The true identity of Sherlock Holmes?

Are youse looking for quality electronics at a fair price? Well, come on down to The Electric Palace where we have everything youse are looking for! While money can't be earned by posting here, youse'll find great deals on nonsense of all kinds. So what are youse waiting for? Join the conversations that just don't quite fit anywhere else!
Trinarius
If posts were pigs...

Post by Trinarius »

Sherlock Holmes wrote:
Invisible Woman wrote:
WINDSHEAR wrote:You guys have me confused,... really confused. This user, Sherlock Holmes, is of the female gender? :-s

Or is this all a joke. Given the name, I would have assumed the male gender. :noway:
I got scolded many times over for having "Continental Admiral" as my name, and yet, here, people get away with even worse. :noway:
"Admiral" is gender neutral. ;)

(Though, granted, most would initially assume it to be a male association).
I must embarrassingly admit that, during my early days at the Th, I assumed both Catspaw and the Continental Admiral were guys. :lol:
-Josh

Trinarius is back. Kind of.
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

TrinnyPaw wrote:
Sherlock Holmes wrote:
Invisible Woman wrote:
WINDSHEAR wrote:You guys have me confused,... really confused. This user, Sherlock Holmes, is of the female gender? :-s

Or is this all a joke. Given the name, I would have assumed the male gender. :noway:
I got scolded many times over for having "Continental Admiral" as my name, and yet, here, people get away with even worse. :noway:

I must embarrassingly admit that, during my early days at the Th, I assumed both Catspaw and the Continental Admiral were guys. :lol:
Catspaw, being a guy, obviously has full reason to adore Han Solo/Harrison Ford fullheartedly.
I mean, it just makes sense...
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
Trinarius
If posts were pigs...

Post by Trinarius »

Sarai Binghampaw wrote:
TrinnyPaw wrote:
Sherlock Holmes wrote:
Invisible Woman wrote:

Catspaw, being a guy, obviously has full reason to adore Han Solo/Harrison Ford fullheartedly.
Well, her TH avatar of Han Solo game me the impression that she was a guy. ;) Same goes for CA too hehe.
-Josh

Trinarius is back. Kind of.
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

... the question should become whether EB would be Lestrade or Gregson. After all, he was a Town Inspector for some time there ...
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

TrinnyPaw wrote:
Sarai Binghampaw wrote:
TrinnyPaw wrote:
Sherlock Holmes wrote:
Invisible Woman wrote:

Well, her TH avatar of Han Solo game me the impression that she was a guy. ;) Same goes for CA too hehe.
I used to think that CA was a guy, too, and I saw somebody refer to her as Jessica and I thought they were kidding. :anxious: But I was never confused about Catspaw. :noway: To be honest, I never even considered the way that my name was potentially confusing, and since I see Han Solo as the figure of awesomeness in that "man, does Harrison Ford ever look good! :inlove: " kind of way, I didn't realize how my avatar might reinforce somebody's misconceptions.

Or maybe it's just Trinarius's fault. :noway:
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

Sonuna Hydris wrote:... the question should become whether EB would be Lestrade or Gregson. After all, he was a Town Inspector for some time there ...
Lestrson.
Or Gregade. Which is like a grenade, but more 'Greg' ish.
they may be copper,
they might be giants.
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

Sarai Binghampaw wrote:
Sonuna Hydris wrote:... the question should become whether EB would be Lestrade or Gregson. After all, he was a Town Inspector for some time there ...
Lestrson.
Or Gregade. Which is like a grenade, but more 'Greg' ish.
Okay, let's try to get a gregade in the church, guys.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

In response to Darcpaw and Catspaw, I have risen to the challenge, and established my own identity.

The Life and Times of Sherlock Holmes

But if that still doesn't serve to clear up the conundrum, perhaps I might offer this as an alternative? ;)

Catspaw wrote:However, I think that I'll have to be left out of the faction, since I have no idea what you guys are talking about. :anxious:
That can be easily solved. Said individuals are some of the more notable characters in Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's "Sherlock Holmes" mysteries. Professor Moriary was Holme's archnemisis and, as Holmes put it, "The Napoleon of Crime". Inspector Lestrade was a local constible (who, I believe was later promoted). He worked with Holmes in many of his adventures - the latter often commenting on Lestrade's lack of deductive capacity.

