Verizon

Anyone use them?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Verizon

Post by ajamj »

We are getting ready to switch cell phone carriers and I wondered if anyone has Verizon and what you think of their service? Any input would be appreciated.

We currently have Sprint. The change is mainly to get a larger coverage area. And to add the kids without breaking the bank.

Everyone should have a happy dance.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

The top Cell Phone carrier out there would be Cingular/AT&T but Verizon is next in line- it has a pretty good range of service and alot of free features that other carriers don't offer...overall its just your choice of features because Verizon and Cingular have about the same area of service...at least around here.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

We have Verizon.. I don't use the phone much, but it's seems to be pretty good. we've never had any major problems(or minor..), and their coverage is good too.
...I hate marquees.
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

We had verizon for four years, and it was good. They had very, very good coverage, and unless we were driving through mountains in the middle of nowhere, we almost always had reception.

We recently moved to Iowa though, and the nearest Verizon store is 90 miles away, so we switched to US Cellular because there is one where we live.
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Post by Mandy Straussberg »

The people around here (Greater Los Angeles area) seem to have better luck with Verizon. I have friends with Cingular who constantly have dropped calls. I've had maybe three dropped calls in the almost five years I've had Verizon. The only time I've not been able to get service has been underground (for whatever reason... a subway, a gold mine, whatever) and in Mexico.

Mandy
Music is my life. God's given me gifts, and I like to use them.
Spirit now lead me, take me where You will
I long to adore You, reveal Yourself to me
My cry is to please You, so have Your way in me
Completely to bring glory to Your Name
Archer No Man
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Archer No Man »

Christina S wrote:We had verizon for four years, and it was good. They had very, very good coverage, and unless we were driving through mountains in the middle of nowhere, we almost always had reception.

We recently moved to Iowa though, and the nearest Verizon store is 90 miles away, so we switched to US Cellular because there is one where we live.
you live in Iowa, cool I'm going to iowa soon to visit my cousins
if you came all the way to my sig to get the money I said I would give you a week ago.........YOUR NOT GONNA GET IT *runs away*

Yes I know that with the new name you must not know who I am now but yes I am No Man *crowd gasps* LEADER OF THE BAND OF SCARY ARCHERS *crowd gasps* know you must all exile me and my band of scary archers and send the army after me and make it into a R rated movie
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I've had Verizon for a few years and I've been happy with it. It doesn't have the best coverage in remote areas of Indiana but I'd assume no one else does there, either.
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

As with all cell phone carriers, the trick is not to look at which service is the "best", but rather which service is the "least awful."

As such, Verizon can be termed one of the lesser irritants. My occasional complaints regarding lack of coverage in certain remote areas of Antarctica can only be chalked up to the fact that, no doubt, AT&T would probably also fail.

In all seriousness, Verizon isn't half bad. I've had them for about 3 years now (AT&T and Sprint before that) and comparatively they seem to have decent if not better coverage.
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

Thanks all! We are going to go with Verizon.

Coverage is a big issue. I travel all over the state for mainly personal reasons and Hubby travels to Iowa, Illinois, and Indiana for work.

Plus, do you even want to know how frustrated I was when I was at a music festival and everyone was on their phones, while I was trying to get a signal? ](*,)

Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

Good choice! I have AT&T formerly Cingular, and I know some folks that work for Verizon, and they were very pleased with the progress Verizon had made in becoming on par with Cingular.
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

I had Cingular, but when Cliff and I got married, I ended up getting added to his Verizon plan. I think Cingular has better coverage, but I really like that Cliff and can talk all we want and it's free wtih Verizon. Also--no roaming rates!
cubsmith08
OK

Post by cubsmith08 »

our family uses verizon, it's the best service out of the ones we've had. first, we had spring and i HATED it, and then we got t-mobile, and that was a LOT better, and then we got verizon, which is by far the best! :D

Please DONATE to help me get more education and to start a MUSIC Faction!!
Kat
slow thinking occurs
slow thinking occurs

Post by Kat »

Well, I fell in love with Verizon. They have a very good plan and have the best coverage in our area! Of course, I used to have Virgin Mobile USA and despised it. So, I say go for it! Verizon all the way!
*returns*
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I had Verizon, but I live on a county line so I was and still am considered roaming where I live so I switched.
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

We got our phones and love them! Reception inside the house isn't perfect, but that okay. Now my hubby won't have to be annoyed that I'm on my cell instead of the land line when I'm at home.

Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Where we live the only good service is Cingular, we had Sprint, which is horrible ;), we looked into Verizon but their coverage at our house is like one or two bars, which fades out alot. I think the biggest question is where you live. :p
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis