Favorite old Disney movies?

Old Yeller? Snow White???

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Ah, I thought you were talking about The Rocketeer from 1991, but there was a RocketMan movie by Disney also. It came out in 1997, so it's definitely not old. :)
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Jack Davis
OK

Post by Jack Davis »

The Apple Dumpling Gang with Don Knotts and Tim Conway is one of our families all time favorites.
Thanks Darth Birdie for the HSE, and DanP740 for the HUGE donation.

I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

Jack Davis wrote:The Apple Dumpling Gang with Don Knotts and Tim Conway is one of our families all time favorites.
oh wow that brings back memories, I remember watching that a long time ago :-k
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

Don Knotts was always pure genius. I like him in Herbie Goes to Monte Carlo. In fact, all the Herbie movies were really good.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Yay! I just watched the 1961 The Parent Trap last night... and I thought it was pretty awesome how they edited it together for the time! Although sometimes when you see the back of the stand-in in a shot, the wig looks a bit obvious. ;)
snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

Cinderella, Aladdin, Swiss Family Robinson (just saw that a few days ago...) I also really like well...*inserts all Disney movies ever seen here* :anxious: and I haven't seen that many--like, the last time I saw The Little Mermaid was when I was, I dunno, 5...and I either didn't see it all or forgot most of it :anxious: But that is so one I want to see again soon! You should see my list of movies (esp. Disney) to see...well, I don't actually have one but whenever anyone says something about a movie I normally say I want to see it. haha.

Thanks Lucy Pevensie for my awsome avatar and signature!!!

Yes, I know it's no longer Christmas but right after I change it it will be again so just get over it...
wooton_bassett
OK

Post by wooton_bassett »

Peter Pan
"I'm a neat freak and a toy geek. Rarely do the two go together but I guess I'm the exception."
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That's a good one! I'm looking forward to the new DVD release that's coming soon! \:D/ I can't remember when...in the next few months, anyway.
Lulu the Paw
29K to go!

Post by Lulu the Paw »

I am an absolute fan of Disney movies! Naturally, it's hard to choose between some of the best movies of all time, but here are my personal favorites:
Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Sleeping Beauty, and Mary Poppins.

The last Disney film I've seen was Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken. Anybody else know about that one? I can never turn down a good romantic chick flick. :inlove: It's based on a true story, it's a horse movie, and the acting is good. 'Nuff said.
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

My favorite old Disney movies would include Mary Poppins and Cinderella. There are quite a few old Disney movies that I've never seen. The list includes Alice in Wonderland, The Aristocats, The Jungle Book, and (until recently) Sleeping Beauty.
Lulu the Paw
29K to go!

Post by Lulu the Paw »

Since we're talking about Disney movies on the AIO message board, why not talk about AIO voice actors who have been in Disney movies?

Both Hal Smith and Will Ryan have voiced Goofy.
Corey Burton: Gus and Jaq in Cinderella II; Captain Hook in Peter Pan II
Alan Young: Hiram in The Great Mouse Detective
Michelle Stacy: Penny in The Rescuers

Brian Blessed, who played Jean Valjean in Focus on the Family Radio Theatre's Les Miserables, voiced Cecil Clayton in Tarzan.

I'm sure there are more, but these are the only ones I know of. Actually, when I watch animated movies now, I always search the credits for AIO people.
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by the_newfie_haystack »

^ Wow, thats great!

My favorite old Disney movie would have to be a tie between The Lion King and The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. (Believe it or not, we have the original one. It's still in pretty good condition.)

Haystack

Edit: Oh man, now I have an image in my head of Whit and Eugene donning Goofy hats and dancing around to the Micky Mouse Club theme song. :hilarious:
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings
wooton_bassett
OK

Post by wooton_bassett »

Catspaw wrote:That's a good one! I'm looking forward to the new DVD release that's coming soon! \:D/ I can't remember when...in the next few months, anyway.
March, my three year old brothers birthday is in March and he loves movies so Im gonna get it for him...and me.
"I'm a neat freak and a toy geek. Rarely do the two go together but I guess I'm the exception."
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

I like that "and me" part at the end! Just like I'm probably going to get it for my 3 yr old... and me. :anxious:

But actually, she hasn't seen Peter Pan yet but knows the story and all the characters. I know she'd love it.
Anne Doyle
Green is good

Post by Anne Doyle »

I really liked the princess movies, Cinderella, Snow White, etc. I liked the Herby movies too! :thewave:
На фоне синего Skys, ссылку из прошлого в будущее, под крыльями убежище защитников.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I would say Cinderella, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, and any movie with a princess in it.
actinglove299
Sing in the sunshine

Post by actinglove299 »

my favorites were Lady and the Tramp and Fox and the Hound <3