What happened to Camp What-A-Nut?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
rickyderocher
My posts are revolutionary

What happened to Camp What-A-Nut?

Post by rickyderocher »

What happened to Camp What-A-Nut? The last show with Camp What-A-Nut was Connie Goes to Camp and that was back in the '80's.

It seems like it would make for a good episode to send some of the new AIO kids to Camp What-A-Nut.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

It was mentioned briefly in the episode A Lesson from Mike.
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Laurie wrote:It was mentioned briefly in the episode A Lesson from Mike.
It was mentioned that they went there. However if it still existed, I don't know.
Last edited by Bennett on Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

I did think it was a tad bit strange that Tom would start the Timothy Center if Camp What-A-Nut was still in existence, and I was a little disappointed with the subtle implication that it might not have been. But maybe God was preparing Connie to work at the Timothy Center by having her work at Camp What-A-Nut that one summer. Maybe Camp What-A-Nut and the Timothy Center should sponsor a joint retreat somewhere--a wilderness camping trip, or a hike, or something like that--not located on either campground, but with workers from both helping out. Maybe Tom and Connie could meet Marco Dibiazzi! \:D/
God bless you, in Jesus' name!!!! :D
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Visit the website of my home church: http://www.freshanointingupc.org
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

Eugene should talk to Marco. They were both played by Will Ryan. O:)

I always wondered what happened to CWAN. Whit was the director in 1988, and had nothing to do with it in 1989. (WE must have kept him too busy.) Connie was a good counselor. I wish they had done more summer eps, but never did it again.

How far is it from Odyssey anyways ? I think its close cause of the stinks like swamp thing.
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

Jimmy Barclay wrote:How far is it from Odyssey anyways ? I think its close cause of the stinks like swamp thing.
*quotes Harlow's line as Mr. Pliant* So that's what that odor is! :shock: (Thought my deodorant stopped working. :anxious: )
God bless you, in Jesus' name!!!! :D
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Visit the website of my home church: http://www.freshanointingupc.org
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Maybe Camp What-A-Nut went bankrupt. :-$
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Too many people thought that it stunk like a swamp. :(

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
suzanne291
I've been here a bit

Post by suzanne291 »

When the episode You Win Some, You Lose Some came out I was under the impression it was their way of telling us What-A-Nut was out of the picture. But I guess they did that episode at the Timothy Center to make a point.. :-k
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

I may be in the minority here, but I much prefer the Timothy Center over Camp What-A-Nut. I don't know why, but the TC feels more like home to me when I hear episodes about it. Maybe that's because it's on Tom's farm and I already had an extensive mental image of the place when TC was introduced. Also, TC always felt more "real" to me. CWAN episodes always had some goofy elements to them (the Goat Man and that obnoxious woman counselor who was played by a man, for example) that made it seem "just like a kid's story."

Although I would like to know what happened to CWAN.
Jasper Dale
OK

Post by Jasper Dale »

i agree that the timothy center is much more "real" than camp what-a-nut. i can actually visualize the timothy center.

O:)
snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

i miss camp what-a-nut...
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

I wonder if it is still out there. Anyone working on AIo know ?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

It became an internment camp for suspected terrorists. :(
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

Timothy Center was definitely described more and you knew better the characters who worked there like Tom, Connie, and the Shephards.
LiviNoel
I've been here a bit

Post by LiviNoel »

I think Camp What-a-Nut had a folksy, fun feeling. The Timothy Center sounds bigger. I always picture it on more open land than amidst the woods like I picture What-A-Nut. I would actually like to hear more about the surroundings of the Timothy Center besides the conference areas.

What-A-Nut sounds more rustic and rugged. Timothy Center sounds more like Disney World's Camp Wilderness where you're outside, but with all the perks and comforts of home.
gracie07
Not as new

Post by gracie07 »

i dont know but the camp what a nut episode is one of my favorites, but my tape broke :( do you know where i could listen to this episode right now online????????????????????????
Waluigi Freak 99
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Waluigi Freak 99 »

It was last heard in "The Fundamentals" (it was the basketball camp), not "Connie Goes to Camp", contrary to popular belief. About how it was destroyed . . .

Camp What-a-Nut fell victim to the goat man. It's a long story, so let me explain.

You see, Camp What-a-Nut tells youngsters that no electronics are allowed on the camp. But, they actually use computers for everything! All of the nature walks are life-sized television displays. Even the counselors are robots! And everything is hooked up to a main computer that runs everything.

The goat man, Dr. Regis Blackgaard's cousin who had the unfortunate calamity of being mutated into a half-goat, half-man, did not like the modernized Camp What-a-Nut and longed for the old camp that was not run by computers. So, the goat man stole a copy of Applesauce from Whit and used it to sabotage Camp What-a-Nut! The place burned down, and the incident is never discussed.

:anxious:

Okay, so what if I don't know what I'm talking about? It could've happened.
Last edited by Waluigi Freak 99 on Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everything written in this post is false.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

My goodness, you certainly have quite the imagination, don't you? ;) That's great! I always had a bad feeling about the goat man. :noway:
amyinodyssey
Found

Post by amyinodyssey »

I have to wonder if camp what-a-nut became obsolete after the Timothy Centre was created. It would be great if we got to go back to camp what-a-nut but I have to wonder how that would happen. I guess that might be able to happen since Tom is kind of gone right now.