Watermelon

How do you eat yours?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Trent DeWhite wrote:How does this relate to Watermelon? :lol:
Prolly some sort of Truth/Dare.

And I like watermelon...the best way to eat it is to get a huge slice and stand over the kitchen sink and eat it, letting the juice run down your chin and get all over your hands. If you want to eat watermelon, make it an expirience.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
Me wrote:
Laura Ingalls wrote:Oh, I can't see how anyone can like salt on watermelon. :sick: My mom and granny do that - it's gross!
Have you actually tried it, or does it just sound gross?
I have never tried it myself, but it seems rather antithetical to the purpose behind eating it. I usually eat watermelon when I'm particularly thirsty or lacking in fluids... adding salt would kind of defeat the purpose. :anxious:
I believe it's supposed to make the flavor stronger. :anxious: I've never wanted to salt my perfectly good watermelon to find out. When a relative of mine visited a Dole plantation in Hawaii many years ago, they sold pineapple there and the tables had salt on them. Supposedly that made it extra good. :-s

I sometimes eat watermelon like Catspaw says she eats it. Other times I eat it like Frank. Then there are the times where it's already cut into bite-sized pieces for me. Eating black seeds is yucky and the crunching noise is awful! ](*,) I don't usually bother with the white seeds. Seedless watermelon is better so you don't have to worry about it but just remember that it's not truly seedless... those little white seeds are still lurking. :anxious:
Alleycat
insert dash here

Post by Alleycat »

Dad just cuts a piece and gives it to me. I grab a bowl, hold the piece of watermelon by each end, a bite! MMMMMMMMmmmm delumpcious!

I can get more watermelon with my mouth than with a spoon.

And salt on watermelon sounds yech! Watermelons are tropical cool sort of things, and salt isn't.
And each light that we've extinguished has brought darkness to our Land...
Upon our Nation have mercy Lord!
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

I believe it's something like, "Donde está el baño."

Oh. No... not again.
Yeah, you're right...LovedbyGod, don't you remember the AIO episode "The Cross of Cortez"? heh, that's the only reason i know how to say that. Pretty much don't know anything else in spanish, lol. :D
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Frank wrote:Prolly some sort of Truth/Dare.
Yeah, I figured that out immediately after I posted. :anxious:
Emperor Chandler wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:
Me wrote:
Laura Ingalls wrote:Oh, I can't see how anyone can like salt on watermelon. :sick: My mom and granny do that - it's gross!
I have never tried it myself, but it seems rather antithetical to the purpose behind eating it. I usually eat watermelon when I'm particularly thirsty or lacking in fluids... adding salt would kind of defeat the purpose. :anxious:
I believe it's supposed to make the flavor stronger. :anxious: I've never wanted to salt my perfectly good watermelon to find out. When a relative of mine visited a Dole plantation in Hawaii many years ago, they sold pineapple there and the tables had salt on them. Supposedly that made it extra good. :-s
Stronger? 0_o
Chandler wrote:I don't usually bother with the white seeds. Seedless watermelon is better so you don't have to worry about it but just remember that it's not truly seedless... those little white seeds are still lurking. :anxious:
White seeds bother you, hm?

*sends bag of seedless watermelons with white seeds to Chandler*

:badgrin:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Me wrote:
Yes, I have tried it at my mom's insistence that it was great. It wasn't!!!

Salty watermelon isn't my idea of a good refreshing summer snack. :sick:
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I do not remember the episode "The Cross of Cortez"...never even heard of it. But I knew how to say "Donde esta el bonyo" before. *has a giggle*

And salt on watermelon?! SUGAR!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

And then there's Mr. Charles funny car Spanish tapes from Here Today, Gone Tomorrow..."now repeat after me...Where is the bathroom..."
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Oh yes! That must be where I know it from! I just randomly say that sentance because it's pretty much the only spanish I know!

And FRANK, I need you in the fighting fairy thread!

Anyway, back to vatermelon.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Stronger? 0_o
Allegedly. :anxious: I’ve never tried it.
Trent DeWhite wrote:
Chandler wrote:I don't usually bother with the white seeds. Seedless watermelon is better so you don't have to worry about it but just remember that it's not truly seedless... those little white seeds are still lurking. :anxious:

*plants them and harvests a huge crop of juicy watermelons*

What a kind friend you are! :hug:
Frank wrote:And then there's Mr. Charles funny car Spanish tapes from Here Today, Gone Tomorrow..."now repeat after me...Where is the bathroom..."
I think voice of Bourland is the guy who does the Spanish on that tape. :-k
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Next time we have watermelon, I'm adding a pinch of salt. :anxious:
Chandler wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:
Chandler wrote:I don't usually bother with sthe white seeds. Seedless watermelon is better so you don't have to worry about it but just remember that it's not truly seedless... those little white seeds are still lurking. :anxious:

How did you manage to grow watermelons without seeds? :shock:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

I just eat it. Sometimes little piece after little piece and sometimes just eat it as a big piece.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Next time we have watermelon, I'm adding a pinch of salt. :anxious:
Chandler wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:
Chandler wrote:I don't usually bother with sthe white seeds. Seedless watermelon is better so you don't have to worry about it but just remember that it's not truly seedless... those little white seeds are still lurking. :anxious:

How did you manage to grow watermelons without seeds? :shock:
Those little white seeds were more potent than you guessed. \:D/
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

I sometimes like salt on my watermellon...........sometimes I don't.........it all depends.

I also will occasionally eat even the black seeds.........after all they're not going to kill you or anything...........but sometimes when I'm with sibligs it's fun to eat the watermellon then see how far we can spit the seeds.....

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Bandit Squirrel
OK

Post by Bandit Squirrel »

I usually pick out all of the seeds that I can see first, then take a huge bite. I don't like having all of the sticky juice dribble down my arms, but I'm to lazy to cut the watermellon into pieces before eating it.