Whatever Happened to Greg Kelly?

(From "Waylaid in the Windy City")

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Waluigi Freak 99
Catspaw Rocks!

Whatever Happened to Greg Kelly?

Post by Waluigi Freak 99 »

WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD!

In the last scene we hear him, Dr. Regis Blackgaard is upset with Greg Kelly because he accidentally switched the government's laptop with Whit's. He had his henchman "prepare him something to eat" and told him to "take care of Greg".

What do you think happened to Greg Kelly? Blackgaard, although selfish and manipulative, doesn't seem like the type to just kill someone for a mistake like that. But, then again, considering the wealth that that computer could give Blackgaard . . .

I personally haven't come up with a theory as to what happened to Greg Kelly. What do you think?
Everything written in this post is false.
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

I think that Dr. Blackgaard was more interested in Greg Kelly not skipping town and confessing to the police. His order to Binky that he should "take care of Gregory" is pretty obvious to me. Binky bumped him off.
Macnut
No way I broke the window
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Post by Macnut »

I always thought Blackgaard had him killed. :-

--------------------------------------------
"I’m done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap
living, and dwarfed goals...I am a disciple of Jesus."
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

macnut24 wrote:I always thought Blackgaard had him killed. :-
So did I. Just seems like what he would do to me. And you'll notice something if you ever listen to Another Chance in DBD. I'm not giving anything out, so you'll have tot ry to guess. Has to do with Richard Maxwell in the end, sort of.
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by the_newfie_haystack »

*Draws finger across throat.* Need I say more?

Haystack
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

the_newfie_haystack wrote:*Draws finger across throat.* Need I say more?

Haystack
Nice job. And definitely no.
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

I always just thought that he was killed off.... O:)
Waluigi Freak 99
Catspaw Rocks!

I never actually thought that Greg Kelly was really murdered, but, then again, I haven't heard as much of Blackgaard as most listeners (I was never able to get my hands on "Darkness Before Dawn" or "Daring Deeds, Sinister Schemes).
rickyderocher
My posts are revolutionary

Post by rickyderocher »

He was "removed from the realm of mortal existance"...

Also Blackgaard had Mustafi "bumped off" in the ending of A Name Not A Number Part 2, so it's not like Dr. Blackgaard is above killing somebody.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

When I was younger I never equated "take care of Gregory" with a death sentence, but when I got older, I suddenly had this revelation - Greg Kelly was most likely wearing cement shoes somewhere. ;) I think that the "nobody will ever find you" line and Dr. Blackgaard's tone of voice provide plenty of evidence as to Greg Kelly's fate.
Waluigi Freak 99
Catspaw Rocks!

Yeah, the more I read these topics, the more I'm starting to think that he was killed off.

But that brings to mind a similar question: Blackgaard was reduced to begging for his life from Richard Maxwell, who held him at "gunpoint". Wouldn't a villain like Blackgaard carry a pistol with him, or at least have some way of defending himself? Selling a government laptop computer on the black market isn't exactly the safest activity to engage in in Chicago, so it always struck me as odd that he didn't have a firearm with him.
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Um, considering Adventures in Odyssey is a kids show...:roll:
But then again, that would have been seriously cool if he did.

Haystack
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings
Macnut
No way I broke the window
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Post by Macnut »

the_newfie_haystack wrote:*Draws finger across throat.* Need I say more?

Haystack
Nicely put...
Waluigi Freak 99 wrote:But that brings to mind a similar question: Blackgaard was reduced to begging for his life from Richard Maxwell, who held him at "gunpoint". Wouldn't a villain like Blackgaard carry a pistol with him, or at least have some way of defending himself?
Maybe, but I'd imagine that Blackgaard thought he had a perfect plan and there was no way he'd need protection...just a thought.

--------------------------------------------
"I’m done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap
living, and dwarfed goals...I am a disciple of Jesus."
Waluigi Freak 99
Catspaw Rocks!

the_newfie_haystack wrote:Um, considering Adventures in Odyssey is a kids show...:roll:
Just becasue it's a kids' show doesn't mean Blackgaard can't carry a weapon. "The Final Conflict" had Blackgaard killed by a bomb. (Sorry if I just spoiled it for you.) As said in this thread, it was implied that Greg Kelly was knocked off. Consider "A Name, Not a Number".
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Waluigi Freak 99 wrote:
the_newfie_haystack wrote:Um, considering Adventures in Odyssey is a kids show...:roll:
Just becasue it's a kids' show doesn't mean Blackgaard can't carry a weapon. "The Final Conflict" had Blackgaard killed by a bomb. (Sorry if I just spoiled it for you.) As said in this thread, it was implied that Greg Kelly was knocked off. Consider "A Name, Not a Number".
True enough. And don't worry, you didn't spoil the ending for me. :)

Hasyatck
rickyderocher
My posts are revolutionary

Post by rickyderocher »

Waluigi Freak 99 wrote:
A Name Not A Number, yeah, Mustafia had a gun. When he had Tasha captive I was quite suprised to hear that he said "I can still shoot her from across the room." Quite the contrast from The Case of the Secret Room when they writters changed the Mr. Feinwick's weapon to a sleeping blow tart shooting cane from a gun because of possible listerners fears of violence.

Oh, not that I mind, I think it's a lot cooler for villians to be packing guns....
gracie07
Not as new

Post by gracie07 »

I BET U HES IN JAIL BC HE IS A THIEF AND DOES ILLEGAL THINGS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

edited: please DO NOT make long strings of text, as it stretches the page! -Darcie
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

He would have gone to jail if somebody other than Regis had found him first. ;)

In the future it would be great if you didn't use such a long string of characters just to make your post worth more money, or whatever the reason was - it stretches out the screen. :)
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Catspaw wrote:When I was younger I never equated "take care of Gregory" with a death sentence, but when I got older, I suddenly had this revelation - Greg Kelly was most likely wearing cement shoes somewhere. ;) I think that the "nobody will ever find you" line and Dr. Blackgaard's tone of voice provide plenty of evidence as to Greg Kelly's fate.
Ditto to what Catspaw said. I didn't think of murder at first either but now I think it's stated vaguely for a good reason.