All nighter

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Yes or no?

Yes
54%
No
11%
What's an all nighter?
No votes
The special "paw option". For all the Paws out there.
24%
A and D! Yay!
11%

Total votes: 37

Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I have pulled an all nighter. Once a number of years ago. If I am up late any more it is mostly because I can't sleep for whatever reason.
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

several days ago I stayed up until 5AM... couldn't sleep.
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:27 AM): That long?!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:31 AM): IT WAS EONS AGO!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:33 AM): *falls over*
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:46 AM): I've already fallen over and died :noway:
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:47 AM): I beat you. :neener:
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

I've stayed up all night, but I don't think I've ever pulled one, that would be rude. :noway:
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Lizpaw wrote:Yes. Quite a few times, actually. Though if you count near-allnighters (AKA staying up till 3 or 4 and getting 2 or 3 hours of sleep), there would be many more. :anxious:
I've done a till 3 once at camp. It was fun. We told jokes and stuff, including:
A blond walked into a bar. Ouch.
FrayedAroundTheEdges
i hold the hand that holds the world
i hold the hand that holds the world

Post by FrayedAroundTheEdges »

Ive stayed up all night tlking to friends and stuff online, and then there's sleepovers which is a diff story bc my friends and i always stay up all night jus bein loud
]Lost and insecure, you found me, lyin on the floor...
whyd you have to wait? where were you?
just a little late...you found me
<3 The Fray --> You Found Me
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Not to be Clintonian about this, but it depends on what your defininition of "all nighter" is. If you're referring to staying up until the sun rises, only to fall alseep later in the morning I'll imagine a number of us have done that for one reason or another. However, if we're referring to the more generally accepted meaning which simply means not sleeping for that night, the numbers might dwindle a bit.

As for me, my "evenings" usually end around 2am, though I try to avoid omitting sleep all together. The latest I've ever gone without sleep has been 72 hours (3 days) whereupon I began exhibiting subdued symptoms of schitzophrenia (hallucinating, hearing things, paranoia, etc). I never did that again - even if it did mean missing "cram" time before exams. ;)

To make a long story short, sleep is a good thing. Missing one night of it won't hurt you *too* much, but a longer duration carries with it significant, proven health risks.
Pc Pro
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Pc Pro »

DarcPaw wrote:
Pc Pro wrote:
DarcPaw wrote:Hmm... is there an A and D option? ;)

Yes, I have seen the sun rise before I went to bed too many times to count. \:D/
we are talking about staying up all night and working the next day ;)
I know. I didn't include what time I would actually finally sleep. I went to college. ;)
yeah I worked 10 hours after staying up all night :p (I almost went to sleep on the job)
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

I reached the point where I nearly fell asleep while I was walking. :anxious:
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

Speaking of staying up all night- I really should get off the ToO and go to bed... :anxious:
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

me too :anxious: except I'm waiting for something. I'm feeling really tired tonight from all the punishing I've done to myself over the past week.
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

Elizabeth Paw wrote:At this event where you are supposed to stay up all night, I pulled an all nighter. It was really fun! \:D/
Yeah. I did something like that. It was an all night event that a local Bible college put together. My youth group went and we got to the church around 6am. My mom and brother picked me up and we went out for breakfast and then to do some early Christmas shopping before she had to drop my brother off somewhere. I made myself stay awake until 8am (the 24 hour mark), and then I let myself fall asleep.

At some point when I was younger I went to a lock-in at my church and I stayed up all night. I'm sure I was under ten, but I have no idea how old I was. The night seemed to last forEVER, and I was half-dead come morning. I was definitely too young for that.

I'm not sure if I've ever been up all night any other times, though I can stay up until 2 or 3am without feeling too tired, and not get up any later than 9am.
Abigail
Crazy lil blondie
Crazy lil blondie

Post by Abigail »

I have pulled several of them. :)

-Abipaw
^She is back!! In all her glory!^ For real this time! ;)
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

Yup, several times. Although my most memorable happened three years ago.

My mother and I went to take care of an ailing Uncle. He was in Hospice at the time. Our plan was to let me sleep while she stayed awake, then leave the next morning to go home (about 4 hours away).

He passed away about 2 am, so after making some arrangements, we left to go home at 4 am. We made it home at 830.

I slept for about 4 hours, then went on to work. I got home about midnight, got maybe 1 hour then was called out again.

By the middle of the week, I didn't know if I was coming or going :p
Zelda Jacobs
I'm not Gabe

Post by Zelda Jacobs »

I havn't pulled a full all nighter ever, but I have stayed up pretty late. I think the latest I stayed up was like 4 am.
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

I've done it, I had friends over that I rarely get to see, so we just watched movies, drank a lot of pop, talked... And it just happened that we never really went to bed.