Pushing Daisies

new show on ABC

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Aravis
OK

Pushing Daisies

Post by Aravis »

Has anyone heard of this yet? I became interested cause I'm a fan of Kristin Chenoweth, but I'd actually watch this show even if she wasn't in it. There's a cool forum HERE where you can actually watch the "Pie-lette" O:)

*bump*

Edit - double post removed, since bumping is indeed discouraged, especially when it's after one day. :) - Catspaw
*Credit for my set goes to Kyla @ www.craftychicklet.com*
He will give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. ~Psalm 91:11 KJV
click here to go to "The Tanglewoods!"
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

I thought bumping was illegal :anxious:

Sorry, i would reply to your topic, but I don't get reception and I've never heard of this show...so sorry. :boohoo:
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

I saw a comercial for it. It dosen't look very good. It looks like the guy brings people to life and makes them die again. If you think about it, Who is the only one who can make people come back to life? God. Who is this guy acting as in this show? God. I wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be God. So, you don't want to watch this kind of stuff.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
Aravis
OK

Post by Aravis »

jasonjannajerryjohn wrote:I saw a comercial for it. It dosen't look very good. It looks like the guy brings people to life and makes them die again. If you think about it, Who is the only one who can make people come back to life? God. Who is this guy acting as in this show? God. I wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be God. So, you don't want to watch this kind of stuff.
That's a good point. I didn't see it from that direction before, and I viewed it as a fantasy story...well, cause that's how it is presented, narrated like a story.

And he "kills" the victims again because if he didn't, someone else would fall over dead...it's kinda complicated. Idk...maybe this isn't the best show after all.

Here's the link to download the pilot if anyone's interested in giving thier own opinion of the show: Torrent - http://www.mininova.org/tor/805134

Megaupload - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E8POERKS
*Credit for my set goes to Kyla @ www.craftychicklet.com*
He will give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. ~Psalm 91:11 KJV
click here to go to "The Tanglewoods!"
ObiWan Kenobi Girl
Why so serious?
Why so serious?

Post by ObiWan Kenobi Girl »

Golly Gee Whilikers!!! I saw a preview for that in the movie theater, so i thought it was a movie, but then i saw the stuff for it on regular TV, so now that i know that it's going to be a real series and stuff, i'm totally going to watch it!!
JED
Love to love

Post by JED »

I am going to watch when I get the chance though I am extraordinarily busy, I don't think it is as bad as jasonjerry made it out to be. It is a fantasy show you could say and it is not trying to say things about him being God.

If you want to look at it that way than we shouldn't be watching Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Heroes, or any shows like that.
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

I love Pushing Daisies! I know the plot seems kind of weird, but like people have been saying, it's a fantasy, and it's all really tongue-in-cheek, so it's not like anyone's taking it seriously.

Reasons why I like it:

1. Kristin Chenoweth is a main cast member. She is seriously one of the funniest people on stage or screen. She's fabulous in this show (and she gets to sing on numerous occasions. Yes!)

2. The humor is very, very dry. I like that. The humor is dark, but it's very witty and fast-paced. Every single cast member is very quirky and hysterically funny. Ned (the main character) is the best.

3. It's mostly clean. There is some bad language, but it's nothing that you wouldn't find in most PG movies these days. There is no sex, because the main characters, although they are in love, cannot touch each other, because if he touches her, she dies again for good. As a result, the way they treat each other is way more romantic than all that stuff other TV couples do on their respective shows. In my opinion.

To explain the whole deal about bringing people back to life and killing them again. So Ned finds out he can bring dead things back to life by touching them. If he lets them live again for more than one minute, then something else dies in its place. Ned learns this by causing a great tragedy, so he is very reluctant in the show to actually bring anybody back for good. He joins up with a detective, and brings murder victims back to life for one minute, in which he tries to get them to tell him who murdered them. Then when a minute is up, he puts them back. It sounds really weird, and sure, the theology isn't sound, but it's really not meant to be. If you watch it once, then you'll see that by the end of the show, the narrator (who I think is amazing, because he sounds like the guy from Fractured Fairy Tales in Rocky and Bullwinkle) explains something the characters have learned about the world, and those things are always true and good. So it's really not an immoral show, it's just slightly off-kilter, which is what the writers are going for, I think.

As a bonus, Audrey Wazilewski, who plays Katrina on AIO, is in last season's episode, "Corpsicle". I hate to give stuff away, but she's the murderer in that episode, which I think is so ironic. Poor Eugene...he has no idea that he's married to a killer. Heehee.
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
JED
Love to love

Post by JED »

I am definately gonna watch it this weekend it sounds awesome
Battle Cry
Not as new

Post by Battle Cry »

I saw a bit of the first episode. It was……….. unique.
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

I've seen the first few episodes and I loved it! It's so unique and different. I should probably watch it again.
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

Thought I might add some quotes to show the humorous wordplay I was talking about.

Emerson: Your book was a bomb.
Napoleon: Who are you to criticize my life's work?!
Emerson: Your book was a bomb. It exploded.

Ned: Do you know you have a "tell" when you lie?
Olive: Do I?
Ned: You answer questions with questions.
Olive: Maybe I know I have a tell and I know you know I have a tell and maybe I'm doing it now to confuse you because you don't know what tell I'm telling.

Emerson: Why would somebody give somebody a Christmas sweater for Christmas? You can only wear it that day.
Ned: He means should. Only wear it that day.
Emerson: Yeah. Either you got to take off what you got on to put it on. Or you got wait another year for the next holiday season.
Coroner: Why are you going toe-to-toe with me on fashion?
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!