Facebook

not sure if this belongs here...

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Blipadouzi
Catspaw Rocks!

Facebook

Post by Blipadouzi »

For those of you that are members of it...what do you this of facebook.com?

I joined just a day or so ago...not bad so far.

If you want to see some photos I uploaded, go to my profile. Let me know what you think.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

I like it because it's simpler and less annoying than Myspace. There is a growing number of us over there. 34 members so far in the ToOers group! You must be a member of Facebook to see the group, and requests to join must be approved by JF or David O, so it's relatively safe for those that prefer to keep their identity known to a smaller group than the membership here. ;)
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I totally agree with it being a lot less annoying than MySpace. I have it because my friends, sisters, and cousin have it. It's a way for us to share pictures and stuff that we find on the web easily.
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

I'm on Facebook right now... \:D/
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

I can attest to that, as she just poked me three times in a row. \:D/
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

What's worse is that CoT just insulted me! :x
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

/shame on my cousin for telling me I couldn't be on facebook because I don't go to public school. / :shame: / I can. \:D/

I'm going to be on Facebook soon. I hope.
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Well, Facebook used to only allow students with valid school email addresses. In fact, to join a high school network you must have an email from that school or someone from there to verify you go there. (Ask CoT about that one. ;) ) And I can't join as an alumni to my college because I don't have an email from there.

But you don't have to join a network for any school or region, and you do not have to go to school to be a member. :D
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I have both facebook and myspace accounts, and facebook is definitely better! I hardly go to my myspace page anymore, but that's also due to the fact that I have more stay-in-touch friends on facebook than myspace.

Even though facebook is more inclusive now than it used to be, it's a lot less, for lack of a better word, stalkerish than myspace. Its format is a lot more "cleaned up" than myspace.
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

Darcie wrote:Well, Facebook used to only allow students with valid school email addresses. In fact, to join a high school network you must have an email from that school or someone from there to verify you go there. (Ask CoT about that one. ;) ) And I can't join as an alumni to my college because I don't have an email from there.

But you don't have to join a network for any school or region, and you do not have to go to school to be a member. :D
Ah. Thank you for that explanation, Darcie. \:D/
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

(Sorry... I know I'm draggin up an old subject. :?)

I just found out last night that if you're in highschool, you do have to have a network of some sort. Because I couldn't register without one.

Lynne and I did work out a solution, though. \:D/
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

You're right Karin. If you're between 13-18, you do have to be confirmed in a high school or college network. I've heard of a number of homeschoolers getting around this by having a friend that does go to school confirming them and then leaving the school's network. ;)
Aelwyn

Post by Aelwyn »

Darcie wrote:You're right Karin. If you're between 13-18, you do have to be confirmed in a high school or college network. I've heard of a number of homeschoolers getting around this by having a friend that does go to school confirming them and then leaving the school's network. ;)
:grins: We didn't go quite that far. :-$
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Aelwyn wrote:
Darcie wrote:You're right Karin. If you're between 13-18, you do have to be confirmed in a high school or college network. I've heard of a number of homeschoolers getting around this by having a friend that does go to school confirming them and then leaving the school's network. ;)
Just register as being over 18 and they can't stop you. \:D/

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Aelwyn

Post by Aelwyn »

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:
Aelwyn wrote:
Just register as being over 18 and they can't stop you. \:D/

-Cowboy
:wrinkles nose: I can't truthfully do that. Lynne tried to get me to do it, but I wouldn't. (Yes, I know... honest to a fault. :p) But we figured out a way, so I'm on there rather cluelessly.
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

I'm homeschooled, but I am taking classes at the local community college, so I registered under that.... \:D/

yay for facebook! \:D/
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

I'm in no school network right now, and I'm perfectly fine. :D
Last edited by Ruthie on Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aravis
OK

Post by Aravis »

I have a facebook and I really like it. And I'm also homeschooled, so I registered using a school nearby \:D/
*Credit for my set goes to Kyla @ www.craftychicklet.com*
He will give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. ~Psalm 91:11 KJV
click here to go to "The Tanglewoods!"
Life
Popsicle kid

Post by Life »

Aravis wrote:I have a facebook and I really like it. And I'm also homeschooled, so I registered using a school nearby \:D/

That's what alot of my homeschool friends do, they use the public school they live near because they are kind of in that school...not really though.
Aelwyn

Post by Aelwyn »

Once I was registered, I was able to find my local network. So I didn't have to be approved into a school network.