when was your first listening experience

???

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
FrayedAroundTheEdges
i hold the hand that holds the world
i hold the hand that holds the world

when was your first listening experience

Post by FrayedAroundTheEdges »

When was your first time listening to Odyssey?
I dont really remember my very first episode but i remember we always watched the videos when we were little and then about 5 years ago when I moved ot NY my neighbor got me into it. :)
]Lost and insecure, you found me, lyin on the floor...
whyd you have to wait? where were you?
just a little late...you found me
<3 The Fray --> You Found Me
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

Hmm... I first listened to Odysseys at my friends house and then I was hooked!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I was listening to my local Christian FM station and they ran an ad for their kid's programming. The on air personality came on and mentioned AIO and said that she listened to it. Out of curiousity I listened and have been hooked ever since.
Macnut
No way I broke the window
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Post by Macnut »

Hmm. Well untill recently I thought that I was probably 7 but then realized I was more likely about 5. My friend let me borrow an album, I pretty clearly remember, it was volume 7.

--------------------------------------------
"I’m done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap
living, and dwarfed goals...I am a disciple of Jesus."
EvangelineWalker
I'm a teapot

Post by EvangelineWalker »

I think I was seven and I was riding in the car on the way home from Grandma's (or something) and my parents turned the station and found this radio show--someone named Grimm was chasing this boy in a spaceship...and then Nagle told him that he had fallen and that Grimm was the Grim reaper ( I didn't know what that meant) and that he had to go through this door and then he woke up in the hospital. That, of course, was Someone to Watch Over Me. I liked it but didn't listen regularly after that. Then we found out when Odyssey was on and we began listening every night at 6:00, and taping programs when we were gone, and getting albums.

That's how I got into Odyssey!

(btw, I just figured out that Nagle is an anagram for angel... Always thought that was a strange name..)
fatlooy
Sing in the sunshine

Post by fatlooy »

I can't remember my first because I have listened to it all my life but I remember it always helped me when my parents were going threw a hard time I would listen to AIO and it would make me feel allot better.
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

I grew up listening to Odyssey, so I can't really remember what originally got me hooked. I do remember my aunt and uncle giving me a whole bunch of Odyssey albums on tape (Albums #7-15)
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

EvangelineWalker wrote: (btw, I just figured out that Nagle is an anagram for angel... Always thought that was a strange name..)
Woah thats right! I never thought of that!
Waluigi Freak 99
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Waluigi Freak 99 »

I first heard the radio series when Chick-fil-A gave out Adventures in Odyssey tapes with their kid's meals. However, I only heard ones like "Isaac the Procrastinator" and "Why Don't You Grow Up?"

I got my first album when I borrowed "In Your Wildest Dreams!" from my pastor's library. Needless to say, I really didn't like this album, as it was in the "era of the splits", and found Adventures in Odyssey as nothing more than a way to get to sleep faster at night. The only episode that really stuck out to me was the powerful "No Boundaries".

But, I decided to give the series a chance and checked out more albums. I quickly discovered albums like "Twists and Turns", "Other Times, Other Places", and "Flights of Imagination". (He later let me keep half of them, and I'm very thankful. \:D/ )

Anyway, that's how I was introduced to Adventures in Odyssey.
Everything written in this post is false.
gracie07
Not as new

Post by gracie07 »

MINE WAS ABOUT 12 YEARS AGO AND IVE BEEN HOOKED EVER SINCE :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: fixed exclamation points. Also, please remember in the future not to use all capital letters. Thanks! ~Aelwyn