What ever happened to Mayor Faye?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

What ever happened to Mayor Faye?

Post by AIO Psyche »

What ever happened to Mayor Faye? Not the npc here on the TOO, but the real Faye, on AIO. After she bacame mayor, she just practicly dissapeared. Is she still mayor? When is the next election? Does the AIO team have any more plans for Ms. Faye? Shadowpaw, can you help me out? Or anyone else who might know?
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Since we didn't here that Margaret Faye isn't the mayor any more, I would assume that she still is. She just isn't relevant to the storylines that are occurring right now. I don't really miss her at all. I guess they could refer to her on occassion, but she isn't the kind of character that I want to hear from regularly.
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

Don't get me wrong; I couldn't stand her. But, I would like to know if she is still mayor or not.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

If she is, she's been mayor for a long time..
...I hate marquees.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Exactly...
Me
An original

Post by Me »

But then so was Tom.
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

I'm a little surprised Mayor Faye didn't make an appearence during the Novacom Saga. It would seem fair that a mayor would pop out for something like that.
Their are other events such as the Statue of Liberty coming to Town, and stuff like that which would make sence for her to say something.
However, I think they used her as a kindv'e off-switch to the whole 'Mayor' deal. During those three years, the mayoral Office was really big in the city, from ''The Changing Times'' to ''Darkness before Dawn'' to ''Signed, Sealed and Commited''. It was really a different spin on the series, and went along with the times as such shows such as ''The West Wing'' and etc. were big on tv at the time.

The Mayoral Elections certainly cannott be overused. For the moment, I'm fine that it's gone for a while. Though, it would be interesting to have it come back (but without Bart Rathbone) The only thing I'm afraid of is that the writers may feel the urge to have Wooton Bassett run for mayor. Not the most intellectual storyline out there, if you ask me...

BC
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

-Bennett Charles wrote:During those three years, the mayoral Office was really big in the city, from ''The Changing Times'' to ''Darkness before Dawn'' to ''Signed, Sealed and Commited''. It was really a different spin on the series, and went along with the times as such shows such as ''The West Wing'' and etc. were big on tv at the time.
"The West Wing" didn't start until 1999, a couple of years after "Signed, Sealed and Committed" :).

It would be nice to know what became of the mayor though, as you're right, she hasn't been referred to at all.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Catspaw wrote:Since we didn't here that Margaret Faye isn't the mayor any more, I would assume that she still is. She just isn't relevant to the storylines that are occurring right now. I don't really miss her at all. I guess they could refer to her on occassion, but she isn't the kind of character that I want to hear from regularly.
I think the writers realized most listeners would rather not hear from her... so they had Ms. Faye locked up in the basement of City Hall undefinitely. :-#
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Shadowpaw wrote:"The West Wing" didn't start until 1999, a couple of years after "Signed, Sealed and Committed" :).
Haha, I actually knew their was some flaw there. I meant, ''West Wing'' type shows. I remembered at the time all those, 'political office' scam series were kinda heating up tv and stuff (The West wing, though I have barely seen an episode, was the show-title that I recalled.). Now, they're pretty much dead.

Thank-you for correcting-- and making me feel, look, and sound stupid! :D
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

-Bennett Charles wrote:Haha, I actually knew their was some flaw there. I meant, ''West Wing'' type shows. I remembered at the time all those, 'political office' scam series were kinda heating up tv and stuff (The West wing, though I have barely seen an episode, was the show-title that I recalled.). Now, they're pretty much dead.

That wasn't my intent... so I apologize ;).

I haven't seen an episode of it either... I have very little interest in politics, especially when it's a fictional drama about the politics of a country different from my own (as well as yours).
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Shadowpaw wrote:
-Bennett Charles wrote:Haha, I actually knew their was some flaw there. I meant, ''West Wing'' type shows. I remembered at the time all those, 'political office' scam series were kinda heating up tv and stuff (The West wing, though I have barely seen an episode, was the show-title that I recalled.). Now, they're pretty much dead.

That wasn't my intent... so I apologize ;).

I haven't seen an episode of it either... I have very little interest in politics, especially when it's a fictional drama about the politics of a country different from my own (as well as yours).
You've just made Jared your mortal enemy....

I wish we would hear something about the mayor again. For such an activist, she sure has been quiet lately.
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

I would like to hear more from Mayor Faye but not tons. Having a Mayor makes it more like a real city. Like the part she played in Malachi's Message. It wasn't big but it continued to show the type of person she is and it was a role a Mayor would play. But you'd think that Whit knowing her would be involved here and there to try to stop something she's doing at City Hall.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

It seems that the writers should refer to her at some point but maybe they don't have the actress anymore to be on the show. :-k
Me
An original

Post by Me »

One would still think that it would be possible to incorporate her into the show without actually having her talk. For example, Whit could read about something she's doing in the paper, and would go to her office, or call her to talk about it. He would then be informed by her secretary that she would not see Whit. Another way to do it would be just to casually mention her in conversation, perhaps spend a moment or two talking about her latest "policy."
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Before Margarte Faye and Tom Riley, how often did they refer to the mayor?
The mayor in "Living Nativity," the "Mayor for a Day," and.... someone want to help me out? It's late. :anxious:
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Tom for Mayor Part I..... that sort of counts.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Yeah, that episode told us that is was...bill, i think? ANd before that i think it might have mentioned a mayor 1 or 2 times...But i would kind of like to know the political status in Odyssey lately.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

*pokes Focus on the Family*

Hey, so if they aren't using Margarate, they could use the newly elected Mayor on their show instead! :-
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

:roll: Right Top :roll:
...I hate marquees.