Finally, Irene Adler shows up in "A Scandal In Bohemia" and is known and referred to by Holmes simply as "The Woman". She is one of the very few characters in the series to have successfully outsmarted the Great Detective.

And that, I'm afraid, was the annotated version. But you get the idea. ;)
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

EDIT:
I WAS RIGHT!
Wow. I put 2 and 2 together, and got IV.
Sherlock Holmes wrote:Professor Moriary was Holme's archnemisis and, as Holmes put it, "The Napoleon of Crime"
I'm positive you mean 'Moriarty'.
for other reasons than that I know just a bit about Holmes' history. >_> Call it a faint pursuit of NaNo characters.
they may be copper,
they might be giants.
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

Ah, Reichenbach Falls..

I admit it, I love Sherlock Holmes... the character, not the user :D
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Aram Paw wrote:Ah, Reichenbach Falls..

I admit it, I love Sherlock Holmes... the character, not the user :D
I don't know how I should take that... ;)
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

I suppose I could love you too - in a nice sisterly kind of way ;)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Sherlock Holmes wrote:In response to Darcpaw and Catspaw, I have risen to the challenge, and established my own identity.

The Life and Times of Sherlock Holmes

But if that still doesn't serve to clear up the conundrum, perhaps I might offer this as an alternative? ;)
I know more about that second link that then the first one. ;) Though that is a unique way of offering hints to your true identity, and the picture is all wrong. :noway:
Sherlock Holmes wrote: That can be easily solved. Said individuals are some of the more notable characters in Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's "Sherlock Holmes" mysteries. Professor Moriary was Holme's archnemisis and, as Holmes put it, "The Napoleon of Crime". Inspector Lestrade was a local constible (who, I believe was later promoted). He worked with Holmes in many of his adventures - the latter often commenting on Lestrade's lack of deductive capacity.

Finally, Irene Adler shows up in "A Scandal In Bohemia" and is known and referred to by Holmes simply as "The Woman". She is one of the very few characters in the series to have successfully outsmarted the Great Detective.

And that, I'm afraid, was the annotated version. But you get the idea. ;)
I see - I should have guessed that was where the names were from! #-o Thanks for the explanation - I am now enlightened! \:D/
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

This is the most entertaining topic I've seen in a while. It has many twists and turns and discusses good literature. \:D/

I still don't know who Sherlock Holmes is, but I suppose that can't be helped.
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Lord_Kappaw wrote:I still don't know who Sherlock Holmes is, but I suppose that can't be helped.[/color]
And here I posted a Wikipedia article on Sherlock Holmes...

What more do you people want? ;)
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

We want a man, a plan, a canal, Panama!

See, what gave it away was the avatar. I found the similar styles kind of unnervingly deja vu-esque. And of course, the location of our own Sherlock Holmes allowed me to connect two and two together.
they may be copper,
they might be giants.
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

Sherlock Holmes wrote:
Lord_Kappaw wrote:I still don't know who Sherlock Holmes is, but I suppose that can't be helped.[/color]
And here I posted a Wikipedia article on Sherlock Holmes...

What more do you people want? ;)
Above and beyond what Sarai mentioned we want:

A map, a top hat, and a gatling gun!
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I've known who Sherlock Holmes is since she joined. :neener:
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Sarai Binghampaw wrote:We want a man, a plan, a canal, Panama!

See, what gave it away was the avatar. I found the similar styles kind of unnervingly deja vu-esque. And of course, the location of our own Sherlock Holmes allowed me to connect two and two together.

Unfortunately, I can't provide you with any more witty palindromes, but I can lurk around and act mysterious which, I suppose, will have to suffice. :)

As for the avatar, I'm not sure what you mean, as, to the best of my knowledge, this is the only one I have thus far had at the ToO.
LauraPaw wrote:I've known who Sherlock Holmes is since she joined. :neener:
By all means, enlighten me. ;)
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Sherlock Holmes wrote:As for the avatar, I'm not sure what you mean, as, to the best of my knowledge, this is the only one I have thus far had at the ToO.
I think Sarai believes that the one you have here is of a similar style to the other board where I had met you previous to this.
LauraPaw wrote:I've known who Sherlock Holmes is since she joined. :neener:
Me too. For some of the same reasons as Sarai. And... looking at an old post that gave it away. ;)
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon