Spiderman 3

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Venom will come back...theres no way an explosion destroyed him. >:l Also yes, Sandman kinda ruined the film, it's supposed to be about Spidey and Venom...dur. >_<
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

ek wrote:Venom will come back...theres no way an explosion destroyed him. >:l Also yes, Sandman kinda ruined the film, it's supposed to be about Spidey and Venom...dur. >_<
They kinda forced Raimi to put Venom in the movie because the fans love Venom so much. But I think he underestimated just how much. Simply sticking him in there isn't enough. Venom is a great character that was given the short end of the stick in this movie. First of all, Venom rarely hurts anyone besides Spider-man. Eddie views himself as a hero, and Spider-man as the villain. That didn't come across in the movie. And he's supposed to talk in the third person "we" indicating that he is a combination of Eddie and the Symbiote.

Anyway, the movie was good if you ignore the fact that they ruined Venom.
Last edited by Elrohir on Mon May 07, 2007 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jtmcgee
Pilgrim

Post by jtmcgee »

I saw it, its ehh, good, but not as good as the first but better than the second.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

My brother and I saw this movie today! Yay! \:D/ I definitely enjoyed it! I jumped in my seat at least twice when something suddenly appeared on the screen when I wasn't expecting it, and I was definitely in the process of tearing up for the last few minutes, though I didn't actually cry. I'm definitely glad that I went to see it! :D
FrayedAroundTheEdges
i hold the hand that holds the world
i hold the hand that holds the world

Post by FrayedAroundTheEdges »

Robo wrote:I WANT TO SEE SPIDER MAN THREE IN AN IMAX THEATER! For reals I do. I'd be awesome.

-Robo
OMGoodness robo...that's sounds so AWESOME!! \:D/ I think ill follow ur lead
]Lost and insecure, you found me, lyin on the floor...
whyd you have to wait? where were you?
just a little late...you found me
<3 The Fray --> You Found Me
Aslan
Smile for the camera

Post by Aslan »

The movie was good but it could have been a lot better
and the the script was pretty corny in different parts of the movie.
And the movie was a liite to drawn out.
but other then that it was pretty good some of the fight scenes were pretty cool

Life is worth living, so live the best life that you can
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

My mom and dad saw it last night, and they said it was okay. So, I guess we'll see it when it comes out on DVD. :p
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Trinarius
If posts were pigs...

Post by Trinarius »

Catspaw wrote:My brother and I saw this movie today! Yay! \:D/ I definitely enjoyed it! I jumped in my seat at least twice when something suddenly appeared on the screen when I wasn't expecting it, and I was definitely in the process of tearing up for the last few minutes, though I didn't actually cry. I'm definitely glad that I went to see it! :D
Yeah, those last few minutes really get to you. :( It was just so sad... :mecry:

But anyway, I've seen this movie three times already, and I thought it was awesome. Was it as good as Spider-Man 2? Not quite, but it came pretty close. The special effects were amazing - you really have to see this movie on the big screen to appreciate them. But I guess for being the most expensive movie ever made, that's not surprising. ;) The main characters gave some great performances. I'm always amazed at how well Tobey Maguire can convey the emotions that he is experiencing. There aren't too many actors out there who can do the job like he can. Kirsten Dunst played a more mature and grown-up Mary Jane, and I thought she played her part well. Even though I've read lots of complaints about this, I actually enjoyed her singing and thought it was tastefully done. Most everyone else also acted well - not as sharp as the acting in SM2 - but still very good. The score to this film was pretty good also, although I'm really disappointed that Danny Elfman couldn't return for the third movie. :( Christopher Young came up with some cool themes throughout the movie, but I missed the signature Elfman style that makes him one of my favorite composers. There were very few profanities in this movie, and the morals it teaches about forgiveness and friendship are solid. It really is sad to think that this is probably the last Spider-Man movie with all of the original cast, and I don't think I would be able to accept new actors filling in their roles for Spider-Man 4. Sam Raimi really gave it all up for this last movie in the trilogy, and, with the astounding records it has already set at the box office, I couldn't be happier.
-Josh

Trinarius is back. Kind of.
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

WoW, What a good movie. I saw it last night.
~~~~~~~~Go spidey!~~~~~~~~~
I do what I do.
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

Just came back from a showing. This is the second time I've gone to see Spiderman, but only the first time I've seen it (last Saturday our local theater had every single showing for the day sold out by noon).

Great movie! It didn't feel quite as classic as the other two, but it was still terrific! I heard a lot of negativity about this movie, saying it didn't live up to the first two or it ended poorly, but I personally say it was much better than the first movie and possibly even the second (though I'll have to think it over before deciding that).

Anyway, loved it! :D I can't wait for the DVD.
Smushed and Spicy! \:D/

I really need to change my avatar...
The Artful Dodger
Still standing tall

Post by The Artful Dodger »

I liked it. Harry was my favorite \:D/

I thought there was a bit too much about the sandman though. Every time it went back to him, I would think, "Oh no, not him again." I was wishing he would just be gotten rid of. :(

Didn't we have some fun, though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said, 'goodbye.' And you were like, 'no, wait.' And then I was all, 'we pretended we were going to murder you.' That was great...
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

Since I habnt reviewed it yet it was incredible.
SPOILERS.
i THOUGHT IT was the best one yet.
The Sandman was increible.
It was wierd how he killed uncle Ben.
The new Goblin wasa awesome it was wicked how he teamed up with spidey to fighjt Sadny and venom.
Venom was awesome way to powerful. How can anyone else compareI never expected theose two to team up.
Seeing gwen and george stacy was interesting.
Spidey was so funny when he had the suit.
And that battle with sandy on the sewers that was amazing all in all I give it 5 stars
Meo
Fourscore and seven

Post by Meo »

On a scale from one to ten if ten is the best where does it rank.
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

Meo wrote:On a scale from one to ten if ten is the best where does it rank.
I'd give it a 7.
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

Meo wrote:On a scale from one to ten if ten is the best where does it rank.
10 all the way
The Artful Dodger
Still standing tall

Post by The Artful Dodger »

Probably a 7 1/2 to 8 somewhere around there.

Didn't we have some fun, though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said, 'goodbye.' And you were like, 'no, wait.' And then I was all, 'we pretended we were going to murder you.' That was great...
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

The Artful Dodger wrote:Probably a 7 1/2 to 8 somewhere around there.
Yeah, I'd put it around there... with SM1 at about an 8.5-9 and SM 2 around a 9.5... \:D/
cubsmith08
OK

Post by cubsmith08 »

i haven't seen it yet, but my dad and my brothers all said it was pretty decent! :D

Please DONATE to help me get more education and to start a MUSIC Faction!!
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

I saw the midnight showing of it... the day before I graduated. \:D/

It was a good movie, corny at parts, but I still enjoyed it.

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny