What would you like to see happen before AIO ends?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Catspaw wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:
-Bennett Charles wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:Well, he sang as "Buddy Lewis" in LCD. :-k
Makes sence. It was the same guy that was in 'The Black Veil' going insane, come to think of it, was it not?
Indeed, you are correct. That's how I recognized Jess Harnell's voice in the first place while listening to LCD... it was like, Hey! The crazy guy from 'The Black Veil' is back!
You mean the cable guy? :-s I thought that Townsend Coleman played the cable guy.
I don't remember who the cable guy was (thus, I can't recall who voiced him), but I do remember Jess Harnell voiced "Mickey."
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Trent DeWhite wrote: Yeah, that's Jerry Houser. His and Jess' voices are fairly dinstinct. :-k
I didn't mean that I thought Jess Harnell played Ben Shepard and Wooton, btw. You know, just incase you did...

I just thought that Jerry Houser (I usually remember his name) played Buddy Lewis...but not entirely sure.

What do you mean by distinct? From each other, or from everyone else's? (Obviously the latter...but...)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

-Bennett Charles wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:Yeah, that's Jerry Houser. His and Jess' voices are fairly dinstinct. :-k
I didn't mean that I thought Jess Harnell played Ben Shepard and Wooton, btw. You know, just incase you did...
Naw, I knew you didn't mean that. ;)

Dinstinct from each other, in my opinion. However, depending on the character, tone, mood, setting, I can see how one could them mixed up. :-k
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
Catspaw wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:
-Bennett Charles wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:Well, he sang as "Buddy Lewis" in LCD. :-k
Makes sence. It was the same guy that was in 'The Black Veil' going insane, come to think of it, was it not?
Indeed, you are correct. That's how I recognized Jess Harnell's voice in the first place while listening to LCD... it was like, Hey! The crazy guy from 'The Black Veil' is back!
You mean the cable guy? :-s I thought that Townsend Coleman played the cable guy.
I don't remember who the cable guy was (thus, I can't recall who voiced him), but I do remember Jess Harnell voiced "Mickey."
The guy who comes to set up the new channels at the house where Jason is staying, and later throws a TV out the window, and then talks to Jason in the closet after he says something about how "they" are trying to take over the city. He's a minor character.

I didn't know that Jess Harnell did the voice of Mickey! *goes to listen to The Black Veil*
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Catspaw wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:I don't remember who the cable guy was (thus, I can't recall who voiced him), but I do remember Jess Harnell voiced "Mickey."
The guy who comes to set up the new channels at the house where Jason is staying, and later throws a TV out the window, and then talks to Jason in the closet after he says something about how "they" are trying to take over the city. He's a minor character.
That was Townsend Coleman? Quite possibly, I guess. I honestly can't remember what the cable guy sounded like, so I wouldn't know. :-k
Catspaw wrote:I didn't know that Jess Harnell did the voice of Mickey! *goes to listen to The Black Veil*
You didn't? :shock:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
Catspaw wrote:I didn't know that Jess Harnell did the voice of Mickey! *goes to listen to The Black Veil*
You didn't? :shock:
You didn't know about the cable guy! ;) Shouldn't I be allowed to slip up now and then as well? :-s

I haven't listened to The Black Veil for a while - if I had listened more recently, I might have noticed and remembered. I usually catch different voices by the voice actors, though not always.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

:o I'd never noticed that was Jess Harnell in "The Black Veil"! I didn't notice the first time I listened to "Mystery of the Lost Voices" either but when I listened again another time it was obvious that both Jess Harnell AND Townsend Coleman were on there. O:)

Jerry Houser has a very distinctive voice. :-k He does Isaac Morton's dad, Ben Shepard, and Jellyfish. I don't think he ever changes his voice that much. I've heard Jerry Houser in a commercial on the radio and his voice sounds exactly the same. There was no reason for him to be "changing" it in the commercial. :-k
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Jerry Houser played Philip's dad in one episode of McGee and Me (In the Nick of Time) and he did the voice of the Toaster, as well as several random animated characters on the Drea Thomas/Secret Adventures movies, and he sounds pretty much the same in all of them, too.

It took me a while to connect Jellyfish and Ben Shepherd, because I wasn't expecting it, but when I did notice, I couldn't believe that it took me so long! They really sound almost identical, but since the characters are so different and belong to different eras of AIO, they seem more different than they are.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Catspaw wrote:Jerry Houser played Philip's dad in one episode of McGee and Me (In the Nick of Time) and he did the voice of the Toaster, as well as several random animated characters on the Drea Thomas/Secret Adventures movies, and he sounds pretty much the same in all of them, too.
I'd agree. It took me quite a while to connect the voices with the faces. In fact, I don't even remember if I read it somewhere or I simply made the connection without finding out who voiced/acted the corresponding characters. :-k

Perhaps I found out the same way I discovered Nick Martin was played by the same guy (Joe Dammann) who voiced Eric Myers. Hasn't Elizabeth Martin (played by Vaughn Taylor) also voiced for Adventures in Odyssey?
popcornqu33n
Gold Member
Location: Outside drinking a cool glass of pepermint lemonade

Post by popcornqu33n »

Monday wrote:Connie get married to Jason and have a baby. :D
Are you KIDDING? I want Connie to get married to Mitch. Now don't critisize....It is just my opinion.

:D
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Hasn't Elizabeth Martin (played by Vaughn Taylor) also voiced for Adventures in Odyssey?
I think that she was Detective Ethan in The Perfect Witness, wasn't she? Was she somebody else as well?
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Catspaw wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:Hasn't Elizabeth Martin (played by Vaughn Taylor) also voiced for Adventures in Odyssey?
I think that she was Detective Ethan in The Perfect Witness, wasn't she? Was she somebody else as well?
She has also played Mrs. Sellars (Zachary's mom) and Elaine Mulligan. :)
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I thought it was Tracy Mulligan... :-k *goes to look it up*
EDIT:
AIOHQ says Traci Mulligan. Isn't Zach's mom Eileen?
Fletcher
Hexadecimal teenager
Location: Smallville, Kansas, with regular commutes to Odyssey, Ohio

Post by Fletcher »

Isn't it Townsend Coleman who played the cable guy in "The Black Veil"? I'm sure I read that somewhere. I think it was Jess Harnell that played Mickey, though.
EUGENE IS BACK!!!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Chandler wrote:I thought it was Tracy Mulligan... :-k *goes to look it up*
EDIT:
AIOHQ says Traci Mulligan. Isn't Zach's mom Eileen?
Oops. It appears I got them mixed up. Oh well. :shrugs:

At any rate, it's cool being able to match the face with the voice. \:D/