**NEW GAME** The Matrix

Similar to Werewolf & Who's the Boss

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
Blipadouzi
Catspaw Rocks!

**NEW GAME** The Matrix

Post by Blipadouzi »

Sign-up

Sign-up for this game is not limited to any fixed number...registrations will remain open until Saturday September 22nd 10am EST. I will PM everyone with the relevant information once registration has passed. I'd also like to thank a donor (who will remain anonymous until they tell me I can mention their name) for contributing the ToO dollars for the prize money.

Explanation

"The Matrix Game" is a game I've conceived by combining many of the principles behind "The Werewolf Game" that JiA introduced and "Who's the Boss" that Christina S introduced. As this is a newly conceived game there may be some unforseen glitches...I apologise for them (if any appear) and the appropriate changes will be made for the next game. I will be acting as moderator & arbitrator. I realise it may seem a little complicated at first, but the complicated things are really for me as moderator, the game play is fairly simple and straightforward.

The Players

The players are divided into two groups: Agents and Users.

The One (user)
The Oracle (user)
The Users (user)
The Agents (agent)
Agent Smith (agent)

The One

The One is the saviour of mankind from the machine world. The Users are pooling all of their resources to try and find him. No one knows who he is, not even himself and mankind's fate rests in his hands.

The Oracle

The Oracle has the ability to look into the soul of a person, and though they know the identity of The One...The Oracle will not always be direct in identifying him/her. No one knows who this is.

The Users

The Users are a group of humans that have been freed from The Matrix and are fighting to find The One to rescue mankind from slavery to the machine race.

The Agents

The Agents are members of the machine world who will stop at nothing to keep The One from being found...this includes deceiving people, arresting them and worse. The Users are aware of their existence, but do not know who they are. Only The One has the ability to kill an Agent.

Agent Smith

Agent Smith is an Agent set apart by The Matrix as a "False Prophet" to mislead the Users into thinking that he is The One. The Agents do what they can to mislead the Users into following him. Agent Smith also has the ability to turn any one User into an agent at any point in the game, however he can only do this once (done by PMing the moderator). The Users are aware of his existence, but do not know who he/she is. Only The One has the ability to kill Agent Smith.

Goal

The goal for the Users is to discover who The One is before they are all imprisoned. No one knos who The One is.
The goal for the Agents is to try and arrest all of the users.

Voting

There are 4 phases to the game.

Seeking

Everyone in the game votes for who they think is The One. Once a majority is reached that user is identified for what they are. If The One is found, the users win...anyone else simply allows users to know who is who.

Arrests

During the download phase the Agent PM the Moderator who they would like to "arrest"...the Agents cannot discuss this amongst themselves, this is a discrete andanonymous vote. At the same time, The Oracle PMs the Moderator to request the identity of one player. If The One is arrested before he knows he is The One, then he runs the chance of being imprisoned or released...of course if he'simprisoned, the Agents win. If The One is arrested when he knows he is The One, the arresting Agent is eliminated.

Confrontation

If The Seer discovers the identity of The One, they can tell The One who they are, but no one else may know. The One & The Seer are bound to secrecy. At this point a new phase comes into play where The One confronts a user of his/her choosing. If the person he confronts is an Agent, that Agent is eliminated...if the player is a User, The One reveals himself to them...but again, no one else may know.

Releases

Once the votes are cast, all the arrests are made and the Agents then discuss amongst themselves who they would like to imprison for life and the rest are released.

Privacy

To keep the game fun and interesting, please do not PM anyone about the game except the Agents during the Release phase.

Prizes

The prizes are simple...you will receive $100 for every round you survive. Survivors of the winning team will be given an additional $500.
Last edited by Blipadouzi on Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

I'll play!
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

I'll...play... :anxious: .........but don't get mad if I get totally lost!
Blipadouzi
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Blipadouzi »

Player's list wrote:Registrations will remain open until Saturday September 22nd 10am EST.

JJJJ
v-lady93
Sonshinegirl
Shining for the Son
Shining for the Son

Post by Sonshinegirl »

I'll play! (And I'll probaly figure all this out as we go...)
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

I'll give it a go...

EDIT:Um... could someone delete that post down there? I can't seem to do it...

EDIT:Oh... never mind. It just disappeared.
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

I will definitely play! This is an awesome idear, my friend! :D
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Blipadouzi
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Blipadouzi »

Player's list wrote:Registrations will remain open until Saturday September 22nd 10am EST.

JJJJ
v-lady93
Sonshinegirl
Smaug the dragon
Christina S
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

This looks cool, I'll join.
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Mincy
Smile for the camera

Post by Mincy »

I'll Play.
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

Sounds great... I'll play.
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
Blipadouzi
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Blipadouzi »

JJJJ
v-lady93
Sonshinegirl
Smaug the dragon
Christina S
danadelfos
Mincypaw
Elf of Rivendell
Sonshinegirl
Shining for the Son
Shining for the Son

Post by Sonshinegirl »

So when can we start???
Blipadouzi
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Blipadouzi »

Sonshinegirl wrote:So when can we start???
blipadouzi wrote:registrations will remain open until Saturday September 22nd 10am EST. I will PM everyone with the relevant information once registration has passed.
:D
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

Looks fun, I'll play!
Elisha
Not as new

Post by Elisha »

I would play, but I going to DisneyLand for a week.
](*,)
Blipadouzi
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Blipadouzi »

Elisha wrote:I would play, but I going to DisneyLand for a week.
](*,)
Well, have fun @ DL, and maybe you'll be back in time for the next game. :D
Last edited by Blipadouzi on Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Abigail
Crazy lil blondie
Crazy lil blondie

Post by Abigail »

I'll play!
^She is back!! In all her glory!^ For real this time! ;)
Blipadouzi
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Blipadouzi »

JJJJ
v-lady93
Sonshinegirl
Smaug the dragon
Christina S
danadelfos
Mincypaw
Elf of Rivendell
Bertha Olivia
Abigail
Sonshinegirl
Shining for the Son
Shining for the Son

Post by Sonshinegirl »

blipadouzi wrote:
Sonshinegirl wrote:So when can we start???
blipadouzi wrote:registrations will remain open until Saturday September 22nd 10am EST. I will PM everyone with the relevant information once registration has passed.
:D
Ok thanks! :D