Summer Jobs

Where are you working (or applying)?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I'm getting an error too. :-k
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

He probably put the wrong address in.

Here's the real address.

http://www.dynamicaviation.com
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Thanks Laura! :D
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

I take care of our neighbors animals when they go on vacations.
I used to do that...

Now i'm going to work at camp for a couple of weeks, and as for the rest of the summer, i'll have to wait and see.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I applied at Starbucks last year. I really need/want a job, but I'm fearful of rejection and I get all scared picking up applications. I don't know why, anyway, I've probably picked up 10 since last year and turned in 3.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

LovedbyGod wrote:I applied at Starbucks last year. I really need/want a job, but I'm fearful of rejection and I get all scared picking up applications. I don't know why, anyway, I've probably picked up 10 since last year and turned in 3.
You and I sound like complete opposites...........I got to this town Sat........spent Saturday and Sunday learning my way around even though it's pittifully easy to get around here..........Monday I ignored the holiday and started getting / turning in applications..........Tuesday more applications and some interviews.........Wed MORE applications and interviews.........Today (Thurs) even more applications and interviews.

It's currntly about 1 PM (maybe slightly later) Thursday afternoon.........Between 9 AM Monday morning and now I have:

Turned in 87 job applications (and I'm not done filling them out / turning them in yet)

Had 19 job interviews (with more to go today and no doubt more again tomorrow)

And got one job (hoping for another one before Friday ends since that will be the end of my job search abilities since on Monday I begin working from 8 A to 6 P M-F.........thus no more opportunity to recieve calls for job interviews since that's generally the time most employers call to set up such...........though a while back I did have a manager call me at 10 PM to set up an interview.

There are times I'll "play around" at job search.......pick up like six to eight job applications one day and spend a week turning them in..........but those are the times when I'm either not motivated to WORK at finding a job (not saying that's what everyone is like, just me when that's my pick up / turn in rate) or I'm being really picky about what jobs I'll take..........like I'll think I ONLY want nursing home jobs..........this summer I knew I'd take absolutely anything that offered to let me work for them. But usually once I decide I want / need a job, I will do everything possible to get an application from every place that I'm even remotely quallified to work for and turned in within 4 days (with some interviews in days 2-4) then hopefully within the last day or so I get a job offer..............I had one job hire me (put me on the schedule) before I had even completed the application..........the ironic part is it was a former boss who had hated me when I worked for her previously and I had only went in there as a JOKE to some of my friends..........nowhere near professionally dressed (faded t-shirt, jeans, baseball cap, etc). I had told my friends "if SHE hires me, I know God wants me to stay in town for a little while"..........:roll: I never really thought she'd hire me back.

Anyway, I'm getting hyper (but gotta settle down as I have 5 more interviews in the next 4 hours)

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Laura Ingalls wrote:He probably put the wrong address in.

Here's the real address.

http://www.dynamicaviation.com

*hides face in embarrassment*
SPARKLES
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by SPARKLES »

Me wrote:
SPARKLES wrote:I work at a software company called Logos Bible Software. Has anyone ever heard of it? I'm convinced it's the best place to work on the planet. Tons of fun things to do not to mention you're working mainly with other Christians.
Gah! So you're the one I can blame for that software. :D While it has gotten better in recent years, it is a nightmare to run on any sizeable network. I despise that stuff with a burning passion.

No offence intended, I just had to vent. That software..... :boohoo:

I still have to get motivated and actually go out and look for a job.
Call Tech support or customer service, they would be able to help you. Maybe you need an upgrade c.d. or something.