Phantom of the Opera

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

Did you like this movie?

Like it? I loved it!
40%
I liked it.
13%
It was okay...
4%
I didn't like it.
6%
Never seen it.
38%

Total votes: 53

amyinodyssey
Found

Post by amyinodyssey »

The Phantom of the Opera is one of my most favorite movies! Recently I was in a point of purchase packaging class and I had to make a few packages myself. I made a DVD case holder dedicated to Chick Flicks. The coincidence of my box is that all my movies are pretty close to eachother in the alphabetical sense. Phantom of course is in the case. If there is one thing I love to do more it's watching the movie and listening to the soundtrack and more often than not singing and humming it. Sometimes I like watching phantom stuff online too. Recently I got the special edition bonus feature version from the library and it had a lot of good stuff on it.
Felicity Blackgaard
I'm not Gabe

Post by Felicity Blackgaard »

It was pretty good! But I've always just wanted to see the stage play.

I remember years ago when they had a mini-series on television. That's how I found out about it.
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

Never seen the movie or a live play of it either! I don't know if I want to see it or not! It looks a little boring!
redcanadian87
I'm a teapot

Post by redcanadian87 »

Oh you are so wrong. It is not boring, not at all.

It is wonderful.

...Wishing you were somehow near again...
totustuus
Pilgrim

Post by totustuus »

I have seen the movie once, but it's been awhile. My friends had been singing all the songs from it, so I wasn't too thrilled when I saw the movie. I just recently read the book, however, and I would like to watch the movie again now that I understand the plot. I think a safety pin would do the movie good.
Whits Clara
Not as new

Post by Whits Clara »

I've watched the movie, read the book, and have listened to the soundtrack of the Broadway production...

...definitely makes more sense with the book! The ending was that much more beautiful in it, too...

But I've heard opinions that the voices in the movie were terrible in comparison to the musical. Going from the movie to the musical and thus already being used to the movie, I didn't think so. Do I simply not have enough taste in music to see it? :D Or is that true?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

"Christine" was good in the movie... not to knock Sarah Brightman, but the movie actress was fine.

The guy that played the Phantom really can't hold a candle to Michael Crawford, though.

And... no one really cares about Raoul, so away with him! :x
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

The Top Crusader wrote:"Christine" was good in the movie... not to knock Sarah Brightman, but the movie actress was fine.

The guy that played the Phantom really can't hold a candle to Michael Crawford, though.

And... no one really cares about Raoul, so away with him! :x
...but Steve Barton's voice is great. :(
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
MajorSplendor
Sing in the sunshine

Post by MajorSplendor »

*thread merged*

Alright..I figured that eventually someone would post about this, so I might as well be the first. Is anyone interested in The Phantom of the Opera?

Originality is the art of concealing your sources.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I saw the stage version with my mother quite a while ago. I also own the movie, haven't watched it yet.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I really like the movie version and I got it for Christmas a year ago. \:D/ I haven't watched it recently, but this thread is inspiring me to watch it again soon! My sister has the soundtrack, which is quite lovely.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I stumbled across the soundtrack of the broadway performance probably... 12 or so years ago... and fell in love. :inlove:

I eventually ventured into the wilds of Canada to see the Toronto production of it a few years later... my one and only foray into that vast land to the North. \:D/

I saw the movie in theaters, as well as read the book and seen numerous other film versions... though I don't actually own the movie of the musical because I eventually grew out of that phase and while I appreciate it, and really not that into it anymore... \:D/
MajorSplendor
Sing in the sunshine

Post by MajorSplendor »

Yeah.. a lady let me borrow the movie two years ago and I fell in love with the music. I bought the book and play most of the songs on my piano or my bowed psaltry!! It's nice to know there are fellow fans out there! :)

Originality is the art of concealing your sources.
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

I read the book, and I liked it...to an extent. It was a bit creepy, but I do want to see the stage and movie versions of it. (And maybe own the script.)
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yeah, I read the book too and decided that I liked the movie better because it was a bit "nicer," I guess, for lack of a better word. The book was more depressing. I am glad that I read it, though, because it was interesting!
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

Watched the movie, own both movie and original production soundtracks. I still have yet to watch the stage version, however.

It's quite good. :)
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

Yeah, im def. a fan of phantom of the opera. I love the story line and the music. the movie is really good too. "The Phantom of the opera is here," :-
I do what I do.
EvangelineWalker
I'm a teapot

Post by EvangelineWalker »

I saw the play on Broadway and fell in love with it! I also read the book and watched the movie, but I still think the Broadway version is my favorite! Love the music. My sister plays it on the piano all the time and sometimes my mom and I gather around and sing the lyrics.
Kat
slow thinking occurs
slow thinking occurs

Post by Kat »

I have fallen deeply in love with the movie! :inlove: The music is wonderful, and I have been studying "Think of Me" on the piano for quite some time. My dad says it sounds so pretty, and I think it does, too!
Maybe I'll record it and post it here sometime! \:D/
*returns*
Life
Popsicle kid

Post by Life »

I absolutely hate this movie... :- it is terrible. I mean, I wish I liked it, but it's just terrible. It gives me a horrible headache and it's kind of creepy. I tried to like it, really I did. But it's just too much. I do think it's romantic-ish though...if that helps any...