Sleepwalking

Gah!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Sleepwalking

Post by Candy »

I must've sleepwalked last night, because My parents were away last night and I slept their bed, which is downstairs. I remeber hopping out of bed, but I don't remember turning off the tv and dvd player which I must've done, and walked out to the living room which I don't remember, and bumped into my cousin which I do remember. He says he doesn't remember saying anything but I'm almost positive he did. Well I don't remember anything else. Except waking up in my room this morning.
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
amyinodyssey
Found

Post by amyinodyssey »

I've only slept walked once in my life. One night I got up and walked down to my parents bedroom, which is just down the hall. My mom noticed that I was there and asked me if something was wrong. I told her, "I dreamt that I was supposed to come in here" so I did. So my dad says, "well you can go back to bed" so I did. The next morning they asked me if I had remembered my dream and I told them vaguely. Before that sometimes I would sit up in bed and dream about certain instances. For example when I was still working at Boston Market I sat up in bed because I saw to customers standing in front of me. I knew they were going to order something so I just stood up in bed until they could make up their mind. It got to be so long I turned to my clock and realized that Boston Market was not open at this time and so I went back to bed. Another time I dreamt that I was in the army. I actually was preparing to get out of bed when again I saw the clock and realized it was too early for army people to get up and I WASN'T IN THE ARMY! so I went back to bed.

8/1/2007: It wasn't until last night that I realized another instance in which I sort of slept walked. Over three years ago I got my gall bladder removed the hard way (I have huge scar on my stomach that must be several inches long). My mom flew from Colorado to Michigan to be with me during this hard time. After I finished the surgery and I was back in my dorm room again my room mate was kind enough to give me the bottom bunk because it was going to be difficult to climb into the top bunk with my condition. The first night I had a terrible hallucination where I was seeing a huge snake hanging from my roomates bed and it was trying to get me. I kept screaming for my Mom but I was dreaming at the same time to where havery time I called for my Mom she said she would be with me in a minute because she was talking to a friend of hers. It wasn't until my room mate woke me up and she told me that I was screaming for my mom. Luckily she understood and I told my mom what happened.

For some reason recently I haven't been getting a good night sleep because of nightmares. I don't know if there are other people out there like this but in my situation I think about solutions to problems I have and when I can't find a solution I just keep tossing and turning about it. WHen I was going to school at the University of Colorado I was in a programming class where we had to make this coin calculator where if we were to type in 74 cents it would calculate 2 quarters, 2 dimes and 4 pennies. It wasn't until the night before it was due that I was having terrible nightmares about that assignment. This also happened with other assignments as well.
Last edited by amyinodyssey on Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

*gasp*

that's scary

I have never sleep walked in my life :noway:

Ok, I take that back. When I was about 2 I had "night terrors". My parents were so freaked out by it that they took me to a child psychologist. :-$

Apparently, when the psychologist told me to draw my dream and I drew a picture of spiders streaming in from under walls, under my door, under my bed, coming out of the ceiling. And what's funny, is I still remember that dream (and I was only 2 when I had it!)

To this day I HATE spiders. I don't mind snakes, mice, lizards, but spiders. No. :noway:
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I used to sleepwalk some. \:D/ Usually just down the hall to my parents' room, and then they would follow me back to my room to make sure I didn't fall down the stairs or something. :)

SleepTALKING is much more prevalent in our family though. :-
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Snow Angel
i come in tru color
i come in tru color

Post by Snow Angel »

which cousin?? kyle? when was this? (this post is made for candy)
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

Last night Delayed reaction. And yes it was Kyle.
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
Tyrell
No way I broke the window

Post by Tyrell »

I've only walked in my sleep once.. that I know of.. >_>

And the time I did I fell down the stairs and about killed myself.
~S~
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

I post this only to relay a funny incident that happened around age 12 when I was staying over at a family friend's house. I slept in the same room as the two oldest girls who were, I think, 16 and 17 at the time. Anyhow, the oldest apparently had a habit of sleepwalking, so I was forwarned just in case it should happen.

Well, not only did this oldest daughter sleepwalk, she walked over to my bed, picked me up and carried me through the halls of this rather large house, and I, too shocked to do anything, simply complied. To this day we've chuckled over that one, and as far as I know nothing like it ever happened in the future with subsequent house guests.
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

I would have been so freaked out by that.

