Movies that make you cry.

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

Darcie wrote:Aww... :console: It's OK. He only went to school, not skull. ;)

And when I was little, I cried when Alice was all alone and lost in the woods. You know, the part where she's sitting on the rock in the dark, right after that dog-like thing swept up the rest of the path? Yeah, that was so sad.
Thanks Darcie.

Me too! I don't think I ever cried, but I definitely felt for little Alice, lost all alone in the middle of the woods with no one caring around... just the little sweeper-dog completely ignoring her as he went about his business... and wasn't that right after the light-thing got mad at her? Then the Cheshire cat appears and its a mixed blessing. You're no longer all on your own, but now you're stuck with the crazy hallucinogenic disappearing cat. Poor Alice.
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

The Seventh Brother, that was probably when I was 12. Airbud Baseball, that's more recently. And I can't remember any more right now. Facing the Giants got me close to crying.
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

hmm The Passion of the Christ and most recently - Sabrina - the HArrison Ford version.

I know there are many more, but I can't think of them right now. I love chick flicks and often get choked up during them, but don't always cry.
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

JesusFreak777 wrote:hmm The Passion of the Christ and most recently - Sabrina - the HArrison Ford version.

I know there are many more, but I can't think of them right now. I love chick flicks and often get choked up during them, but don't always cry.
Hmmm, I really need to rewatch Sabrina, since I keep hearing people say it's good. I watched it a few months ago with some over-critical friends, and we didn't even finish it. :anxious:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Were they critical because they love the Audrey Hepburn version, or are they just the kind of people who like to criticize movies because they aren't "realistic" or whatever? I like both versions - obviously Harrison Ford has a big appeal :inlove: but the other version seems more classic to me. Give it a try with different people!
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Catspaw wrote:Were they critical because they love the Audrey Hepburn version, or are they just the kind of people who like to criticize movies because they aren't "realistic" or whatever? I like both versions - obviously Harrison Ford has a big appeal :inlove: but the other version seems more classic to me. Give it a try with different people!
The second reason. It always makes watching movies very...interesting. I'll have to give the movie a re-try sometime soon, especially since I too like Harrison Ford :-
Lonesome Dove
Probably not a NPC

Post by Lonesome Dove »

Oh, I also cried when Beth died in Little Women. I felt so stupid, afterward. :P
18:36 <Katilyn>: *somehting
18:36 <Katilyn>: **somehting
18:36 <Katilyn>: ...
18:36 <Katilyn>: ***something
Image Image
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

Whenever someone dies in a movie that I really liked then I will cry. But is has to be a pretty dramatic death.

If other people cry though, I just think "Oh brother!" and that stops me from crying. But I can't remember any movies that make me cry right now.
amyinodyssey
Found

Post by amyinodyssey »

There are a few movies that make me cry such as The Phantom of the Opera and One Night with the King but the movie that makes e cry the most is, ready for this: Roger's and Hemmerstein's Carousel. I don't know why I should get so emotional every time I watch that movie but I just go to tears near the end. Whenever I think about the plot I think to myself why does this make me cry? It doesn't relate to anything happening in my life or anything that has happened in my life so why should I cry? I guess it's these movies that make me cry the most. There might be others but I just can't think of them right now.
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

The only movie I can remember where I bawled was Bridge to Terabithia. It's just such a said story that really makes you think.
actinglove299
Sing in the sunshine

Post by actinglove299 »

Birdie wrote:The only movie I can remember where I bawled was Bridge to Terabithia. It's just such a said story that really makes you think.
That was so sad, and so good... a person can be there one minute and not there the next. :(
WatchaCall
Animatronic

Post by WatchaCall »

Old Yeller. The original crying movie.
FrayedAroundTheEdges
i hold the hand that holds the world
i hold the hand that holds the world

Post by FrayedAroundTheEdges »

I cried last night during Pirates of the Carribean: 3 the beg with the lil boy will prolly alwayz be in my memoir.... :(

and OF COURSE i BAWLED my eyes out during The Passion :sniff:
]Lost and insecure, you found me, lyin on the floor...
whyd you have to wait? where were you?
just a little late...you found me
<3 The Fray --> You Found Me
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

Yeah, I ALMOST cried when her dad went by in the boat (I'm saying it like that so as not to spoil it for those who haven't seen it). That was really sad.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
Abigail
Crazy lil blondie
Crazy lil blondie

Post by Abigail »

Well, lets see.
I cried the first time I saw What a Girl Wants. And...I um cried when I saw Spirit for the first time (even now when I watch that movie I get a lump in my throat). Oh and at the end of Princess Diaries 2, the part where they crown Mia as queen, oh man, and when Charlotte says "The egale (sp) is flying for the last time, that part really gets me.
I cried when I saw a Bebo TV clip of The Passion of Christ, and I was watching that with my best friend, and he looked at me and said "Are you crying?" and I was like *sniff* "Yes" *sniff*
I think I even cried at High School Musical, but I can't say for sure. :)
^She is back!! In all her glory!^ For real this time! ;)
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

West Side Story.
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

I try not to cry too much during movies or any time for that matter but the movie that gets me most is My Dog Skip! Expeshally at the end where Skip dies!! I mostly cry when animals die! Probally the only other that really go time was the first Air Bud movie. Where the owner tells Buddy to stay and don't come back and he is crying! :boohoo:
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

I'd say the end of LOTR:ROTK where Frodo is going to the Gray Havens. While I didn't officially "cry," I did get a huge lump in my throat.
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

I cried even the second time I watched Man On Fire! It is such a sad movie! But be warned: it is really violent too.
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
Impossible is Nothing
Tallying up

Post by Impossible is Nothing »

Okay I didn't cry, but I was close....when I watched Gladiator, ya know when Maximas dies. That made me sad.