Surely that does not mean he looks terrible, like a ghost, or a generalized view of a demon ;).

Offtopic again, but the Bible said that the devil was beautiful before the rebellion, not after.
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher
Location: Chillin. Probably sniffing your connection for passwords \:D/

Post by Azariah Ben Yaakov »

Jonathan wrote:
Ryan wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
Dakota_Bud wrote:

Offtopic again, but the Bible said that the devil was beautiful before the rebellion, not after.
But did it note any changes?

lol. Its awesome how offtopic we get \:D/
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

Lucy wrote:>.< We have this discussion every single year! *sigh*

Liking pumkins isn't wrong. They aren't a Halloween decoration, they are a fall decoration that people sometimes use as a halloween decoration.

Personally, I love pumpkins.

And the discusion of weither halloween is evil or not isn't necessarily off topic, because we are still talking about halloween.

My brother believes that halloween and trick-or-treating is bad, but I think it really depends on how you do it.

Everyone here does know what the definition of Halloween is, right?
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

Garfield wrote:
Lucy wrote:>.< We have this discussion every single year! *sigh*

Liking pumkins isn't wrong. They aren't a Halloween decoration, they are a fall decoration that people sometimes use as a halloween decoration.

Personally, I love pumpkins.
That... was actually my point. But yeah. Anyway. \:D/
don't forget the rain.
Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle

Post by Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle »

I don't do halloween.

Most of you know it has demonic and spiritual undertones.

I have no need to spicify.

wooo! on a post spree to get money
[/i]
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Rosie Cotton wrote:Same here! Though I like to eat candy! Just because you don't celeabrate Halloween doesn't mean you can't eat candy! :yum:
Yay for after Halloween candy sales!!! :D
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I don't like Halloween, but I will admit I will dress up because it's one of the few times I don't have wear my work uniform.
Dakota Bud
I've been here a bit

Post by Dakota Bud »

Gandalf the Grey wrote: Satan = Santa

You just rearrange the letters.

Thus Christmas is evil, too. :noway:
Christ mas is not evil it is Christ's Birthday

Santa has nothing to do with Christmas
Last edited by Dakota Bud on Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GO MARINES
OOH RAH

I'm a Private Detective in the Town of Odyssey
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

Dakota_Bud wrote:Santa has nothing to do with Christmas
Doesn't he? Saint Nicholas? Or, whatever... The spirit of giving, and all that? :anxious:
don't forget the rain.
PJ
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: wandering in the desert, searching for my promised land

Post by PJ »

Halloween, what's that?

Am I supposed to know of it?

;)

To participate is to condone. It should be ignored. We should pray in private for the occult and the victims though.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

See I'm not going to say that Halloween is a good thing, but in the 80's a bunch of Christian leaders listened to a bunch of weirdos like Mike Warnke who made all sorts of claims of being a high priest of Satan and knowing about all this Satanic ritual stuff that went on at Halloween... human sacrifices and stuff... but it eventually came out that all the stuff was made up, and while certainly there is a Satan and he has his followers, there really isn't the organized evil organization that some Christians would have you believe, because a lot of them are still going off the wacky things made up by people trying to make money with sensational stories! \:D/ Also a lot of the history with druids and stuff has been greatly exaggerated and completely made up. ;)
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

I like the movie "Nightmare Before Christmas."
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

My family usually hands out hot chocolate to the kids that come to our door. Some years we just refuse to answer the door. :)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I put poison or little razor blades in candy and hand it out! \:D/

Sometimes broken glass if I don't have any razor blades lying around. :-k
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Wow... H Tide, I was going to say I was surprised that you could still hand out something homemade, but it appears Top has already provided the reason why it isn't done anymore in the US! And people used to make yummy popcorn balls too... :mope:
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

We always closed the drapes and hid a back room. :anxious:

Of note: Halloween rearranged, spells Whale Noel. :-k