Whit's Income

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Conniepaw
Smile for the camera

Whit's Income

Post by Conniepaw »

how does whit make money? in one ep Tom says whit never made a penny off of whits end and jason said that whit had never been on the payroll of the security agency. How does he live??? i know he had books published but you cant live just off that..???
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

Wouldn't it be his encyclopedia company? I'm sure those companies can be quite wealthy
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

He robs banks. :anxious:
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

Whit is the chief stock holder of the Universal Press Foundation. It primarily focuses on Encyclopedias but also other small area (like Macadamia Publishing). As the "owner" of a major publishing company, Whit gets a ton of money while hardly lifting a finger.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
fatlooy
Sing in the sunshine

Post by fatlooy »

he has to be making money off of whits end. there's no way he's not considering how popular that shop is!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

It isn't that Whit couldn't be making money if he wanted to - he chooses not to. :) In a very early episode ("Recollections," if I recall correctly ;)) Tom tells Connie that in all the time that Whit owned Whit's End, he's never made a penny off of it. My guess would be that he keeps his prices at a level needed to cover only his basic costs, and in doing so keeps things more affordable for everybody. Plus people do go to Whit's End just to hang out sometimes, or just to play with the trains or whatever. Whit's End doesn't have an entrance fee. ;)
suzanne291
I've been here a bit

Post by suzanne291 »

Lord_Kappa wrote:He robs banks. :anxious:
uh... yeah thats it. :^o haa kidding

no but there have been SEVERAL hints on whit's wealthiness and his encyclopedia thing must be the source
I am the only one to blame for this
Somehow it all ends up the same
Soaring on the wings of selfish pride, I flew too high
and like Icarus I collide
with the world I tried so hard to leave behind
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

The Poor Rich Guy would be a good ep to understand his wealthiness:D
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
Waluigi Freak 99
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Waluigi Freak 99 »

In "Tales of Moderation", Whit tells Connie that he also has his hand in a few other businesses, as well. ;)
Everything written in this post is false.
gracie07
Not as new

Post by gracie07 »

UNIVERSAL PRESS...HE'S VERY COMFORTABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: fixed exclamation points. In the future, please do not use all capital letters. Thanks! ~Aelwyn