My bro used to talk in his sleep, but neither of us sleepwalked.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
PJ
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: wandering in the desert, searching for my promised land

Post by PJ »

Sherlock Holmes wrote:I post this only to relay a funny incident that happened around age 12 when I was staying over at a family friend's house. I slept in the same room as the two oldest girls who were, I think, 16 and 17 at the time. Anyhow, the oldest apparently had a habit of sleepwalking, so I was forwarned just in case it should happen.

Well, not only did this oldest daughter sleepwalk, she walked over to my bed, picked me up and carried me through the halls of this rather large house, and I, too shocked to do anything, simply complied. To this day we've chuckled over that one, and as far as I know nothing like it ever happened in the future with subsequent house guests.
:rofl2: That would've been hilarious!!

I used to sleepwalk. One time when I was 6, I had to go to the bathroom. My parents were in the living room and I opened the door, stepped outside and made it down the stairs. My parents asked me what I was doing and I told them I had to go to the bathroom. My dad came down the stairs and turned me around and they both told me where the bathroom was. That's all I remember. I was kinda awake when all this was happening, but I couldn't control my body. It was weird...

My parents told me that I used to grab knives while sleepwalking. \:D/ They soon put the knives up where I couldn't find them... :anxious: :D
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

I never walk in my sleep but one of my sisters does. And all my siblings that I share a room with talk in their sleep, which can be rather freaky ( especially since I am a light sleeper!) :shock:
Last edited by V-lady on Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
FrayedAroundTheEdges
i hold the hand that holds the world

Post by FrayedAroundTheEdges »

ive nvr sleepwalked but one time i was at my friend jordans house and her sister "woke up" *sleepwalked* and walked past her *jordans* room and opened an slammed the door an so jordan an i woke up an followed her an she walk down the hall to the bathroom an she put hand in the toilet a then flushed it and then washed her hands an went back to bed....*disturbing*
]Lost and insecure, you found me, lyin on the floor...
whyd you have to wait? where were you?
just a little late...you found me
<3 The Fray --> You Found Me
Agentpaw
Eh, whats up doc?

Post by Agentpaw »

Laura Ingalls wrote:SleepTALKING is much more prevalent in our family though. :-
Yeah, it's the same in my family. Only it's more like sleepLAUGHING. :)

Only one person in my family has ever sleepwalked, my sister. It happened a long time ago, and it only happened once. She got out of bed, and walked down the stairs. My Dad happened to be down there so he asked her were she was going. Not knowing that she was sleep walking. And my sister said, "I'm gonna go watch TV." and kept on walking downstairs.

I'm unsure as to what happened next, but I'm pretty sure she ended up going back to her bed. :)
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

I have confirmation! I DID sleepwalk. My cousin said after he saw me, he heard me Clomping up the steps :lolsign:
Image Image
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

Sleepwalking is only for people with guilty consciences. :noway:

... And my brothers. :-s One almost jumped out of a two story window while screaming. Another one played a card game while he dozed. *Chuckles* Yes, I have strange brothers. \:D/
don't forget the rain.
Skid
Still standing tall

Post by Skid »

Lucy wrote: Another one played a card game while he dozed.
Did he win?
FrayedAroundTheEdges

Post by FrayedAroundTheEdges »

Skid wrote:
Lucy wrote: Another one played a card game while he dozed.
Did he win?
ROFL!!
]Lost and insecure, you found me, lyin on the floor...
whyd you have to wait? where were you?
just a little late...you found me
<3 The Fray --> You Found Me
Life
Popsicle kid

Post by Life »

I've only sleptwalked one time that I know of...I walked all the way down the hall and then went in to our library, then I accidentally locked myself in there so I just laid on the ground and went back to sleep.That's all.
Mincy
Smile for the camera

Post by Mincy »

as Far A I know I have never sleep walked, but my little sister that I share a room with talks in her sleep allot.
Mel
Smile for the camera

Post by Mel »

I know I've sleepwalked once, at least. And one or two of my sisters have done it several times.
As for sleeptalking, sometimes I'll be dreaming but just starting to wake up, and then I'll say something out loud. :) It's so weird when that happens. Thankfully it's not often. :D