Heroes is back!

minus Peter's lock of hair

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

Did you watch the newest episode?

Yes!
55%
No! That show is stupid and unscientific!
18%
OF course! And the ARG and the online novels!
9%
Why do you think I care?
18%

Total votes: 11

totustuus
Pilgrim

Heroes is back!

Post by totustuus »

So who watched it, and what did you think of the newest episode, ".07%"?

I have been rather impatient for this show to start up again. It is one of the only shows I watch. My sister is almost completely obsessed with it and has been reading all the novels and following the ARG.

I really enjoyed the new episode.

***SPOILER WARNING*** Plot and/or ending details follow.

Peter was pretty awesome until he got the giant piece of glass stuck in his head. Good thing Clare was around to be smart and figure out why he was dead.
Isaac really surprised me. I never really liked him, but he ended up dying heroically. I wonder what kind of information he had that would kill Sylar and/or stop the bomb.
I'm not sure whether I want Nathan to be President or not. It will probably turn out for the best because Linderman is always right, but kidnapping Micah in order to rig the election is a little wrong. I guess that's why Linderman is considered a criminal. Yes, and we have proof that Linderman is the head of the OWI since Candice is working directly for him.
I'm glad HRG, Matt, and Theodore are out of Primatech. Now they're off to help Peter explode, I think.
I'm really sick of Candice, she should die! As long as Sylar doesn't get her power!
Alternate future Hiro meeting present Hiro really confuses things, I wonder if they'll ever clear up after this.

Anyone else have any thoughts, or care?
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Toward episode 16 or so, things started to get a bit stale. Ep 19 (this weeks) really helped pick things up by introducing the previous generation of heroes, and hinting at highly relevant material there. I love all the space/time stuff, so I can't wait to see what happens with Hiro next. From a purely scientific point, that's my favourite storyline. It's being handled very well.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

The Hiro thing is just...weird.

But my boy Sylar's all like going to stop serial killing now and paint trees on public television. \:D/
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Well if the lock of hair is gone I will never watch this show!! :noway:
totustuus
Pilgrim

Post by totustuus »

ek wrote:The Hiro thing is just...weird.

But my boy Sylar's all like going to stop serial killing now and paint trees on public television. \:D/
Great idea!
StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by StupendousMan »

Of course, and now I can't wait for next monday! Darn this show :D
Scientific progress goes BOINK!
Romans 8:28 - And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Also, even though the paintings say so, Claire must not die. :( Her and Peter are my favorites.
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

The only thing I don't like about Heroes is the evolution propganda, and the graphicness. But they've started to tone it down on the graphic nature of after even Spielberg complained about it. But I like the show 'cause it moves a lot faster than most shows.
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

*thread merged*

/me examined first several pages for similar thread and could not find one! thus.

The time physics in this universe are ones I find immensely confusing, as two people I chat with know already. There's a bad future! But he comes back to warn them to change it! But they still remember the initial bad future history! But... but... what?! ;_;

... This is the problem with becoming a rabid fan of a show in the middle of the summer, when season two is just a bit far off.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

... the problem with not enjoying the Niki, Claire, and Matt storylines is that basically they're a) one of the backbones of the show, and b) they're inexplicably intertwined with HRG, and c) also gore.

needless to say I'm not watching the episodes, but I'm intrigued by the idea of heroes.

SUPA-HIRO~!
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

How about that guy who sucks the brains out of everyone! \:D/

*points to avvy*

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:How about that guy who sucks the brains out of everyone! \:D/

*points to avvy*

-Cowboy
Sylar?

Yeah, basically freaky.

Also Jessica is ... scary. I mean, what's so super about having a Multiple Personality who kills people? That doesn't make Niki a Hero.
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Sarai Binghamton wrote:
COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:How about that guy who sucks the brains out of everyone! \:D/

*points to avvy*

-Cowboy
Sylar?

Yeah, basically freaky.

Also Jessica is ... scary. I mean, what's so super about having a Multiple Personality who kills people? That doesn't make Niki a Hero.
Yeah, he's demented...

Niki isn't a hero... no and neither is Jessica, at least this far in the show, maybe they plan to make her save people or something to make up for all her sins... I don't really understand how Jessica has all the powers and Niki can't do anything "super" at all. (Same body... but whatever.)

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Well heroes is invariably the best show on televison lately...

HRG is very much the greatest chaotic evil-good overlord..ever.
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

/me wishes she had gotten interested when it came out.

:( I shall have to catch up and buy the seasons.

I'm currently hooked on Standoff.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Aram wrote:/me wishes she had gotten interested when it came out.

:( I shall have to catch up and buy the seasons.

I'm currently hooked on Standoff.
There's only one seaso ncurrently and all the episodes are available on nbc.com for free watch thing.
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher
Location: Chillin. Probably sniffing your connection for passwords \:D/

Post by Azariah Ben Yaakov »

*thread merged*

Anyone watch this show? I have seen over half the first season in the last week here, and I am like obsessed with it :p.
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

I have seen it, yes. I think it's a pretty cool show.
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

The second season suffered quite considerably from season-decay, but at least the creator seems to have realized this. To be fair a lot of it was probably due to writers' strike complications...
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Sonuna Hydris wrote:The second season suffered quite considerably from season-decay, but at least the creator seems to have realized this. To be fair a lot of it was probably due to writers' strike complications...
Yes yes. :(

But still it has good backstory coming up to the downfall of it. :P
But I trust Tim Kring will revive it. :P

Yeah I actually own the first season dvd....it's one of the best shows ever. :D