Which Saga is Better?

Blackgaard or Novacom

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Which Saga is Better?

The Dr. Blackgaard Saga
65%
The Novacom Saga
35%

Total votes: 54

Waluigi Freak 99
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Waluigi Freak 99 »

Huh? When was Blackgaard only after Odyssey? He was an international terrorist who probably planned to hold entire nations hostage with a deadly virus. He was after military secrets that he could sell on the black market. What were Novacom's goals? Brainwashing people into buying their potato chips?

Blackgaard and Novacom take up the same amount of albums, too. But albums are hardly anything, since one of Novacom's albums only had three episodes devoted to Novacom, so episodes are really what matter. Novacom has 30 episodes total, and Blackgaard has 33, including "Blackgaard's Revenge". And there were several episodes in Blackgaard that pointed to the future, including "Eugene's Dilemma", "The Good, the Bad, and the Butch", "A Name, Not a Number", "The Homecoming", and many, many more. And the Novacom "hints" were never meant to point to anything; they were just worked into a storyline to explain away the absence of Eugene and Katrina.

So I really don't see where you're coming from.
Everything written in this post is false.
Fan Of AIO
Not as new

Post by Fan Of AIO »

There are things I enjoy about both sagas. If I had to choose between them, I would have to choose Blackaard. There are too many classic characters involved in this saga and it spans a longer period of time.

\
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

Blackgaard. The best story arc ever on the ToO and in AIO.
So much suspence, drama, and action!
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

The Blagguard Saga was really suppensefull and I enjoied it ,but I never got why in the world he did all those things? To rule the world! That aways seems to be every Bad Guys motive in the end.

So I had to vote toward the Novacom Saga! I thought that that was was the most suspensefull and fast moving thing! The only thing I had a problem with was the Rule the Worl thing! WHat would you get out fo rulling the world anyway? I just don't get it!
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

If you truly ended up ruling the world, uh, you could do pretty much anything you want. That's valuable.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Waluigi Freak 99
Catspaw Rocks!

Blackgaard never wanted to rule the world. He just wanted lots of money. He could get that from selling military secrets, computer programs, and deadly viruses on the black market.
Ae_91
Just visiting

Post by Ae_91 »

I voted for the Novacom saga. I have not heard the Blackgaard saga in such a long time. I remember not liking much. I was much younger when I heard it. I also have the whole Novacom Saga on cd.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

So Blackgaard. I like it because there was so much too it, and Novacom rolled on and on and on. It is practically still going on, because what got it going was Eugene's story, then his Arica story, and he comes the whole Leonard thing, which is really annoying to me. I don;t understand even that story arc going on. Way too much going on, dragging on for way too many albums, but with Blackgaard saga, lets see, three albums, but does stretch into other episodes, and makes sense! Had lots of suspense and lots more interesting and really cool and good charcters (Not to mention Richard Maxwell!)
I would have liked Novacom better if they had stuck with the story line originally planned, with AREM being Richard Maxwell, instead of Mitch, but they had to think up something quick to make it work out without screwing everything up on account one actor couldn't record at the moment! SO in comes Mitch. It's not like I don't like him, I LOVE him with Connie, but he destroyed pretty much all chances for Richard Maxwell coming back to town ever. Now, Nathan Carlson is playing Mr. Straussberg, but he still hasn't come back as Richard Maxwell. This Leonard line, leading from Novacom, is stealing all the thunder. I actually like the Mandy line going, and the Grady and Kelly and other lines going on, weird, to me at least. I can't listen anymore on the radio, and the internet, no luck, so it's hard for me to listen anymore. I just haven't caught on to everything yet, and I don't think I'll be able to catch up before more Leonard and all start up again in September.
Sad Ha?
That's enough for me.
Blackgaard all the way, everyone! Love, Marisol.
Jonathan Park
Gold Member

Post by Jonathan Park »

If you ask me I think that the Blackgaard Sage is better even thought it had an upseting ending. I mean I'm upset that blackgaard ended up killing himself. Probably the reason why I don't like the Novacom Sage was because the first time I heard it was a rerun and I knew that Mitch wasn't really dead.
Last edited by Jonathan Park on Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

Blaackgaard Saga. I do love Novacom, but Blaackgaard is much, much, much better. It has better characters, better story, better... well, I don't have a third one, but it was just better. =D> =D>
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
whitetigerswt
Tallying up

Post by whitetigerswt »

i prefered the The Dr. Blackgaard Saga cause it was a lot more internesting than novacom it had more plot twists and i just thought it was better

Isaiah 30:21
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

whitetigerswt wrote:i prefered the The Dr. Blackgaard Saga cause it was a lot more internesting than novacom it had more plot twists and i just thought it was better
Exactly! =D>
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
connies#1fan
Found

Post by connies#1fan »

I like the Novacom Saga better, probably because I started to regularly listen to Odyssey. One reason that I think I like it more, because Connie is dating Mitch. I know that some people didn't like that, but I think I like it since I'm a girl and am into romance. I like the Blackgaard Saga, too. It just didn't have the romance. I think that is what it makes me like the Novacom Saga better.
"The Call" - Regina Spektor
You'll come back
When it's over
No need to say good bye..
Waluigi Freak 99
Catspaw Rocks!

What do you mean, Blackgaard didn't have romance? Eugene and Katrina's relationship was a major, major part of the climax. Just because they didn't giggle all the time and say, "You have a nice haircut" during the life-and-death scenarios doesn't mean there wasn't romance.

I'm all for romance. But I don't think that the Connie/Mitch relationship was handled well at all.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Waluigi Freak 99 wrote:What do you mean, Blackgaard didn't have romance? Eugene and Katrina's relationship was a major, major part of the climax. Just because they didn't giggle all the time and say, "You have a nice haircut" during the life-and-death scenarios doesn't mean there wasn't romance.

I'm all for romance. But I don't think that the Connie/Mitch relationship was handled well at all.
I'm glad you said that, b/c without that lead-in I had no clue how to ask whether or not the C&M thing was 'romance' (or at least not the jr. high kind ;) )
rickyderocher
My posts are revolutionary

Post by rickyderocher »

Jonathan wrote:
Waluigi Freak 99 wrote:What do you mean, Blackgaard didn't have romance? Eugene and Katrina's relationship was a major, major part of the climax. Just because they didn't giggle all the time and say, "You have a nice haircut" during the life-and-death scenarios doesn't mean there wasn't romance.

I'm glad you said that, b/c without that lead-in I had no clue how to ask whether or not the C&M thing was 'romance' (or at least not the jr. high kind ;) )
Did Connie and Mitch ever hug, or hold hands or kiss or anything? Connie kissed Jeff in "First love". And she even hugged Eugene for crying out loud! In "Love is in the Air"
Rachel Maxwell
Classic

Post by Rachel Maxwell »

Oh sure, but it was off-tape.
Britt-Votin' went off real smooth. Not but one shootin', and that turned out to be just a flesh wound.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I would assume she did. But by silly jr high stuff goes, I was referring to how she acted around him in general.
Waluigi Freak 99
Catspaw Rocks!

I also disliked the whole "love at first sight" thing. Even Eugene and Katrina took a while to develop a relationship.
Rachel Maxwell
Classic

Post by Rachel Maxwell »

But love-at-first sight is slightly more realistic for Connie that Eugene, savy? (I've always wanted to say that.)
Britt-Votin' went off real smooth. Not but one shootin', and that turned out to be just a flesh wound.