Meeting Odyssey

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Rachel Maxwell
Classic

Meeting Odyssey

Post by Rachel Maxwell »

Ever run into somebody and think 'They look just like Connie' until they open their mouth? It's the weirdest thing and the more I look for it, the more it happens to me. I met a guy the other day that looked like Richard Maxwell. (OK, I noticed mainly because he had the striped pants and all, but he did.) Ever happen to you?
Britt-Votin' went off real smooth. Not but one shootin', and that turned out to be just a flesh wound.
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Haha! I know this guy that sorta reminds me of the way I picture Richard Maxwell and he kind of sounds like him too!
whitetigerswt
Tallying up

Post by whitetigerswt »

not yet maybe i will :D

Isaiah 30:21
rickyderocher
My posts are revolutionary

Post by rickyderocher »

I do that, but mostly with Whit. I walk into a grocery store or someplace and then sometimes will see somebody and then think "Hmmm... That guy looks kind of like Whit."
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

Nope. Never happened to me, but I have heard people that sound like someone. I was at the NCFCA National chapionship, and one of the men who spoke there sounded exactly like Tom Riley. But he didn't really look like Tom.
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Ok, there are like lots of people at my church who remind me of someone on AIO! It's hilarious!!!

let's see there's

"Connie"
"Bernard"
"Eugene" :rofl:
"Richard Maxwell"

and there may be a few more that I just can't remember...
:-k

oh! I remembered someone else! This guy at a restaurant reminded me of how I imagine Wooten!!! ......Except that he wasn't as fat as Wooten is supposed to be. :(

......ok, who agrees with me that Wooten should only have a little bit of a belly! It annoys me!!!!!!! ](*,)
Last edited by V-lady on Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LadyCordelia
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by LadyCordelia »

Angel wrote:Nope. Never happened to me, but I have heard people that sound like someone. I was at the NCFCA National chapionship, and one of the men who spoke there sounded exactly like Tom Riley. But he didn't really look like Tom.
That has never happened to me either...now probably I will start. Thanks ya'll!
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

There is a guy at my church who looks like I imagined Cryin' Brian Dern to look like. :anxious:
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Yeah, I had that happen once to me. I was in a dam in Arizona, and I thought this guy on the tour sounded like one of the producers. I was tempted to ask his name, but I didn't want to become stupid right there on the spot, speaking to a total stranger. Not like it wasn't that far from L.A. or Colorado Springs.
I've also seen people who I think is Maxwell, or sometimes it's other people, I jsut can't put names to faces right now. THen I hear names and think they are exactly like the characters off Odyssey. I know 5 Richards and 4 Rachels, and I think my cousin counts as the Rachel off Odyssey. And every Richard I know does not have any characteristics to Maxwell, and my dad does come close, he's done things like blowing up a fish pond and hacking things, knows his way around the US government, and can get my class into seeing the White House, making my teacher the happiest person ever, but yeah, close characteristics, but NEVER going to be the same.

Love, Marisol.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

There's someone at my church named Connie Kendall--I served her once at work and asked if she'd heard of AIO. She had, but only b/c other people had asked b/c of her name.
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

I alas have never seen anyone who reminded me of anyone... :anxious:
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
LadyCordelia
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by LadyCordelia »

v-lady93 wrote:......ok, who agrees with me that Wooten should only have a little bit of a belly! It annoys me!!!!!!! ](*,)
I would totally agree with that...Wooten only has a little belly...he is not that fat (in my humblest of humble opinions)
prplrane_13
Not as new

Post by prplrane_13 »

Yeah, I know some one who sounds just like Eugene, well at least I used to know him. His voice has changed since the last time I saw him so I don't know if he still does.
Do you know what one of those things can do? It can suck all the paint off of your house and give your family perminant orange afro's!
Rachel Maxwell
Classic

Post by Rachel Maxwell »

LadyCordelia wrote:
v-lady93 wrote:......ok, who agrees with me that Wooten should only have a little bit of a belly! It annoys me!!!!!!! ](*,)
I would totally agree with that...Wooten only has a little belly...he is not that fat (in my humblest of humble opinions)

I way agree. I actually think Wooten looks like Jess Harnell except blonde.
Britt-Votin' went off real smooth. Not but one shootin', and that turned out to be just a flesh wound.
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

Rachel Maxwell wrote:
LadyCordelia wrote:

I think Wooten is a very thin man with blonde hair that looks kinda geekie.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
Arla
Popsicle kid

Post by Arla »

Actually I happend to me the other way around. I was walking through the Air force Museum gift shop while on vacation and I heard a girl that sounded exactly like Donna Barclay! She didn't look like her or anything, but she definitly sounded right.
Just smell those burning leaves, the warm baked bread, and the hot apple cider. Ahhh.
WatchaCall
Animatronic

Post by WatchaCall »

rickyderocher wrote:I do that, but mostly with Whit. I walk into a grocery store or someplace and then sometimes will see somebody and then think "Hmmm... That guy looks kind of like Whit."
There are a lot of people around that fit Whit's profile!
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Yep. :yes:
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

prplrane_13 wrote:Yeah, I know some one who sounds just like Eugene, well at least I used to know him. His voice has changed since the last time I saw him so I don't know if he still does.
Hey, prplrane_13, want to explain who it was? You never specified at school.(Who the guys name was, not if it was Eugene or not!)

Oh! Guess what? I think I found the perfect match for Billy Mcpherson. Let's see, I was at Lowes, and my dad walked up to come guy name Michael. He even lives near me, but we've never met. He had red-brown-blonde hair, and even sounded like Billy. It was so funny. It took me about 10 seconds to tell and I knew I had found the perfect Billy. It was cool.

Yup, that's me. love, Marisol.
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

jasonjannajerryjohn wrote:
Rachel Maxwell wrote:
LadyCordelia wrote:

I think Wooten is a very thin man with blonde hair that looks kinda geekie.
I think Wooten is a thin/average guy who is medium height with brown hair.